Secondhand bargains, let's see your cheap treasures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the maxi dress.

I pretty much went thrift shopping wild over the Holiday. Two big shopping trips on Black Friday. I am officially much faster now! I was in and out of both shops in 3.5 hours which is fast for me ... I was there at the door waiting at Goodwill. It was cold and raining and a nice lady shared her umbrella with me! Gotta love thrifters!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

Beaded Jacket Ricco Antonio ... $3

It's posititvely encrusted with beads! I bet it weighs 5 pounds. There's a tiny repair I need to do on it at the back sleeve. The sleeve is split a bit and needs a hand sewing job and I'm just the girl!

trina turk, I was really pleased to find this. Long sleeves. Silk. Love the style. This was a goodwill find ... $3 ...

silk ... so lovely ...

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

1970's Maxi dress ... $1! Happy! This is a great fit .. maxi dress .... and it is warm!

You guys know I LOVE vintage. I really do. Look at all these animals! That's a lot of animals! I'm off to a [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fondue
Party right? I bet they will make something with sprouts and eggplant ...

mink lined jacket

Cashmere! This was $3 and came with a skirt. The skirt is too small, so I might take off the trim and use it elsewear ... or ... I might make it into a hat ... you know how I am. And in other news, I didn't know Project Runway was about people making stuff out of ...nothing! I missed ... um ... 12 years!? LOL ... I feel a TV Project runway binge coming on .... I watched an episode where they made a design outta the pajamas they were wearing when that Tim Gunn character (he's insane) came running in with his pass key and made them all death march over to Parsons ...

(I didn't know! Feels like when I found out that The Tudors was that hot guy nearly naked running around yelling "I'm the King of England!")

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

Was $3 ....

Cynthia Rowley Dress ... too big but I can alter it very easily. I wore it with a belt also and it looked pretty cute

I did a juice fast recently and here's my before and after pictures ... LOL do you think ... my buttons are too big?

Vintage Susan Thomas cashmere sweater...

gorgeous color!

Was $2

Love the maxi dress.

Thanks Buddy!

That dress is awesome ... it's extremely flattering and someone made it by hand. Makes me so happy that I am the only person on the Earth with this dress! Love handmade vintage! Also warm! And light! Light weight polyester ...

It has this .. breast positioning too that is extremely flattering and maybe unique to the 70's ... It's sort of a built in bra thing ...

Was $3 ....

Cynthia Rowley Dress ... too big but I can alter it very easily. I wore it with a belt also and it looked pretty cute

I did a juice fast recently and here's my before and after pictures ... LOL do you think ... my buttons are too big?

Lol, lost weight and hair...but you look marvelous!

Madewell jeans ... I went thru 6 very long racks of denim and this was the only thing I found... but still happy cause it is very beautifully soft and sturdy and I like the wash ...

ABS blazer BNWT ...

Was $3 .... Did you know that Goodwill sells things with [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]stains[/FONT] and rips because they say that "The customer should decide" ... that's their actual policy ...

This had a stain that came out in 5 minutes with SoILove! :smile:

The colorful one is Ann Taylor and the black one is Betsy Johnson ... $1 each

$3 ruffled silk Rachel Zoe ...

It just needs a steam ... and an occasion!
Holy moley Laz, you've hit a Bead-apalooza the last few weeks!

How could you know about Project Runway when you don't have cable? You should be on the show, you would be amazing!

How are the kitties?

I'll second that.

:biggrin: I'm slightly obsessed...

Thanks for the hot naked guy tip! Awesome!

I love that wind chime ... that is so cool and I like looking at non-clothing thrifted items!

Alright! I love a sexy Dracula! I remember when you did that movie I was hoping you all would meet fall in love and have many babies! BOO! Still nice you were in the movie! I hope you are feeling a bit better Dear LadyAsh! And yes the beaded jacket is divine! I feel confident I can repair it. There were a few there at the thrift that were marked at $59.99 ... the ones with no tears ... but I think this one was prettiest. I should weigh It! I bet it will be comforting to wear!

I do hope you find the warmest coat and hat and gloves soon!

Haha my mom warned me to stay away from him when I did that movie because of his whole rehab thing...

I'm feeling a tiny bit better...I'm trying to study for exams this weekend. Key word there is trying...I'm hoping to score a nice coat and vintage hats next weekend! I probably can't buy mitts or gloves until Christmas unless I find something so great I can't leave them behind since I told my sister I wanted either a vintage or vintage inspired pair and I don't know what she bought me yet for gifts.

Can't wait to see pics!!!

Joodlz I quoted your coach bag and didn't comment lol!!!! I just wanted to say I loved the black and beige coach! It's so unique! Good job!!! I see so many coaches on my thrift store but they don't do well on the bay for me. Also they price them around $30:sad:

Thanks...yeah the prices on Coach bags has been steadily creeping upward! I've been spending way more than ever recently, but I guess if the bag is in really great condition it's worth it. I've put a handful of Coach bags on bonz (among other brands)...only sold 2. I try to set a price just a little lower than ebay. but I'm not going to give them away :smile:

I pretty much went thrift shopping wild over the Holiday. Two big shopping trips on Black Friday. I am officially much faster now! I was in and out of both shops in 3.5 hours which is fast for me ... I was there at the door waiting at Goodwill. It was cold and raining and a nice lady shared her umbrella with me! Gotta love thrifters!

Beaded Jacket Ricco Antonio ... $3

It's posititvely encrusted with beads! I bet it weighs 5 pounds. There's a tiny repair I need to do on it at the back sleeve. The sleeve is split a bit and needs a hand sewing job and I'm just the girl!

trina turk, I was really pleased to find this. Long sleeves. Silk. Love the style. This was a goodwill find ... $3 ...

silk ... so lovely ...

1970's Maxi dress ... $1! Happy! This is a great fit .. maxi dress .... and it is warm!

You guys know I LOVE vintage. I really do. Look at all these animals! That's a lot of animals! I'm off to a [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fondue
Party right? I bet they will make something with sprouts and eggplant ...

mink lined jacket

Cashmere! This was $3 and came with a skirt. The skirt is too small, so I might take off the trim and use it elsewear ... or ... I might make it into a hat ... you know how I am. And in other news, I didn't know Project Runway was about people making stuff out of ...nothing! I missed ... um ... 12 years!? LOL ... I feel a TV Project runway binge coming on .... I watched an episode where they made a design outta the pajamas they were wearing when that Tim Gunn character (he's insane) came running in with his pass key and made them all death march over to Parsons ...

(I didn't know! Feels like when I found out that The Tudors was that hot guy nearly naked running around yelling "I'm the King of England!")

[/FONT]

Please, oh please turn the cashmere/mink skirt into a HAT! You know it will keep your head warm, warm, warm! The jacket is fabulous...needs a companion on your head!

This jacket is pure silk and is unbelievably beautiful ... it takes my breath away ... was $3

Elie Tahari

Unreal!

Dino Valiano Jacket ... made before the wall came down

I bought this for an inflated $6.50 just cause I loved it ... I like the color, the shape and the quiltedness .... Also ... I mean it was freezing that day says the person who buys too many jackets ...

Sinequanone Dress made n France ... this is going to be lovely in Spring

Black eyelet obsession ... I can wear a contrasting slip under this and it will be stunning. At the hem it has 4 layers of lace sewn into netting ... beautifully made ...

Sean Collection beaded dress for $3 ... another beaded piece that weighs aTON

I think it was beaded black Friday ...

Beaded, quilted black Friday...simply stunning.

Lace hem on the French Dress ..

Kensie ruffled silk dress and brand new St. Tropez West dress that has a lovely exposed zipper ... both dresses were $1. The St. Tropez west dress ... the fit and the way it is constructed is just lovely. And so basic ... love! And I cannot get enough ruffles ... I just can't ... esp made in silk!

Sunrise! I have been waking up crazy early and then falling asleep crazy early. Cause Winter sucks

Karta Dress ... very new ... so crisp and I like the back! $3

Is it harder to buy off season in Winter or in Summer? ....... I think ....... Winter .......... The lack of appeal of a thin soft spring dress when it is ice freezing cold trumps buying Wool in July ...

Free people dress $3 ... I had to repair this one ... I had to reattach the straps ... took about 5 minutes ... This one is very pretty and made in India ....

Though I do miss the change of seasons...winter doesn't suck much in FFlorida...spent an hour on the beach yesterday...I'm too old to be cold!

Madewell jeans ... I went thru 6 very long racks of denim and this was the only thing I found... but still happy cause it is very beautifully soft and sturdy and I like the wash ...

ABS blazer BNWT ...

Was $3 .... Did you know that Goodwill sells things with [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]stains[/FONT] and rips because they say that "The customer should decide" ... that's their actual policy ...

This had a stain that came out in 5 minutes with SoILove! :smile:

The colorful one is Ann Taylor and the black one is Betsy Johnson ... $1 each

$3 ruffled silk Rachel Zoe ...

It just needs a steam ... and an occasion!

Love the jeans...and SoiLove! I got a black Friday 2-fer for $13 and change, shipped. YAY!

Was $3 ....

Vintage Susan Thomas cashmere sweater...

gorgeous color!

Was $2
Pretty print! I like Cynthia Rowley!

I was going to post, but I now have a situation. My heat is not turning on. I slept in a 50 degree house last night and will do so again tonight. The guy will be out tomorrow to run through my wallet and just in time for the holidays. Dang it! Well, at least it's a Prada wallet....:smile:

I was going to post, but I now have a situation. My heat is not turning on. I slept in a 50 degree house last night and will do so again tonight. The guy will be out tomorrow to run through my wallet and just in time for the holidays. Dang it! Well, at least it's a Prada wallet....:smile:
That is sad! Maybe it is just a pilot light or something simple! Hopefully a quick and cheap fix!

You made me laugh out loud though! I do hope the problem is an easy fix.

I had a gas-guy out just last week to check out why our fireplace wasn't turning on. He informed me that the "sending unit" needed batteries.

Oooops!

:shame:

He and I had a pretty good laugh about it. And he charged us $80. Yikes! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.