Secondhand bargains, let's see your cheap treasures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
eBay SCORE

I purchased, what I thought was the bottom part of this Fiesta Green Sugar Bowl for $5.95 (The listing said nothing about a top). I figured I would watch eBay for the top and buy it when it came up. Imagine my surprise when the $5.95 bottom came with a top...changing the value to somewhere in the $200 range. Pretty cool!

That is beyond cool!

Found these brand new in box at our local bargain hunt store for $9.99 each.
Bought 2 for my GD's for Xmas . Retail for $254 each! My dh complained the whole time I was buying them and loading them.... He now has a smile after he realized I paid less than the tax would have been retail!

They just redecorated their room in hot pink and zebra print. So these headboards were a great find for a 6yr old and 9 yr old girls! They even came sealed in the box marked target.com. So they were easy to google retail price.
$510 savings = priceless for 2 smiles on Xmas

View attachment 2425425View attachment 2425426

That is a great find! Lucky little girls!

Ladies, my heat is back on and it only cost $135. Thank you for all of your support. I am good and toasty now. Now I have to find someone to come and checkout the fireplace.

Yay! Because baby, it's cold outside.

Long time lurker (like a year++) and I am always amazed and excited by everyone's finds. Since discovering this fun thread, you've all inspired me to join the hunt. So after months and months of lurking, I shall share today's finds.

My main errand was to go to Crossroads and be rid of some clothes. What an awesome experience compared to BE!!! I'm lucky if I walk out with $5 in credit. So imagine my delight when I walked out with $90 in cash annnnd I scored my first pair of JBrand jeans. 😁 Granted not nearly as cheap as you all have found but for a short girl like me, perfect jeans are hard to come by.

Since I had credit, it's like free right? View attachment 2424248

Excellent! I feel you on the jeans! Jean are one of the few items I'll pay a little more for on eBay or even (gasp!) retail. Never full price, mind you. ;) Good jeans are so hard to find.

All that was left to my errands was to stop at West Elm, which happens to be right next door to Housing Works. I don't go as much since discovering the joys of Goodwill and SA but I figured since I was there, why not? Well, lo and behold I scored these goodies.

View attachment 2424263View attachment 2424264View attachment 2424265View attachment 2424266

Crazytown!! They were doing random "markdowns" today only. Whatever that means. They had lots of premium and contemporary designers so it must've been left over from their recent event. Now when does all this make it to the bag sale is my question. And has anyone ever gone because now I'm intrigued?

Love the second one! So cute. :smile:

eBay SCORE

I purchased, what I thought was the bottom part of this Fiesta Green Sugar Bowl for $5.95 (The listing said nothing about a top). I figured I would watch eBay for the top and buy it when it came up. Imagine my surprise when the $5.95 bottom came with a top...changing the value to somewhere in the $200 range. Pretty cool!

Awesome! My mom collects vintage Fiesta and has done so for years. Way before it got "cool" and they started remaking it.

Ladies, my heat is back on and it only cost $135. Thank you for all of your support. I am good and toasty now. Now I have to find someone to come and checkout the fireplace.

Praise the Lord! I'm so glad you aren't out too much cash, and that you're warm again!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1386696050.499900.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1386696113.348469.jpg

I got a vintage Chloé jacket! 27.50 at Crossroads but I had my trade credit so it's like it was free, right? The collar and trim are oh-so-pettable velvet!

Not too sure of the age but I love it!

Last edited:
(Forgive me for my multiple posts. I'm such a newbie.)

With pep in my step from Crossroads, I dropped the non-accepted goods at goodwill and found this!!

View attachment 2424254
With my 'rewards' I only ended up paying 5+ change for tax. I hunted to no avail for the Phillip Lim bag I stupidly didn't buy in store but no luck.
Your finds are awesome. Love the Equipment blouse and the J Brands.
How cool is this? Not a luxury brand, just plain old Aerosoles comfort. Plus the out-and-out delight of finding TWO pairs in MY size, barely worn! My inner hippie was romping through a field of flowers. They're soft as gloves, just the right heel height and only $1.50/pair at Goodwill Bargain Barn!

Best of all? The ankle straps have velcro closures!
Those look super cute!
eBay SCORE

Wow, congrats on that great find. Weren't you the one who found that Tiffany cat on ebay for super cheap?? Seems like you have great ebay luck :smile:
Found these brand new in box at our local bargain hunt store for $9.99 each.
Bought 2 for my GD's for Xmas . Retail for $254 each! My dh complained the whole time I was buying them and loading them.... He now has a smile after he realized I paid less than the tax would have been retail!

They just redecorated their room in hot pink and zebra print. So these headboards were a great find for a 6yr old and 9 yr old girls! They even came sealed in the box marked target.com. So they were easy to google retail price.
$510 savings = priceless for 2 smiles on Xmas

View attachment 2425425View attachment 2425426
Perfect Christmas gifts!
Found some great thrift shop deals!

Petro Zillia silk dress $7.50. Corey Lynn Calter silk dress $7.50
View attachment 2425482 View attachment 2425483

Isabel De Pedro jacket $22.50. Noviello Bloom suit. It's hard to find short sleeve suits. $6.25
View attachment 2425484 View attachment 2425485

Nanette Lepore strapless silk dress 12.50. Loro Piana silk blouse $11.25
View attachment 2425486 View attachment 2425487

Alice & Olivia silk knit top $2
View attachment 2425488 View attachment 2425489

D & G Dolce & Gabbana skirt. I might have to stitch up the back slit! $15
View attachment 2425490

Citizens of Humanity jean skirt $7.50
View attachment 2425491
I die! You always have amazing finds. Love those silk dresses & the jean skirts :smile:
You spy correctly!! Even 30 is too much for this girl. Half off is a much better price. 😄

After Crossroads, GW and HW, i figured I'd press my luck and hit another GW. Some fun finds include this KS Amanda Bracelet Clutch that was green tagged so it was half off coming to a grand $2.00. Funny enough I own the same exact one I purchased at a KS sample sale many moons ago (back before they had an outlet store or a sample sale site). I remember buying it for $125 and thought that was a bargain then! But I've used her for many weddings and parties because she's perfect.
View attachment 2425529

I also found these two while making multiple rounds in the same GW. A navy blue Smythson iPhone case for $3 (silly people- this retails for over 150) and this vintage-ish coach wallet for $6.
View attachment 2425530View attachment 2425531

I know a lot of you are Coach aficionados. I'm pretty sure this is real but never heard/seen a clasp to say 'fiocchi Italy'. Any insight? I've done google searches and even checked tpf, but nada. If it's fake, I'll live. Like I said, still a newbie thrifter.
View attachment 2425532
Great looking clutch!

How could I forget....also this Longchamp for $1.99! they must have thought it was a regular plastic bag....

finally, a vintage dooney and bourke doctor bag for $25.

mind you these were all in the same thrift store (and only my great steals on bags, clothes is another story!)
That is an amazing Longchamp! Such a score! It looks like it's the planetes line. I scored a similar one myself this year for $4 :smile:
I pretty much went thrift shopping wild over the Holiday. Two big shopping trips on Black Friday. I am officially much faster now! I was in and out of both shops in 3.5 hours which is fast for me ... I was there at the door waiting at Goodwill. It was cold and raining and a nice lady shared her umbrella with me! Gotta love thrifters!

Beaded Jacket Ricco Antonio ... $3

It's posititvely encrusted with beads! I bet it weighs 5 pounds. There's a tiny repair I need to do on it at the back sleeve. The sleeve is split a bit and needs a hand sewing job and I'm just the girl!

trina turk, I was really pleased to find this. Long sleeves. Silk. Love the style. This was a goodwill find ... $3 ...

silk ... so lovely ...

1970's Maxi dress ... $1! Happy! This is a great fit .. maxi dress .... and it is warm!
You guys know I LOVE vintage. I really do. Look at all these animals! That's a lot of animals! I'm off to a [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fondue
Party right? I bet they will make something with sprouts and eggplant ...

mink lined jacket

Cashmere! This was $3 and came with a skirt. The skirt is too small, so I might take off the trim and use it elsewear ... or ... I might make it into a hat ... you know how I am. And in other news, I didn't know Project Runway was about people making stuff out of ...nothing! I missed ... um ... 12 years!? LOL ... I feel a TV Project runway binge coming on .... I watched an episode where they made a design outta the pajamas they were wearing when that Tim Gunn character (he's insane) came running in with his pass key and made them all death march over to Parsons ...

(I didn't know! Feels like when I found out that The Tudors was that hot guy nearly naked running around yelling "I'm the King of England!")

[/FONT]
Looooove the vintage fabric and the Trina Turk dress.
Great beaded dress as well, you have been finding a lot of heavy pretty sparkly things :smile:
More non-fashion Garage Sale items
Stained Glass (no cracks) $5
Very imaginative wind chime made from old flatware $8 (expensive Estate Sale)
Someone picked up some glasses at the sale and broke a bunch of crystal ( Loud crash).
Love the wind charm.
Was $3 ....

Cynthia Rowley Dress ... too big but I can alter it very easily. I wore it with a belt also and it looked pretty cute

I did a juice fast recently and here's my before and after pictures ... LOL do you think ... my buttons are too big?

Lol, lost weight and hair...but you look marvelous!
LMAO at your gingerbread cookies. Pretty dress BTW
Ok, so here's my Fendi. Unfortunately, it needs a lot of work. Also, here's my Marc Jacobs...that needs a little spot cleaning on the exterior. The interior is beautiful and it is quite heavy. I found a Marie St.John navy blue jumper and an 80's North Beach Leather vest. I found a few other things, all for $23.
http://
LOVE the MJ bag! His older bags are such amazing quality, leather soft as buttuh! Nice green vest & Fendi.
View attachment 2426097
View attachment 2426099

I got a vintage Chloé jacket! 27.50 at Crossroads but I had my trade credit so it's like it was free, right? The collar and trim are oh-so-pettable velvet!

Not too sure of the age but I love it!
It looks great on you, very flattering on.

Found some amazing stuff today! I love it when I find something I stalk on eBay! Found these from far away!
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1386732912.954655.jpg
I was just appreciating the amazing leather until I flipped it over and loooooook!!!!
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1386732980.079470.jpg
I can't believe I found a pair of new chloe boots! They have a distressed leather, it's a bit lighter than this but I just conditioned it so its a light brown. It's more of a taupe. Cost $7.99!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1386733247.801526.jpg
Also found armani collezioni suit, half off so $7.50.
Also got splendid and lululemon!

Found some amazing stuff today! I love it when I find something I stalk on eBay! Found these from far away!
View attachment 2426874
I was just appreciating the amazing leather until I flipped it over and loooooook!!!!
View attachment 2426875
I can't believe I found a pair of new chloe boots! They have a distressed leather, it's a bit lighter than this but I just conditioned it so its a light brown. It's more of a taupe. Cost $7.99!

View attachment 2426883

Lucky ducky!!!

Those look super cute!

Thanks...I love having 2 pairs!

View attachment 2426874
View attachment 2426875

View attachment 2426883

LOVE the boots! Armani is cool too :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.