CeeJay's Take on the 2013 FW Colors!

Spotted the CF with mggh at Neimans Boston - looked like a moist Hershey's bar! They also had the RC - a gorgie red but the leather wasn't as scrumptious - and the beige and the pink. Still waiting (impatiently) for ultraviolet!!

Spotted the CF with mggh at Neimans Boston - looked like a moist Hershey's bar! They also had the RC - a gorgie red but the leather wasn't as scrumptious - and the beige and the pink. Still waiting (impatiently) for ultraviolet!!

totally off topic but wanted to say I love your bullie baby pic!

As most of you probably know, I've been a Balenciaga collector since the beginning (2001 Le Dix), so I'm pretty familiar with all of the colors of the past. As such, took a side trip to the Balenciaga boutique in LA (Melrose) to get an "up-close-&-personal" viewing of the new 2013 F/W colors. Here is my assessment (mind you, the boutique is rather dark .. so, I had to keep on going outside :sunshine:to see the 'true' colors!!).
2013FWColorSwatch-BEST_zps3cfdd070.jpg

• Noir - well, not much to say here .. the same as always

• Anthracite - not a true grey IMO; seemed to have a bit of a blue/green undertone (albeit - not like the '07 Anthracite which had very definite blue/green undertones)

• Beige Nougatine - nice, IMO .. more reminiscent of the '07 Oatmeal/Mastic (which was really pretty - especially with Gold HW), a more 'warm' beige than Sahara and Praline
  • Cigare Fonce - I had really big hopes for this color, thought that maybe .. Balenciaga would repeat the wonderful '07 Vert Fonce .. NOPE! I was very disappointed in this color .. it's very dark (fonce means 'dark'), and had a definite red/blue undertone to it. IMO .. it was really not very pretty, although Gold HW might make it look warmer. The bag I was shown had Silver HW .. uggh!

• Rose Peche - very pretty (and mind you, I'm not a huge fan of the Rose/Pink/Peach hues). A really great mix .. not overly Peach or Rose .. I would say a 50/50 combination. Looks fabulous with the Gold HW!

• Rouge Cardinal - yes, another one with high hopes .. especially since a lot of folks missed out on the Coquelicot. RED, of course, is my favorite color .. and I have amassed quite a few of the Balenciaga Red's throughout the years (which I still have). It's pretty, but it is not a 'clean' Red like Coquelicot .. it has just a slight pink undertone to it. It is also a lot less bright than Coquelicot (so in that case, it might be better for those that thought that the Coquelicot was a little too much of a "in your face" Red!).

• Tournesol - LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this color!! Means Sunflower in French, and I would say that is a good definition of this color. Looked a lot like the '03 Mustard Yellow (which, in my opinion was not correctly named). This is a deeper yellow, with just a hint of a green hue (which made me happy since I loved the '04 Anis so much). If I were to only get 1 bag from this Year/Season, this would be my #1 pick.

• Ultraviolet - also LOVED this color; a bright pop of Purple .. but had a definite red undertone (more like the '09 Raisin). Looks FABULOUS with the Gold HW!!! If I were to get a 2nd bag, this would be my 2nd choice!

Thanks Cee Jay.

That was a great review. I am waiting to get my 4 th Bal bag, ( I have a regular seigle city, a regular black city and a mini giant black velo )

Saw a photo of Cigar fonce on Mytheresa, thought I'd go for that . Or maybe Nougat?:smile:

CeeJay - I went to NM today and saw the new colors IRL. I was not a fan of the Cigar Fonce leather as well. Very flat. They had a Velo with GGH and i didn't like the leather with GGH. It did look much better with the RH IMO.

The Beige Nougatine was very pretty as well as the new RED. Loved the new RED actually!
Rose Peche was lovely!
For some reason the yellow did not appeal to me. The only one I saw was with GGH and it was not a happy pairing. RH would be nice I think.

CeeJay - I went to NM today and saw the new colors IRL. I was not a fan of the Cigar Fonce leather as well. Very flat. They had a Velo with GGH and i didn't like the leather with GGH. It did look much better with the RH IMO.

The Beige Nougatine was very pretty as well as the new RED. Loved the new RED actually!
Rose Peche was lovely!
For some reason the yellow did not appeal to me. The only one I saw was with GGH and it was not a happy pairing. RH would be nice I think.
I also prefer the RH on Balenciaga yellow bags. The Giant doesn't show that well. The RH makes a beautiful contrast.

Is Cigare Fonce kinda look like the '05 Chocolate?

Haven't had the time to check out Barney's and BG yet..

I don't think so, no. Chocolate has more depth to it even though it's very dark. The Cigar Fonce I saw looked flat and boring.

I don't think so, no. Chocolate has more depth to it even though it's very dark. The Cigar Fonce I saw looked flat and boring.

:smile:Thanks for that!

I have a Chocolate and love it to death but it looks like it's close to retirement lol. Would love to have a BN Bbag that is close to that color, and hoping for the same leather. Yeah, I'm asking too much lol.

:smile:Thanks for that!

I have a Chocolate and love it to death but it looks like it's close to retirement lol. Would love to have a BN Bbag that is close to that color, and hoping for the same leather. Yeah, I'm asking too much lol.

I'm in the same boat. My 05 Chocolate's been through hell and back this last year. But yeah, Cigar Fonce isn't an alternative for me :nogood: