Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

But she's not a mum selling her jam at a school fete, why are there no ingredients and legally covered labelling info (net-weight, fruit content, sell-by-date etc)?
even if she were, there are rules for cottage industry products. You also have to take a food safety course. Of course she is not making anything, but if she were there are rules. She is just 100% BS at this point and that should be on the label.

ETA: If she is not selling, the rules are somewhat different; if you give stuff away, there are not labeling rules. So she may have gotten by with it this first round, since they are not being sold.

Also, is it even strawberry season yet? In Monetcito?

The certification and TB testing etc. are required if you are selling; and you have to renew it and take a refresher class.

I, CB (*hair toss) had to do this in order to sell honey in my beekeeper days. the labeling laws were a combination of Federal and State. I could give it away no problem, but once I sold it I had a checklist of things that needed to be on the label -- it could all be on the back label, but it had to be on the jar. There were people at the farmers market to check this. And if you go over a certain amount of production, you need to have a certified kitchen, with regular inspections. I know a lot of small producers of products like jams, butters, baked goods, etc., so this business with the Hissing One really irks me. It is NOT easy to get a product to market, even a small cottage product at a farmers market. There are a lot of hoops to jump through and my respect to anyone who even tries, to be honest. No respect to Rachel, she sucks.

By the way after the safety certification course it took a long time before I could eat out again.

Last edited:
I’m guessing Harry applied for asylum and for US/UK relations it’s a touchy subject with probably more complicated diplomacy issues
But on what grounds could he apply for asylum in the US?

"Under U.S. law, people who flee their countries because they fear persecution can apply for asylum."

The only threat of persecution or harm for him in the UK is in his mind.

This might well be true...

View attachment 5985173

@pomeline, it's great to have you back. We still miss @CarryOn2020.

The apology demand may be to justify not going to the UK and perhaps hide the reason why she may be afraid to go.

Attack Throwing GIF by Ludo Studio

To our American friends, he's all yours.

Did Harold receive an expedited green card?
stamp GIF by South Park

I’m guessing Harry applied for asylum and for US/UK relations it’s a touchy subject with probably more complicated diplomacy issues

There is no need for Harry to have applied for asylum at any point. He was not under any sort of threat of imprisonment or death. As the spouse of a U.S. citizen, he (or anyone else in a similar situation) can simply apply for permanent residency.

He is going to use this so the British courts will have to chase after him to recover thei costs they have billed him. Apparently, the matter will have to be taken through a US court in order for collection to take place in the US. I hope that if he sets foot in the UK they go after him for the money.

I take it that he has legal residential status. So his visa must have been sorted out?
He really couldn't use a UK address because he doesn't have one anymore. Although there are also advantages to being in the US as you mention.

He is going to use this so the British courts will have to chase after him to recover thei costs they have billed him. Apparently, the matter will have to be taken through a US court in order for collection to take place in the US. I hope that if he sets foot in the UK they go after him for the money.

I take it that he has legal residential status. So his visa must have been sorted out?
He’s screwed. GB is part of The Hague Convention. A foreign judgment can be enforced in the US. They just have to apply for exemplification of the foreign judgment and voila!

He probably kept stalling the US Customs and Immigration reps with "The Palace will take care of it, just send them the forms". And of course, any requests received by the Palace went right into the paper shredder.
When he first got here, before COVID, surely he didnt need a Visa for what he claimed would be a short visit. No one knew COVID would last. He had a house in the UK. I now think that he got in as a tourist, stayed in and never bothered to worry about a visa and yes, maybe granny put in a call to someone at one point. yes special treatment and/or negligence on his part.

If they make the show interesting enough people will watch it no matter what the subject is. Tiger King was a huge hit for Netflix. If it’s just another vanity piece for Meghan and Harry then, no. Nobody will watch unless it’s to make fun of them, which come to think of it might be a large market after all.
If they made it a one-off, it would likely be a hit. I doubt many people could sit through another 6-parter. Existing footage of the Harkles might be good for corporate videos: what not to do when you want to please the boss/attract sponsors/charm customers. John Cleese has a great series of corporate videos.
He running from the UK debt collectors. To get what is owed the court, they will have to petition a US court so they can go after him. I always knew he would never pay He is probably wanting his father to do it. Now it will be the threat that he can’t come back and bring the kids because the bailiff will come after him.
That is so embarassing. Maybe the courts can rule to divert income made in the UK to settle the debt: like any money he gets from those rumoured trust funds. He can't claim to be suffering financial hardship and needs that money to survive.
Her label didn’t identify the fruit. We were supposed to use our imaginations. It could have been cherry or even plum jam!

It was that Delfina who spilled the beans and revealed it was merely common strawberry. Clearly she wasn’t taking her endorsement duties as seriously as was required. :biggrin:
I'm convinced that Lolo thinks fruit = orchards. She may also think strawberries grow on trees.
The walls are probably covered in mirrors.
I once hired a domestic helper who was obsessed with mirrors. We hired her to help my MIL with the household chores, but every time she passed by a mirror, she had to stop and preen for 5 minutes. My MIL became preternaturally aware of the many reflective surfaces in her house.
That would be asylum in the original sense: an institution for the care of people who are mentally ill.
That indicated Mindy was #4 who received a jar. Did I miss who was #3 to post the lemon bowl of hellish jam?
A model. The one who went to ski with her and the Pilates instructor.

Mindy K is #19. I believe TW sent the photos to her “friendfluencers” ready to post. Maybe she also sent the jam???
Season 1 Mona GIF by Nanalan''

You know how Sephora reviews have so many 5 star incentivized reviews where someone will say, haven't tried it yet but I know I will love it... they get the product for free and have to write a review. Stupid useless reviews that push up the 5 star ratings.

Well, how can Mindy K be obsessed if the jar is still unopened? Hasn't tried it yet but she knows she will love it. Great review, thanks Mindy.