the JADE thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow there is so much to catch up on!

Druzy, your YS is beyond gorgeous and goes with your skin color so well. I love it on you and DO NOT think it's too chunky at ALL!!! And all of your bangles are amazing. What a collection you have!

Junkempo, I know what you mean about go-go-go! Ugh..it's really hard sometimes! I hope you get some time for yourself soon. thanks for the link. I have long loved Wallace Chang (sp?) and think he's a modern master jewelry artist. That would be a dream, to own one of his pieces. He's my favorite famous jeweler.

NYCP, getting a house and real estate is the most important investment....as Scarlet O'hara's father says in Gone With The Wind..."land is the only thing worth living for, worth dying for, because it's the only thing that lasts." And with a population of 7 billion and expected to top out at 12 billion, land will be in very short demand.

It's true that any desirable place to live is going to cost. In Santa Fe, a half million will buy you a shack with little land far from the center of town.

I bought an Italian residence years ago and though it made things very tight financially, I am so glad I did because even though there is the euro crisis right now, I know that it would be much harder to do in the future.

So I say go for your dreams and funnel your resources into that house. Shopping by comparison is so transitory and fleeting!

Last edited:
Jade4me, thanks so much for joining us! Your bangles are gorgeous! I adore the colors! In my experience with Jadeisus, I discovered that his bangles are not all completely untreated. I almost bought bangles from him until at the last moment I read closely the cert that was posted and under the specific gravity, the weight was less then natural jade, which indicates silica removed through the acid and polymer B grade process. Also, under the UV section, it listed them as a light, chalky blue color. Natural jade would not show this under UV.

Finally, the certs did not have a lab item number where you can look up the actual bangle online. I cannot speak for all of his bangles, or the ones you have, but only from my experience. I only know that he does sell B grade bangles listed as A's. There were a few that really seemed like A grade too.

In any case, your bangles are lovely and should be loved. I just wanted to impart my experience since I found him to be not a completely honest seller.

Breadngem, Custard and Creme are wonderful! and they are a true pair which is something that I've always dreamed of having....the colors are so happy and soothing, and quite unusual too, for I have rarely seen bangles like them. Congratulations!

Thank you Uli, Vixy, AJmeow, Lynne, Silver Mom, Jadelover, GS, ms Oinky, Tiffins, Claire for your feedback!

I wanted a small oval bangle and based the measurement on Algae (my tiniest) but because I don't have calipers, my measurements were probably off. Not Allan's fault. The oval turned out too "round" and not flat enough hence it doesn't sit as snug. Width is ok, I asked for 12-13mm. Allan's final oval is a wee bit larger on all sides too. If I order another bangle, I will probably get a princess in 49-50mm to be safe.

Tiffins - At the moment I don't have plans to add to my jade bangle collection, but by joining this forum you never know who/what may inspire me! I like the look of rounds, but the D-shape ones are more comfortable for me to wear. As for colors they are all beautiful to me. However, at the moment I'm admiring grey jadeite and those with a lot of color contrast such as white with dramatic dark green splashes.

clairejune - Thank you for your insights. If you or anyone else out there think they might be grade A, it would at least give me some peace of mind for the days I wear them more than one night simply because I was too lazy to take them off before going to sleep. All my bangles from Jadeisus were purchased 10+ years ago. They still look and feel the same, but then again I don't wear them much.

Later I'll post photos of the 3rd and last of my bangles from Jadeisus. For now here's another photo of the 2 D-shape ones on my arm. The lavender one has a smaller diameter. I put them both on for modeling purposes only as I usually don't wear more than one at a time.

Jade4me, just looking at your picture, If I had to guess I would say that the lavender could be an A grade and the green is a B grade. There is no way I can be sure and I am no expert though.

B grade came about in the late 80-early 90's. I don't know for sure about yours but you could have them sent for a test if you really want to be sure. Or you can just love them since they are a beloved part of your collection.

All I can say is that I would not buy from him now. When I think that he negotiated down to a price of several thousand for 2 B grade bangles...It makes me very angry. Especially when one can buy B grade for so much less.

A few months ago he had an orphanage posted on his site where half of the sales would go to the children. This is a big red flag. I've noticed this kind of sales tactic with other disreputable sellers. Truth is no legitimate seller would need to manipulate people's heart strings this way.

I hope I'm not being a big disappointment to you. Many of us (myself too) learned about jade after buying B grade bangles....or somehow almost got tricked into getting them later. It's such a sneaky practice and the B's are getting better and better.

In my own experience, I paid hundreds for a B grade bangle after the sales people swore it was all natural. I was so disappointed and angry that it fueled my self education about jade determined not to get tricked again. One thing, was that I did not know the true prices of natural jade. Had I known at the time, I would have known it was impossible to find an even, translucent lavender bangle for a few hundred dollars. More like in the many thousands.

Now there are all kinds of other treatments one has to look out for, like color polishing, and A/B grade. Finding natural jade is not easy and that is a big reason why many of us are here, and to share our love of jade of course!

First post here. Am quite overwhelmed with all the wealth of information you all have shared, as well as the photographs of your gorgeous jade pieces - I lOVE them all!!! The few jade pieces that I own are of terrible quality, most likely B or C, or probably not even jade, but these are all very cheap pieces. The only one that probably is of A quality is a jadeite button bought at a really fancy jade store in China years ago, when I quickly realized that it was probably the only thing I could afford. :sad: It's languishing in a drawer because I have no idea what to do with it - was thinking of setting it into a pendant or a bracelet, but I am stumped for ideas.

I realize this is a jade bangle forum, and I'm truly sorry to create a little digression. Would appreciate it if anyone can kindly post a picture of their jade buttons, be it in a pendant, bracelet, etc.

Finally, (and I'm sorry if this has been addressed in these two threads), does anyone have any good recommendations on where to find good quality jadeite bangles in Hong Kong? I am going there in June, and the only thing I know is where not to go, and that's the Jade Market. :sad:

Thank you!

Thanks, ladies, for your compliments on Custard & Cream 😊.

Vixy - I don't wear them together, only 1 at a time bcos the both fit only on my left wrist & while I like the layered look on others, I can't stand the sound the bangles make when they clank against each other. Drives me crazy, lol 😀

Druzy - your YS is perfect on u!! I don't think it looks chunky at all. In fact I feel if it is daintier it may not be able to showcase the snowy bits as well.

Congratulations my dear, it looks gorgeous!

Thanks, ladies, for your compliments on Custard & Cream 😊.

Vixy - I don't wear them together, only 1 at a time bcos the both fit only on my left wrist & while I like the layered look on others, I can't stand the sound the bangles make when they clank against each other. Drives me crazy, lol 😀

BreadnGem, what inspires you to get both together? They're really lovely. It reminds me of a creamy beige mint sweet I used to love in my childhood.

Hmm I always compare jade to candies..

BreadnGem, what inspires you to get both together? They're really lovely. It reminds me of a creamy beige mint sweet I used to love in my childhood.

Hmm I always compare jade to candies..

Druzy - what happened was that I saw Custard at the shop when I bought Carousel. I went home, couldn't get it out of my mind so went back for it. When I was at the shop, the seller had Cream displayed as well. He said he just took it out of his stock to display. I had always wanted a pair & I also couldn't decide between the 2. Then his wife persuaded him to give me a further discount & the rest is history, lol 😄

Status
Not open for further replies.