the JADE thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you almost to the end? The girl is so cute.

No, only on chapter 7. I am all over the place between, Empress Ki, Legend and My love.
Every time my husband walk by he's like what are you watching NOW???!!

I've seen the female lead in 2 other movies. She's really funny!! Although I must say I don't find the guy all that attractive.

Yes, is lucky the seller give me lifetime warranty :smile:

Do you love Alice's bangle sis?

Good luck for the house!

That's the thing, I'm not sure if I love it. I want a lavender bangle but I think I would prefer a more even cool lavender with good color in a D or ival shape. Alice's is nicest so far but I def don't want to feel like I'm "settling" for $7k!

That's the thing, I'm not sure if I love it. I want a lavender bangle but I think I would prefer a more even cool lavender with good color in a D or ival shape. Alice's is nicest so far but I def don't want to feel like I'm "settling" for $7k!
If you don't love it NYC P, you shouldn't get it. It is a lot of money. Maybe you will find something that you like better for less. Hope so.

It's so hard to keep up and respond to people on a cell phone and I am having trouble getting on the computer on the weekends with my study converted into a guest bedroom so some of these responses are super duper late.

JKP: I love the colors of super green but it is weird that the quality of the polish seems so much worse than UJ's usual standards. What did she say when you contacted her about it?

I am really loving your princess YS. Something about the round shape really brings out the qualities of YS. Maybe because from the side, you can see more? I hope more people order princess shape if he gets more stone so I can admire! :smile:

Uli! I like that horse pendant! Esp how the bail is carved as part of the pendant. So neato!

Belle Blue: I think I missed when you first posted a photo of Scheherazade. The name seems so appropriate for that bangle! (I've always loved the story of arabian nights. Even if it is a bit morbid...) :biggrin:

GS: kermit is so unique! I'm always surprised when I see it again. I think that means: post more photos so I don't forget what she looks like. =D I didn't even know you could carve a bangle from aquamarine. Everytime I've seen it, it's been a mounted gemstone. How unusual!

DS: I love the color of 24k and that casting is lovely! Are you worried about it being too soft and getting deformed? I worry about that all the time with higher content golds.

SkiJ: I think heat won't harm the jade... I'm sure it's been subjected to worse before people came along and dug it up. =D I guess I never really noticed mine heating up though because I don't wear it on my dominant hand and no one wants to see me trying to cook with my left hand. I'm a bad enough cook with my dominant hand. :lol:

NYCP: I LOVE YOUR NAILS! I love ladybugs! How long does a manicure like that last? I just can't keep my nails nice... probably a result of my hobbies but I'm always so jealous of everyone's nails here. Maybe I should start trying that gel kind that lasts 2-3 weeks??? And there's mochi! Give him a kiss for me.

Vixy: Hi! :biggrin:

Druzy, GS: I love your moss on snow princess bangles! That is the other look that is really lovely to me. Desire Treasures has one that I ogled for a bit. Have you noticed that color pattern seems to do better on a princess bangle? I dunno what it is. Maybe it's just that classic look.

Ok I'll stop here for now and try to catch up again later. :biggrin:

I think this bangle is GORGEOUS :loveeyes:

Oh! this reminds me of my shopping trip last week with some girlfriends. One of them was looking at engagement rings and one of the shops in the mall had a tiny jade selection which is very unusual in an american mall so of course we had to take a look. They had one bangle which they pulled out for us to look at and we of course, played the guessing game on price tag to see if we could get close.

The bangle was 2/3 white and 1/3 of that apple green that is super popular right now. Pretty thick width and well polished but a pretty coarse grain and opaque, no translucency at all. I guessed around 12k and my friend guessed around 16k.

The store told us it was being sold at 150k. :wtf:

Ok I know I'm no expert and maybe I missed seeing something, but I have been pretty good at guessing within range of a bangle's price and to be over 100k off? As we were leaving, I was whispering to my girlfriends that there was NO way anyone who knew jade would spend that much on THAT bangle. For 150k, I want a bangle that looks like the one Dynasty posted! I guess the store can hope that some clueless westerner comes in and spends that much on it... :lol:

Uli, Here are the earings with the rest of my lavenders.
Gosh, those are GORGEOUS earrings and they match so well! You've probably decided already but can you just put a downpayment down until they are appraised?

Tiffins: that fish is adorable. :biggrin:
Why do you have to ration your earl grey?? Is it hard to get it where you are? If it is, we should start a tea pen pal thing! I have a friend I trade teas with a few times a year and it's a lot of fun!

BnG: Always so stylish! :biggrin: Love the dress!

DS: your fish is so cute too!

Druzy: I must agree with everyone, how can you be so calm?! And I like how everyone is freaking out over you opening the box while you are all patiently waiting for the sun to rise. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.