Secondhand bargains, let's see your cheap treasures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
eBay SCORE

I purchased, what I thought was the bottom part of this Fiesta Green Sugar Bowl for $5.95 (The listing said nothing about a top). I figured I would watch eBay for the top and buy it when it came up. Imagine my surprise when the $5.95 bottom came with a top...changing the value to somewhere in the $200 range. Pretty cool!
That's a beauty and a great buy, I too collect Fiestaware...

I have a question for you ladies. Does anyone here sell on Ebay? I sold a vintage Nativity carousel last week. I personally took itto the Post Office and dropped it off amd it was delivered Wednesday. I wake up Sat AM and there is a case opened that the buyer did not receive the package. I called the USPS, what a waste, but did file a complaint. Today I had the bright idea to call the Post Office in Litchfield,NH to see if they could shed light on what happened as they delivered it. The Postmaster is going to get back to me as the delivery driver was on the road. I then ran around to my Post Office because I sold more packages after my regular pickup. I asked my Postmaster and both he and the fellow who work there said it was delivered and the buyer was trying to scam me, and that it happens all the time. Honestly, I try not to think the worst of people but who knows. I came home and called Ebay and they told me not to worry about it. I had shipped the item, notified the buyer and the package stated it was delivered. The buyer wants a refund and I don't want to be $80 and or have my 100% feedback damaged. Ebay said they would take care of it whatever that means. Does anyone here have any insight?

That's a beauty and a great buy, I too collect Fiestaware...

I have a question for you ladies. Does anyone here sell on Ebay? I sold a vintage Nativity carousel last week. I personally took itto the Post Office and dropped it off amd it was delivered Wednesday. I wake up Sat AM and there is a case opened that the buyer did not receive the package. I called the USPS, what a waste, but did file a complaint. Today I had the bright idea to call the Post Office in Litchfield,NH to see if they could shed light on what happened as they delivered it. The Postmaster is going to get back to me as the delivery driver was on the road. I then ran around to my Post Office because I sold more packages after my regular pickup. I asked my Postmaster and both he and the fellow who work there said it was delivered and the buyer was trying to scam me, and that it happens all the time. Honestly, I try not to think the worst of people but who knows. I came home and called Ebay and they told me not to worry about it. I had shipped the item, notified the buyer and the package stated it was delivered. The buyer wants a refund and I don't want to be $80 and or have my 100% feedback damaged. Ebay said they would take care of it whatever that means. Does anyone here have any insight?
I have so much insight, i'd say send me your number and we can talk. But here goes: If you sent it Priority Mail you should be fine, because it was tracked. Not sure why someone would open a case because (they claim) it wasn't delivered, without contacting you first. If you sent it Priority you can go on the USPS website, plug the confirmation number in and it will follow the package. You cannot stop a jerk from giving you Negative Feedback. I have been on eBay for over 10 years and always had 100% feedback, until 6 months ago when some nutcase, who gives everyone negative FB whenever she doesn't like something for any reason, gave me negative for a $10 item that she talked me down on. I now check people's FB before accepting their offers. I will be paying for that negative FB for about 4 more months. I called eBay repeatedly about the negative FB and even when the guy saw all the other negative the person had given others,nothing happened. It's all about the buyer... If you have any specific questions feel free to send me a Private Message and I will tell you all I know. Good luck.

I don't know about Ebay but I returned a Fake Chanel once and tracked it through Post office thank goodness cause the gal gave me right city and wrong zip! They help me track that sucker and got it to the right city and zip! Kudos to them and saved my butt cause it was a expensive Fake Chanel!

Found these brand new in box at our local bargain hunt store for $9.99 each.
Bought 2 for my GD's for Xmas . Retail for $254 each! My dh complained the whole time I was buying them and loading them.... He now has a smile after he realized I paid less than the tax would have been retail!

They just redecorated their room in hot pink and zebra print. So these headboards were a great find for a 6yr old and 9 yr old girls! They even came sealed in the box marked target.com. So they were easy to google retail price.
$510 savings = priceless for 2 smiles on Xmas

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1386642569.251727.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1386642588.493683.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know about Ebay but I returned a Fake Chanel once and tracked it through Post office thank goodness cause the gal gave me right city and wrong zip! They help me track that sucker and got it to the right city and zip! Kudos to them and saved my butt cause it was a expensive Fake Chanel!
I got a fake Prada once and sent it right back.

Ok, so here's my Fendi. Unfortunately, it needs a lot of work. Also, here's my Marc Jacobs...that needs a little spot cleaning on the exterior. The interior is beautiful and it is quite heavy. I found a Marie St.John navy blue jumper and an 80's North Beach Leather vest. I found a few other things, all for $23.
http://

Great deals as always. Love the Fendi bag. Something is comforting about a well loved bag. You don't have to worry about keeping it from getting scratched up. Good luck on the heater! Light that fire, girl!

Cute stuff. Especially love the bright, happy color of that cashmere cardigan./

Long time lurker (like a year++) and I am always amazed and excited by everyone's finds. Since discovering this fun thread, you've all inspired me to join the hunt. So after months and months of lurking, I shall share today's finds.

My main errand was to go to Crossroads and be rid of some clothes. What an awesome experience compared to BE!!! I'm lucky if I walk out with $5 in credit. So imagine my delight when I walked out with $90 in cash annnnd I scored my first pair of JBrand jeans. 😁 Granted not nearly as cheap as you all have found but for a short girl like me, perfect jeans are hard to come by.

Since I had credit, it's like free right? View attachment 2424248

Good for you. Can't go wrong with rockin jeans that fit at that price.

All that was left to my errands was to stop at West Elm, which happens to be right next door to Housing Works. I don't go as much since discovering the joys of Goodwill and SA but I figured since I was there, why not? Well, lo and behold I scored these goodies.

View attachment 2424263View attachment 2424264View attachment 2424265View attachment 2424266

Crazytown!! They were doing random "markdowns" today only. Whatever that means. They had lots of premium and contemporary designers so it must've been left over from their recent event. Now when does all this make it to the bag sale is my question. And has anyone ever gone because now I'm intrigued?

Great deals. A bag sale sounds awesome! But sometimes you can't hold out ;)

How cool is this? Not a luxury brand, just plain old Aerosoles comfort. Plus the out-and-out delight of finding TWO pairs in MY size, barely worn! My inner hippie was romping through a field of flowers. They're soft as gloves, just the right heel height and only $1.50/pair at Goodwill Bargain Barn!

Best of all? The ankle straps have velcro closures!

Cute & retro. They do look very comfy. I'm kinda diggin the thought of velcro straps.

Found some great thrift shop deals!

Petro Zillia silk dress $7.50. Corey Lynn Calter silk dress $7.50
December75%sales 788.JPG December75%sales 787.JPG

Isabel De Pedro jacket $22.50. Noviello Bloom suit. It's hard to find short sleeve suits. $6.25
December75%sales 789.JPG December75%sales 800.JPG

Nanette Lepore strapless silk dress 12.50. Loro Piana silk blouse $11.25
December75%sales 786.JPG December75%sales 792.JPG

Alice & Olivia silk knit top $2
December75%sales 812.JPG December75%sales 813.JPG

D & G Dolce & Gabbana skirt. I might have to stitch up the back slit! $15
December75%sales 797.JPG

Citizens of Humanity jean skirt $7.50
December75%sales 799.JPG

I totally agree ...and EYE SPY a 1/2 off stamp on those jeans, making them an incredible deal! :biggrin:

You spy correctly!! Even 30 is too much for this girl. Half off is a much better price. 😄

After Crossroads, GW and HW, i figured I'd press my luck and hit another GW. Some fun finds include this KS Amanda Bracelet Clutch that was green tagged so it was half off coming to a grand $2.00. Funny enough I own the same exact one I purchased at a KS sample sale many moons ago (back before they had an outlet store or a sample sale site). I remember buying it for $125 and thought that was a bargain then! But I've used her for many weddings and parties because she's perfect.
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1386648299.663528.jpg

I also found these two while making multiple rounds in the same GW. A navy blue Smythson iPhone case for $3 (silly people- this retails for over 150) and this vintage-ish coach wallet for $6.
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1386648437.947350.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1386648449.496591.jpg

I know a lot of you are Coach aficionados. I'm pretty sure this is real but never heard/seen a clasp to say 'fiocchi Italy'. Any insight? I've done google searches and even checked tpf, but nada. If it's fake, I'll live. Like I said, still a newbie thrifter.
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1386648634.779844.jpg

More thrifted goodies.

Emanuel Ungaro Parallele velvet skirt (has billowy pockets) $3.75. Lela Rose silk skirt $6
December75%sales 796.JPG December75%sales 794.JPG

And some consignment shop goodies.

Marlowe waffle weave cashmere & silk twinset (halter/cardigan) $19.50
Decemeber75%offmore 799.JPG Decemeber75%offmore 801.JPG

Cynthia Steffe skirt $10. Blumarine silk knit skirt $25
December75%sales 803.JPG December75%sales 802.JPG

Charles David black leather boots $17. Kate Spade jacket NWT $395 tags on it. $26.60
December75%sales 838.JPG December75%sales 801.JPG

Dior leather heels. $10
December75%sales 823.JPG December75%sales 824.JPG

The app keeps crashing while I try to quote and respond. Annoying.

Anyway LisaK: I too have been selling on eBay for years and lately have encountered problem children as I call them. While you're right, you can't really do anything who leaves negative feedback, I recently discovered you can report them. A month ago so nasty witch left negative feedback for something unreasonable and only cost her a few bucks. Naturally I was annoyed. I did some investigating and found she always leaves neutral/negative feedback as a buyer so I reported her behind basically filing it as "abuse of feedback". Sure maybe doesn't really do much (esp since you're unable to leave negative feedback as a seller) but it made me feel a whole lot better. 😁

Hey as I get older I can't wear high heels without comfort! Those are cute!

Thanks...they're really like (semi) high-heeled sneakers...crazy comfortable!

Hooray! I used to find shoes for $1.50! It's the best price ever ESP when you score on two pairs you know you'll wear!

Thanks...I LOVE the velcro...my eyes and fingers are getting too old to futz around with tiny anke strap buckles :smile:

Cute & retro. They do look very comfy. I'm kinda diggin the thought of velcro straps.

Thanks...Velcro rules!

Great stuff!

I know a lot of you are Coach aficionados. I'm pretty sure this is real but never heard/seen a clasp to say 'fiocchi Italy'. Any insight? I've done google searches and even checked tpf, but nada. If it's fake, I'll live. Like I said, still a newbie thrifter.
View attachment 2425532

Coach did make bags in Italy...don't know if they still do...you could post on the Authenticate This Coach thread if you want to know for sure if it's real.

More thrifted goodies.

Fabulous finds!

Found some great thrift shop deals!

Petro Zillia silk dress $7.50. Corey Lynn Calter silk dress $7.50
View attachment 2425482 View attachment 2425483

Isabel De Pedro jacket $22.50. Noviello Bloom suit. It's hard to find short sleeve suits. $6.25
View attachment 2425484 View attachment 2425485

Nanette Lepore strapless silk dress 12.50. Loro Piana silk blouse $11.25
View attachment 2425486 View attachment 2425487

Alice & Olivia silk knit top $2
View attachment 2425488 View attachment 2425489

D & G Dolce & Gabbana skirt. I might have to stitch up the back slit! $15
View attachment 2425490

Citizens of Humanity jean skirt $7.50
View attachment 2425491

You find the prettiest things. Those dresses are adorable.

More thrifted goodies.

Emanuel Ungaro Parallele velvet skirt (has billowy pockets) $3.75. Lela Rose silk skirt $6
View attachment 2425504 View attachment 2425505

And some consignment shop goodies.

Marlowe waffle weave cashmere & silk twinset (halter/cardigan) $19.50
View attachment 2425506 View attachment 2425507

Cynthia Steffe skirt $10. Blumarine silk knit skirt $25
View attachment 2425515 View attachment 2425516

Charles David black leather boots $17. Kate Spade jacket NWT $395 tags on it. $26.60
View attachment 2425517 View attachment 2425518

Dior leather heels. $10
View attachment 2425519 View attachment 2425522
The Kate Spade...Dior! Absolutely gorgeous!

Found these brand new in box at our local bargain hunt store for $9.99 each.
Bought 2 for my GD's for Xmas . Retail for $254 each! My dh complained the whole time I was buying them and loading them.... He now has a smile after he realized I paid less than the tax would have been retail!

They just redecorated their room in hot pink and zebra print. So these headboards were a great find for a 6yr old and 9 yr old girls! They even came sealed in the box marked target.com. So they were easy to google retail price.
$510 savings = priceless for 2 smiles on Xmas

View attachment 2425425View attachment 2425426
Those will look so precious in their room, what a gift!

Status
Not open for further replies.