the PANDORA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In order for you to fit a safety chain on the full bracelet, you are going to need to remove 2 beads, I think. I would remove the pink bead, leave the charm on (because it adds character and balances the lock and key on the other side.) I would also remove the primrose path bead. It is a bead that looks great as a stand-alone bead on the bangle or a necklace until you have another place to put it.

I have had my Pandoras for over 10 years now, and I am NOT a fan of safety chains. The one that I have tightens on its own and make it virtually impossible to remove the bracelet easily at the end of the day. I haven't had any trouble with my clasps coming undone and to secure my beads, I use a third clip! I don't like things covering the end threads because they squeeze the barrel clasp and make it hard to open. A dear friend of mine actually broke her bracelet because of the safety chain on the threads!
If you are not a fan of safety chains, do you still keep it on?

I'm still debating whether I should get a safety chain for mine. It's about 3/4 full. Each time I go to the shop to get one, I somehow managed to talk myself out of it. Those of you who have one, do you have problems with it tangling?

Happy new year to all you lovely ladies! Wishing you happiness and good health!

My new year resolution is to not buy any materialistic things so that I can buy my condo sooner! So unfortunately that means I can't buy Pandora for myself! But my bday is around the corner! :smile: Oh gosh, another yr older....

Welcome 2014!

I'm still debating whether I should get a safety chain for mine. It's about 3/4 full. Each time I go to the shop to get one, I somehow managed to talk myself out of it. Those of you who have one, do you have problems with it tangling?

I bought the silver hearts safety chain and I love it! Definitely makes my bracelet look nicer. I was also undecided like you but it's worth it! I like the screw on ones so it doesn't take up room on my bracelet.

No, no problems. I would fully recommend one. Mine annoyed me a little when my bracelet wasn't completely full, as it would unscrew from the ends, but I've loved it since.

I updated my two tons this week! I took off my cupcake and added the love and hugs. The cupcake didn't sit nicely next to the other charms. I also took off my gold clips :nogood: I was scared of losing them and as a result wasn't wearing my bracelet. I'm much happier with it now! :smile: here's a photo, and also one of some of my favourite rings! ImageUploadedByPurseForum1388577701.881098.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1388577718.012148.jpg

I just want to say Thank You to givemegold, babylovepandora, daisyw, psychspirit, auberielle, Tibitha14 for your time and kind advices. I really really appreciate them all. Sounds like I need to give the idea of adding a sefety chain another thought... I won't rush but will take a few days to think and perhaps re-arrange the charms to see if anything new strikes me or not. So far I haven't see anyone who has said I should take off the newly added flower bouquet charm off :smile:. It was actaully the one I wanted to take back to the shop. But again thank you all so so much. You are all very very kind :hugs::hugs::hugs:!!
Wishing you all a very very happy new year!xxxxxxxxxxxxx...:party::party:

Anytime! You could take it into the shop and try a safety chain. Ohhh no I wouldn't take off the bouquet, it's too pretty.

I updated my two tons this week! I took off my cupcake and added the love and hugs. The cupcake didn't sit nicely next to the other charms. I also took off my gold clips :nogood: I was scared of losing them and as a result wasn't wearing my bracelet. I'm much happier with it now! :smile: here's a photo, and also one of some of my favourite rings! View attachment 2447151View attachment 2447152
Absolutely love your collection. I love your gold and pearl ring.

I updated my two tons this week! I took off my cupcake and added the love and hugs. The cupcake didn't sit nicely next to the other charms. I also took off my gold clips :nogood: I was scared of losing them and as a result wasn't wearing my bracelet. I'm much happier with it now! :smile: here's a photo, and also one of some of my favourite rings! View attachment 2447151View attachment 2447152

Loving the rings! Really jealous!

wow,new thread for 2014!i am very happy to be the first to reply��

Do you mind to share your experience of safety chain wiht me? Some said safety chain is not necessary and could brake the bracelet whereas others say completely different and strongly recommend safety chains. My bracelet is as full as yours, and if I add a safety chain on, they should be at the same position like yours. Do you have any issue with clasps with the safety chain on or not? Of course I will go to Pandora to find out myself. But just thought it would be equally useful to consult some existing users to get some real life opinion. Cheers.

Do what you think is best. If you go with the safety chain that clips on the bracelet before the end threads, you won't have a problem with it at all. To do this you would need to take off two big charms from either side.
Cheers. Then can I aslo position the safety chain on the end threads as well?:smile:

Anytime! You could take it into the shop and try a safety chain. Ohhh no I wouldn't take off the bouquet, it's too pretty.
Yes I think I need to go to the shop and try it on. Haha, then I'd better keep the little flower bouquet charm then.:smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.