Prada Bags: Now Made in China for Italian Made Prices."

Ah so the SA may be correct then? Only space carries these made in china bags? I'm so naive. I always thought prada moves the stock from regular boutiques to space after a while. I didn't realize prada makes the bags (now in china) specifically for space outlet retail.

If that turns out to be the real punchline to this story, it actually ticks me off more than if they were just making certain styles in China. It's like Prada is saying "You're not worthy of the 'good' stuff, but since we still want your money, we'll make you think you're getting our Italian made Prada, but at discount prices."

Oh dear. I was considering cheating on Louis with a new Prada bag. Scratch that. I will stick to LV!

I have a Furla bag which is GORGEOUS, but yes it was made in Romania. Glad I got it on sale ;)

^^ that may be the same case for Tods (although country of origin for these outlet bags unknown to me as I haven't gone to one in ages)... Someone on the Tods sub forum posted about Tods outlets having special outlet lines made specially for the outlet and these were the classic G bags and all that you could have gotten from boutiques. To be honest, I would not have known that these were outlet lines from the pictures (there were sm ebay sellers selling these special outlet lines but not disclaiming the same in the listing) but clearly people in the know, know. For me it's annoying because i thought the whole point of outlets was for them to move old seasonal unsold stock to get rid of them (that's the trade off for customers right? You want something that Gwyneth Paltrow is carrying you go to their boutique whereas outlet shopping is for the oldish stuff). So if it turns out that the prada outlets get theirs specially made for in china, it will be very disappointing

So if it turns out that the prada outlets get theirs specially made for in china, it will be very disappointing

If I were close enough to a Prada Space outlet, you bet your bippy that I'd be over there and checking labels on every bag and wallet they sell. That would be before security tossed me out, of course. ;)

^^ that may be the same case for Tods (although country of origin for these outlet bags unknown to me as I haven't gone to one in ages)... Someone on the Tods sub forum posted about Tods outlets having special outlet lines made specially for the outlet and these were the classic G bags and all that you could have gotten from boutiques. To be honest, I would not have known that these were outlet lines from the pictures (there were sm ebay sellers selling these special outlet lines but not disclaiming the same in the listing) but clearly people in the know, know. For me it's annoying because i thought the whole point of outlets was for them to move old seasonal unsold stock to get rid of them (that's the trade off for customers right? You want something that Gwyneth Paltrow is carrying you go to their boutique whereas outlet shopping is for the oldish stuff). So if it turns out that the prada outlets get theirs specially made for in china, it will be very disappointing

I'm sorry to be off topic here, but can you direct me somewhere about the Tod's stuffs? I recently bought few items from their outlet and am trying to find out. TIA!

If I were close enough to a Prada Space outlet, you bet your bippy that I'd be over there and checking labels on every bag and wallet they sell. That would be before security tossed me out, of course. ;)

LOL. u're so funny ;)

well, sounds like it's still "safe" to buy from joanne. but for sales, i'd have to think twice now!

I was in the Cabazon outlet shop this afternoon (disappointing selection, btw) and thought about one bag I was looking at - I don't know what the name of it was (top handle, black nylon, medium size w/"triangle" emblem) and it was "marked down" to $478. Looked inside for the tag (and for the longest time I thought I was the only one who did that, been doing it for years - probably pisses off the salespeople, lol) and lo and behold, made in China.

I did see the posts above me about them possibly only selling "Made In China" bags at the outlet stores, but it's still a pretty sketchy move regardless. (also noticed a couple of bags made in Turkey, and one bag/most of the cosmetic sized-ones being made in Italy)

I've been wanting to upgrade to a bigger Prada for sometime (having been looking for the right style at the right price) because the only one I own is a small "scallop-style" nylon I bought in 2003 that with semi-regular use has held up pretty well. (one of the zipper seams needs repair though) This is making me think twice however...

Wow. I was going to take a look at Cabazon seeing as how I am driving out to San Bernardino to work anyway. The disappointing selection coupled with the Made in China puts the kibosh on that idea.

Are ALL the bags there made for the outlet or is it like Coach and they do get some from the full price stores?

I checked with my SA and members on Salvatore Ferragamo subforum and they confirmed that all Ferragamo products were made in Italy.

http://forum.purseblog.com/ferragamo/sf-shoes-made-in-china-673734.html

In fact, I read somewhere that their products were "100%" made in Italy. I'll post the link if I can find it.

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have to tell all of you a terrible truth that might shock you to your cords. One of my closet friend whose cusin married into a famous, rich and well known shoes manufacturere from Taiwan who based their manufacture plants in China. They make their fortune from private labels, what this means is that they make shoes for someone else. Guess who are they making them for? Almost all of the premium designers, let's name a few: Prada, Gucci, Ferragamo, Dior......The only exception brands are Louis Vuitton and CL. That is why their family members only wear Louis Vuitton, exclusively. Because they know other brands are just cheating their customers with big price tags. I learned this horrible truth last year, and I haven't bought a pair of the mentioned brands after that. No wonder I found most of the desingers shoes are not as comfortable as they once were.

I, for one, am actually heartened to here the "Made in China" bags are outlet only. Prada is not the first to make an "outlet only" line of merchandise, and I would rather have the outlet merchandise be a separate thing than retail Prada watering down the brand by moving it from Italy...

I know that the Mulberry Outlet shops in the UK stock a mixture of old season bags, "seconds" and they also do special outlet runs too. But these are all labelled & priced accordingly. The outlet specials tend to be cheaper than the original line. Sounds like Prada are doing similar - without the declaration though.

Ladies (big hug to PP for starting this thread),

Did you know that Overstock.com sells Prada handbags?

This is what I was told: "they might have come from the manufacturer, but they might have come from another company that had overstock of an item ", and finally "it should come with all the original tags, and authenticity papers".

Then I called customer service. The rep said these bags are replicas.. Woah! Did she make a mistake?

What do you think ladies? It sounds like O is selling bags from different sources. Perhaps some of these could be real or fake - or made in China (outlet factory handbags).

These prices are NOT cheap.

http://www.overstock.com/Clothing-Shoes/Prada-Brown-Leather-Satchel/5795358/product.html