Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

sorry - I'm not accepting NY Post as fact
and this did start out as reference to Meghan copying her styl

I liked very few of Methane's dresses (mainly the ones that actually fit her) but I particularly detest the green monstrosity. I even went to the designer's website just to assure myself that not all her creations are equally horrendous.
I finally get the green thing - it is by Emilia Wicksted - like the ONLY time, I remember, MM ever wore a dress by a Commonwealth designer - EW is from New Zealand based in London

Father, like son? Marilyn Monroe comes to mind.
Oh, his father had sex with all kinds of women. In fact, at least one of them was thought to be a spy! His tragic death means that for decades he was spoken of as if he was a saint. He wasn't but when I was growing up there was absolutely never any criticism of JFK ever. Back then, did any of us know he had an affair with a 19-year-old intern while president?

I recall reading that he was in love with Daryl Hannah but Jackie O didn't approve of her as the wife of an aspiring politician. Daryl Hannah had issues too and had been in a tempestuous relationship with Jackson Browne. He seemed to have a type.
I feel bad for Daryl because she came out years later and admitted that she was on the autism spectrum. A lot of the oddness about her behavior and the way she processes things could be explained by that.

I've gone way off topic so I'll get back on track with a People article about how inspiring Harry was to a Ukrainian medic. :rolleyes:

PS. the check to Sunshine Sachs must have cleared.

But I'll bet ZeeZy complained to him that she wasn't mentioned in it.

I finally get the green thing - it is by Emilia Wicksted - like the ONLY time, I remember, MM ever wore a dress by a Commonwealth designer - EW is from New Zealand based in London
The designer's website had that silly cape on a pale blue dress, so it wasn't a bespoke feature for Methane, but I doubt it was tailored for her either. That cape looked like it was strangling her, and the bodice didn't fit well.

I've gone way off topic so I'll get back on track with a People article about how inspiring Harry was to a Ukrainian medic. :rolleyes:

PS. the check to Sunshine Sachs must have cleared.

Oh, you wouldn’t believe but it’s been all over the Ukrainian Facebook for the last couple of days. That brave medic, Taira said that Prince Harry called her immediately after her release (in one version and a week later in the other) and “inspired” her to continue fighting(!) and that Invictus family always takes care of its own(now he is The Godfather). I have been a bit busy trying to explain my fellow ukrainian Facebook users what a big full of crap his royal phone call really was…to no avail. Just a small percentage of people are able to analyze information. I have heard the same sugar praise we have all heard before plus that Prince Harry and Meghan supported Ukraine since 2014(lol) and even donated unknowm(lol) sum of money(to whom and when is left unspecified). My point about how ridiculous sounds an inspiration to a woman of such high bravery from a person who can’t go take a pee without multimillion security detail fell on deaf ears.
P.S.: And he didn’t say “Hi, it’s me, JCMH” no, he said “It’s Prince Harry, blah blah blah”

Last edited:
Just another one of those women who become "famous" and "icons" because of who they married. We would most likely never have heard of her had she not married JFK jr. Sound like someone we know...?
no...doesn't sound like Meghan to me. Unlike Meghan, while I'm sure a big part of her attraction to him was his name, she didn't seek the spotlight or try to be a big "star"....she actually wanted privacy

I thought they were late taking off because her sister was delayed at work.
I had heard that it was the sister who was late as well. Could have been a combination of the 2 factors. It was extremely sad to me that Jackie never wanted him to fly or get his license so he waited until she passed before he did it. :sad:
Edit* Sorry, I just saw that this was posted by GraceKelly earlier :biggrin:

Last edited:
no...doesn't sound like Meghan to me. Unlike Meghan, while I'm sure a big part of her attraction to him was his name, she didn't seek the spotlight or try to be a big "star"....she actually wanted privacy
Lol, yes, but I was just making an observation on how she was portrayed in the media as being a style icon. It was only because of who she married that we even knew who she was. Same as Meegain :lol: