the JADE thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so hard to keep up and respond to people on a cell phone and I am having trouble getting on the computer on the weekends with my study converted into a guest bedroom so some of these responses are super duper late.

JKP: I love the colors of super green but it is weird that the quality of the polish seems so much worse than UJ's usual standards. What did she say when you contacted her about it?

I am really loving your princess YS. Something about the round shape really brings out the qualities of YS. Maybe because from the side, you can see more? I hope more people order princess shape if he gets more stone so I can admire! :smile:

Uli! I like that horse pendant! Esp how the bail is carved as part of the pendant. So neato!

Belle Blue: I think I missed when you first posted a photo of Scheherazade. The name seems so appropriate for that bangle! (I've always loved the story of arabian nights. Even if it is a bit morbid...) :biggrin:

GS: kermit is so unique! I'm always surprised when I see it again. I think that means: post more photos so I don't forget what she looks like. =D I didn't even know you could carve a bangle from aquamarine. Everytime I've seen it, it's been a mounted gemstone. How unusual!

DS: I love the color of 24k and that casting is lovely! Are you worried about it being too soft and getting deformed? I worry about that all the time with higher content golds.

SkiJ: I think heat won't harm the jade... I'm sure it's been subjected to worse before people came along and dug it up. =D I guess I never really noticed mine heating up though because I don't wear it on my dominant hand and no one wants to see me trying to cook with my left hand. I'm a bad enough cook with my dominant hand. :lol:

NYCP: I LOVE YOUR NAILS! I love ladybugs! How long does a manicure like that last? I just can't keep my nails nice... probably a result of my hobbies but I'm always so jealous of everyone's nails here. Maybe I should start trying that gel kind that lasts 2-3 weeks??? And there's mochi! Give him a kiss for me.

Vixy: Hi! :biggrin:

Druzy, GS: I love your moss on snow princess bangles! That is the other look that is really lovely to me. Desire Treasures has one that I ogled for a bit. Have you noticed that color pattern seems to do better on a princess bangle? I dunno what it is. Maybe it's just that classic look.

Ok I'll stop here for now and try to catch up again later. :biggrin:

Thank you! Your Iris and Yam are amazing too!

Thank you, AJMeow and Kitty. :biggrin:

I opened my box and there was no frog!

No prince either.

Only my YS bangle!

Day light:

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1397574571.680422.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1397574679.008197.jpg

Indoor light:
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1397574597.542759.jpg

I HEART this! It has jelly bits, gold flakes and a shimmery depth that jadeite does not.

BUT! (Yes there's a but)

The cut is still too big. I wanted a dainty look bit it still came rather chunky.

You think?

No prince either.

Only my YS bangle!

Day light:

View attachment 2580437
View attachment 2580440

Indoor light:
View attachment 2580438

I HEART this! It has jelly bits, gold flakes and a shimmery depth that jadeite does not.

BUT! (Yes there's a but)

The cut is still too big. I wanted a dainty look bit it still came rather chunky.

You think?

It was well worth the wait!! It's Gorgeous and I don't think it looks chunky on your wrist at all. In fact it showcases the YS just perfectly!
What is the size of your YS?

No prince either.

Only my YS bangle!

Day light:

View attachment 2580437
View attachment 2580440

Indoor light:
View attachment 2580438

BUT! (Yes there's a but)

You think?

I don't think its chunky at all. It looks like a good width on you! I feel like too thin a bangle with YS would mean u lose a lot of the qualities that make it special like all the snowy bits. U wouldn't be able to see those as well on a thin bangle. I think the only way to get something more dainty would be to go the princess route.

Maybe give it a bit and see if u can get used to it? I really do think it looks lovely on you!

No prince either.

Only my YS bangle!

Day light:

View attachment 2580437
View attachment 2580440

Indoor light:
View attachment 2580438

BUT! (Yes there's a but)

You think?
I totally think it looks perfect. I don't think I would like it thinner. It look very chic on you.

I only just found this thread and the older ones this past week. I wish it was around years ago! I love all jade which is why I joined!

I was searching JadeIsUs, which led me to an older thread. I know some have posted that JadeIsUs is not to be trusted. However, years ago I did purchase a few jade bangles from him and thought I'd post photos to see what you think. Natural A jadeite, B/C jadeite or nephrite? I didn't know what I was doing and didn't know who to trust. So I didn't spend much $ on them. The green one was sold in his reduced section where the bangles have known flaws - in this case there's a crack. It also has a few surface cracks, too. The pale lavender one has a tiny chip on an inside edge, but I think that was not revealed when I bought it. However, when I emailed him about the chip, he was very apologetic and I could have returned it. But I decided to keep it anyway since I bought it during one of his 50% off sales, which seems to be on all the time now vs years ago.

I don't wear jade bangles often nor for any great lengths at a time. But I still love them (and the rest of my jade pieces) and love to simply look at them occasionally. This is my first post so I hope this and the photos turn out OK.

Attachments

• Both D Bangles 3.jpg
    Both D Bangles 3.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 243
  • Green D Bangle 2.jpg
    Green D Bangle 2.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 241
  • Lavender D Bangle 1.jpg
    Lavender D Bangle 1.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 244

No prince either.

Only my YS bangle!

Day light:

View attachment 2580437
View attachment 2580440

Indoor light:
View attachment 2580438

BUT! (Yes there's a but)

You think?

Beautiful. I find the width is okay. Agree that it is a bit big. But it is still alright. Just push it further up your arm.

Are you almost to the end? The girl is so cute.

Agree; especially when she was drunk and yelling at the wrong door.

I don't want to get something just to get something.

Wise words.

I feel sorry for my kids.

It has been on my mind for the last few years that how are my children gonna make it in the future. Even here the forsaken place, owning a home has become a luxury.

A few weeks ago I bought a pair of light yellow bangles.
The darker coloured one is Custard. The lighter one is Cream 😄
View attachment 2580192

Very translucent, nice !!

Aj, the seller said a new tech was used to 'harden' the 24k gold. Whatever that means. Lol!

Ohh, this is new, wow, thanks for sharing ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.