Coach Rehab and Rescue Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need some rehab help. I have a cerulean blue Hamptons Carryall (05/06), I bought it in Dec 2007 at the outlet. Recently, I have noticed that the leather has begun to yellow on the sides of the bag, where it buttons together, almost along the crease. Is there a way to get it back to the beautiful blue it was? I'll try to post pics later.

I need some rehab help. I have a cerulean blue Hamptons Carryall (05/06), I bought it in Dec 2007 at the outlet. Recently, I have noticed that the leather has begun to yellow on the sides of the bag, where it buttons together, almost along the crease. Is there a way to get it back to the beautiful blue it was? I'll try to post pics later.
Do you mind posting pics of the bag.

Hi everyone, I'm going to be receiving a vintage lined bag pretty soon and have never rehabbed a bag before. I've been reading all the rehab threads and read that you can't give a lined bag a bath. I'm curious to know what would happen if I did? Would the lining shrink? TIA!

Hi everyone, I'm going to be receiving a vintage lined bag pretty soon and have never rehabbed a bag before. I've been reading all the rehab threads and read that you can't give a lined bag a bath. I'm curious to know what would happen if I did? Would the lining shrink? TIA!

I've given a lined bag a bath before (Legacy Crescent). The lining came out fine, as did the bag. I think the thing to worry about would be color bleeding, from the leather to lining and vice versa. The lining in the bag I bathed was a tan-beige color, as was the leather itself, so I had no problems with mine. Good luck with your rehab and be sure to post pics of the final result! :smile:

I've given a lined bag a bath before (Legacy Crescent). The lining came out fine, as did the bag. I think the thing to worry about would be color bleeding, from the leather to lining and vice versa. The lining in the bag I bathed was a tan-beige color, as was the leather itself, so I had no problems with mine. Good luck with your rehab and be sure to post pics of the final result! :smile:

Thanks, YokelMel! Mine is a red Legacy Crescent with a beige lining, so if colour bleeds, it will be obvious! From the photos I have, it doesn't look like it's in desperate need of a bath, so maybe I can get away with spot cleaning. I'll post pics when the bag gets here!

Thanks, YokelMel! Mine is a red Legacy Crescent with a beige lining, so if colour bleeds, it will be obvious! From the photos I have, it doesn't look like it's in desperate need of a bath, so maybe I can get away with spot cleaning. I'll post pics when the bag gets here!

Hope you love it! I love mine, it's the perfect size and I love the shape :biggrin: Good luck with your rehab, make sure to take before and after pics so you can really see the difference!

I've returned from the local Flea Market with my next project. This is a large Carly that was returned to the Coach store. I know I can fix this baby(this bag cost me the price of a soda!)
My plan is to (1) seal the tears and (2) cover the damage with appliques. I think the appliques will work since Coach already has those.

Attachments

• PICT0295.JPG
    PICT0295.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 2,575
  • PICT0302.JPG
    PICT0302.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 2,574
  • PICT0304.JPG
    PICT0304.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 2,577
  • PICT0297.JPG
    PICT0297.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 2,541
  • PICT0298.JPG
    PICT0298.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 2,613
I've returned from the local Flea Market with my next project. This is a large Carly that was returned to the Coach store. I know I can fix this baby(this bag cost me the price of a soda!)
My plan is to (1) seal the tears and (2) cover the damage with appliques. I think the appliques will work since Coach already has those.

You find some amazing bags at the flea market! How about a wide brown horizontal ribbon sewn over the damage on the side with the long cut. Coach has been using vertical and horizontal stripes on their bags for a long time.

Good luck and let us see how it turns out!

You find some amazing bags at the flea market! How about a wide brown horizontal ribbon sewn over the damage on the side with the long cut. Coach has been using vertical and horizontal stripes on their bags for a long time.

Good luck and let us see how it turns out!

Ohhh, you're right..didn't think of that...Thanks
So here's what i did next...
I sealed the inner piece with tape and then used "Liquid Stitch" with the outer tear. I laid a couple of heavy books ontop to sit over night...Stay tuned tomorrow:P
BTW...I'm just doing one side at a time....

Attachments

• PICT0305.JPG
    PICT0305.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 2,525
  • PICT0306.JPG
    PICT0306.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 2,546
  • PICT0308.JPG
    PICT0308.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 2,527
  • PICT0309.JPG
    PICT0309.JPG