Coach Rehab and Rescue Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
:yahoo:I'm really glad you started this...this is something I love to do....just found a couple of bags that are in rehab right now... will post when their ready(should have taken some "before" pictures)

HI....I just found this thread....and ooohh..I love it...I love rescuing old Coaches..purses in general..and if they are dirty..I clean them up.....my latest purchase is a Coach straw basket....which my mom loves....I had always wanted to have one of those.and I finally found one for $8.00 dls. I added some colorful hangtags I had from another purse...and a flower coin purse..and it looks cute.....I will post pics. I love hunting ..digging and finding those Coach purses that get no love....it's all in the thrill of the hunt.

Here are the photos.....

where did you find this for $8?? loves it, soo cute!

WOW! What a great job on the rehab and what a great looking old Coach!

I haven't done a rehab for a long time...it makes me want to look for something to rescue.

;)

Thanks all!

DemRam:
Funny you refer to it as a rescue because that is what I feel like when I buy them - like I am rescuing them from disgard. This was a $5 find at SA and just tossed on a shelf amongst other knick-knacks - not even in the purse section.

Oh that's right, I should have posted my "oldest" rehab/rescue so far.

Late seventies (I think), made in New York City, "Basic Bag".

Thread with more pics is here:

http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/rehabbed-nyc-bag-im-really-impressed-fob-decoration-651974.html

I'll just put a couple of the before/after pics here. (Two before, with blemishes. Then the creed. Then after, with the leather richer brown after heavy conditioning. And another after, with how much I could surprisingly fit inside.)

I'm not sure what I expected from an original NYC bag, but holy crap, the leather is as wonderful as any of my other vintage Coach, and the *zipper* .. a "Talon" zipper ... literally moves like butter. :tender:

Attachments

• after4.jpg
    after4.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 2,774
  • after1.jpg
    after1.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 2,769
  • before4.jpg
    before4.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 2,751
  • before2.jpg
    before2.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 2,759
  • before1.jpg
    before1.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 2,800
Last edited:
(Sigh at myself ... just realized I hadn't put any of the other rescue/rehabs here either.)

My others (all "after" pics, all prettied up) ...

Attachments

• BlueSpecCourt.jpg
    BlueSpecCourt.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 2,745
  • Coach_black_station.jpg
    Coach_black_station.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 2,732
  • Coach_LegSmallFlap_navy.jpg
    Coach_LegSmallFlap_navy.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 2,761
  • Coach_Quincy_black.jpg
    Coach_Quincy_black.jpg