Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

no...doesn't sound like Meghan to me. Unlike Meghan, while I'm sure a big part of her attraction to him was his name, she didn't seek the spotlight or try to be a big "star"....she actually wanted privacy
I do recall that she hated the intrusion of the media into her life after they married, and that was a source of conflict. JFK Jr. used the media to garner attention for his magazine and other interests. Remember the big launch of his magazine "George"? He was used to it having grown up with it. His mother famously battled "paparazzo" Ron Galella in court for stalking her and her children around the streets of NY. That was the first time I had heard the term.

So in their case the roles were actually reversed - Hazy hates media attention but ZeeZy welcomes it, as long as it is favorable.

Last thing about CBK from me because I just finished the Bower book:sweatdrop: but I always found this story funny. My friend subleased Carolyn’s apartment when she moved in with John. She said C would never cash her rent checks. Months would go buy and the money would still be in her account. She’d say C, are you going to cash my checks?!:lol::lol::lol:
It's good to be rich.

I do recall that she hated the intrusion of the media into her life after they married, and that was a source of conflict. JFK Jr. used the media to garner attention for his magazine and other interests. Remember the big launch of his magazine "George"? He was used to it having grown up with it. His mother famously battled "paparazzo" Ron Galella in court for stalking her and her children around the streets of NY. That was the first time I had heard the term.

So in their case the roles were actually reversed - Hazy hates media attention but ZeeZy welcomes it, as long as it is favorable.
JFK Jr may have courted the media to an extent but I liked that he tried to be pretty normal - riding his bicycle around NY and apparently nice and friendly to people....his mom seemed to have raised him right

If they had friends then there would be witnesses. Other than those several weeks with Nacho and pwife, I don’t they’ve had much in the way of interactions with others since landing on this side of the Atlantic.
Other than a dinner with Eugenie and Jack, where have they been seen around Montecito? And we're not counting the fake car ride to Oprah's. It is very strange. It is summer, you'd think they'd be seen around the village with the kids on occasion. They could go out for ice cream and no one would notice unless she called Backgrid. But then they mysteriously show up at a parade in Wyoming. :rolleyes:

Other than a dinner with Eugenie and Jack, where have they been seen around Montecito? And we're not counting the fake car ride to Oprah's. It is very strange. It is summer, you'd think they'd be seen around the village with the kids on occasion. They could go out for ice cream and no one would notice unless she called Backgrid. But then they mysteriously show up at a parade in Wyoming. :rolleyes:

Hazzie is out there riding his electric bike with his entourage following behind. :biggrin:

ETA: he even knows the proper signals :rochard:
1660085524224.jpeg

JFK Jr may have courted the media to an extent but I liked that he tried to be pretty normal - riding his bicycle around NY and apparently nice and friendly to people....his mom seemed to have raised him right
I don't recall hearing anything negative about him, other than being mocked for failing the NY bar exam on his first two tries. He got the looks, his sister got the brains. But he was America's prince. There were more than a few who fantasized about him getting together with Diana after she and Charles split.

So the last couple chapters of the Bower book irked me. He implied the Harkles had success with the faux royal visit to NY and everything after…that they are loved in America when they’re a laughingstock at this point. I’m hoping Handbag’s book and his forthcoming attack of Charles and Camilla finally pushes the BRF to cut them off. Can he take away the titles when he is king?
Who exactly in America loves them besides the woke media? Most people I know don't give one hoot about them, nor know WTF they are. The people I know in Santa Barbara that have run into them despise them. The media likes to shove people down our throats and tell us who we should like. I think more and more Americans aren't believing a thing the media says any more.

I am posting this so we can have a laugh. Given the current relationship between William and Harry, I wonder if this guy or his editor reads a newspaper.
He is probably reading articles like the one below. TW got a >100k b-day gift from Will and Kate. :lol:

To me it proves that Harry and Meghan can be incognito whenever they want to be, the same as other celebrities in LA. I don’t believe for a minute that they are cloistered away at home and never go out. Kind of makes them crying over security issues seem like they are exaggerating, doesn’t it?

I never understood the fascination with CBK. I think most tall, thin, wealthy women are considered stylish. Especially those wearing classic clothing.

I do remember the pictures of their screaming fights on the sidewalks of NYC.
I was fascinated by Jackie Kennedy and the mystique surrounding her. I was also fascinated by Diana. Both women I find myself not liking too much the more I find out about them. People were fascinated by CBK because she married a Kennedy. She doesn't sound like she was a rose either. She seems more like a Bergdorf Blonde than anything. It's like the saying, "Don't meet your heroes" because you'll be grossly disappointed.

I believe JFK Jr didn’t have security, unlike Hazbeen who no one even recognizes in the US. The thing about being a style icon is you don’t have do anything else but look good in clothes. You can just be married to a handsome son of a president. The Duke of Windsor is known as a style icon after all and he was pretty much a total sh!t person.

Good point , there are no candids only professional shots, well and a third category - the staged candid
No candids - their security teams told others not to photograph them at dinner in NY or at Wimbledon
Staged candid eg shot of her dog walking with baby in sling, but her smiling directly at paparazzo

Last edited by a moderator: