Montreal Hermes

I would like to bump this thread. I'm visiting Montreal (for the first time!) in 3 weeks and am curious as to the selection at this H. Are the prices really astronomical? I'm definitely planning to buy a memento from H Montreal to commemorate my trip with the BF but if the prices are nuts then I may just reconsider.....any help would be MUCH appreciated!! Thanks! :smile:

Hi Genie,
I cannot comment on the selection in Montreal since I live in Calgary but the mark up appears to be about 5% between US and CDN prices. If you are looking for a memento (like a bracelet), then you should expect to pay $20-50 more than you would have paid in the US. As previously mentioned HST is 13% so depending on where you are coming from that could be slighter to significantly higher than sales tax you are used to. Enjoy Montreal!

Hi Genie,
I cannot comment on the selection in Montreal since I live in Calgary but the mark up appears to be about 5% between US and CDN prices. If you are looking for a memento (like a bracelet), then you should expect to pay $20-50 more than you would have paid in the US. As previously mentioned HST is 13% so depending on where you are coming from that could be slighter to significantly higher than sales tax you are used to. Enjoy Montreal!

There is no HST in Quebec - Quebec Provincial Sales Tax and GST; and the combined rate is 14.975 per cent. From the Quebec tax web site:

The most common consumption taxes encountered by Québec résidents are:
the goods and services tax (GST), which is calculated at a rate of 5% on the selling price
the Québec sales tax (QST), which is calculated at a rate of 9.975% on the selling price excluding the GST

hi Genie! An early welcome to Canada!

We were in Montreal Hermes at the beginning of the month. There was lots of merchandise in the Hermes boutique in Holt Renfrew on Sherbrooke St & my SA told me that the new season stock would be arriving in Canada the following week. You should have a decent selection. We do have a hidden luxury tax of 17% then the HST of 13%. Unfortunately either of these are refundable.

There are a few very nice consignment shops usually with a decent selection of Hermes scarves & sometimes other merchandise if you are looking for deals.

The museum just down the street from H is well worth a visit.
Thank you so much! This was so helpful. I was actually going to try my luck for a Kelly 35 or 40 since I've had NO luck at my boutique and my K40 that I ordered won't arrive until next year some time.......with that much sales tax though I may hold off unless it's just something I cannot live without. I was definitely planning on a scarf for sure that I would frame.

Hi Genie,
Thanks so much for your help. I think I can live with $20-$50 extra if I should decide upon a bracelet....I hadn't even thought of this but if I were to find an exotic bracelet would I have any problems bringing that back to the states?

There is no HST in Quebec - Quebec Provincial Sales Tax and GST; and the combined rate is 14.975 per cent. From the Quebec tax web site:

The most common consumption taxes encountered by Québec résidents are:
the goods and services tax (GST), which is calculated at a rate of 5% on the selling price
the Québec sales tax (QST), which is calculated at a rate of 9.975% on the selling price excluding the GST
:smile: Thanks so much. Good to know there's no hidden luxury tax!

Thanks so much for your help. I think I can live with $20-$50 extra if I should decide upon a bracelet....I hadn't even thought of this but if I were to find an exotic bracelet would I have any problems bringing that back to the states?

I do not think so but it wouldn't hurt to ask for a CITES certificate. I cannot speak for Montreal but my impression is that Canada locations with the exception of Toronto is geared toward local customers. There just isn't a lot of "highly coveted" items and the ones that do come in are reserved for local customers. It doesn't hurt to try though. You just never know!

I do not think so but it wouldn't hurt to ask for a CITES certificate. I cannot speak for Montreal but my impression is that Canada locations with the exception of Toronto is geared toward local customers. There just isn't a lot of "highly coveted" items and the ones that do come in are reserved for local customers. It doesn't hurt to try though. You just never know!
I was actually wondering about this! My boutique is the same way-very geared toward local customers for the coveted items. I'm excited to go just the same :smile: Thank you!

Just logged in & got quote notifications, been on my phone for the last few days. Good luck, it's entirely possible you might find what you want. Remember to check the exchange rate, the CND$ is not doing well right now.
Thank you so much! This was so helpful. I was actually going to try my luck for a Kelly 35 or 40 since I've had NO luck at my boutique and my K40 that I ordered won't arrive until next year some time.......with that much sales tax though I may hold off unless it's just something I cannot live without. I was definitely planning on a scarf for sure that I would frame.

Hi

does anyone know why the turnover rate amongst the staff at the Montréal Hermes store is so high? It seems like the staff has completely changed in the past year and a half. I’ve had at least 4 SAs in the past
5 years.

Hi

does anyone know why the turnover rate amongst the staff at the Montréal Hermes store is so high? It seems like the staff has completely changed in the past year and a half. I’ve had at least 4 SAs in the past
5 years.

No clue but from my experience the high turnover rate isn't anything new. I've had over 10 SAs since 2009 and currently do not have one. My guess is that people move on either up the ladder or to other higher paying jobs at other companies. One SA went to France, another went to work at Christofle and the list keeps going on...

Hmm. I know which 2 SAs you are referring to, M went to Paris and A went to Christofle. They both were my SAs at different times. I wonder if it’s the same in other stores. Reading some posts here, people seem to have long standing relationships with their SAs.