Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

That sure ain't gonna pay the mortgage.
I know, they're even saving on glue.

Back To School GIF

What gets me is the amount of money spent on their accommodation alledgely especially for a charity. This is literally an FU move on their part. That’s why I never give to these types of charities. It’s just to have a lavish party benefitting them.
I can’t even trust charities any more, and these two are prime examples why.
Instead of donating money, I now either directly hand money to homeless people and/or donate my time. Time to pet shelters, homeless shelters, etc…my next goal is to spend time at old folks homes with elderly people who either don’t have family or have family that neglect them. Too many people have family members that turn their backs on them, just like Haz and TW did to their families.

I can’t even trust charities any more, and these two are prime examples why.
Instead of donating money, I now either directly hand money to homeless people and/or donate my time. Time to pet shelters, homeless shelters, etc…my next goal is to spend time at old folks homes with elderly people who either don’t have family or have family that neglect them. Too many people have family members that turn their backs on them, just like Haz and TW did to their families.
Bless you for having a goal to spend time with the elderly. I too have the same passion. Have passion for others like you but I feel the elderly is some times over looked OR like M who ignores and tortures her Father and H's family.

But, but, the label is so cheaply done and it contains no information about the product. And why would this woman take a photo of a jar and a montage of lemons and put it on her own Instagram for Meghan? I mean, it says Montecito goodness on it. That has to be a joke, right? :wtf:
The jam recipient thanked her for a basket, I think. So was it a jar of jam and a basket of "Lemons from my garden" or were there other "goodies"?
she forgot to put the kind of jam on the front of the label. Genius.
She is being eco-friendly. This way, she can use the same label on whatever they sell!

And I'm kind of wanting to try Trade Street jam now. I like fruit and floral-flavoured food. Currently I have rose petal jam and quince jam in my pantry, and I just bought a box of strawberry coffee from Canada, and it's on its way to me now. Can't wait!

ETA: someone on SMM has a plausible explanation that covers both limited edition jam and mass market. Sounds possible that she will try to get subscriptions and the lucky 50 each month will get the limited edition.
1713252326518.png

Last edited:
Oh look, she's copied someone else's idea once again. Stunned, I tell you.

Trade Street Jam Co. is a black-owned & woman-owned small batch jam company founded by Ashley Rouse. Ashley, who's been a chef for almost 15 years, created the name for the company in 2008 while living in an apartment on Trade Street in North Carolina. Now, some 10 years later, Ashley and her Brooklyn-based company create fruit forward and clean tasting vegan jams that are low in sugar and high in flavor. Her jams are best used in craft cocktails, BBQ sauces, glazes for meats or vegetables, baked goods, yogurt, overnight oats, salad dressings and more! She teaches jam classes to kids at underprivileged schools and aspires to use residual jams to feed the less fortunate, two efforts that are near and dear to the owner’s heart.

That's the second time I read "vegan jam" in two days. Isn't jam vegan by default? ETA: forgot that not all sugars are apparently vegan.

Also, those low sugar jams aren't all that. There was a scandal a few years ago with moldy jam (was a small woman-owned business who also had a cookbook out, can't remember if the jam she sold was moldy or people were getting those results from her recipes). In jam, sugar is one of the preservatives.

The jam recipient thanked her for a basket, I think. So was it a jar of jam and a basket of "Lemons from my garden" or were there other "goodies"?

She is being eco-friendly. This way, she can use the same label on whatever they sell!

And I'm kind of wanting to try Trade Street jam now. I like fruit and floral-flavoured food. Currently I have rose petal jam and quince jam in my pantry, and I just bought a box of strawberry coffee from Canada, and it's on its way to me now. Can't wait!

ETA: someone on SMM has a plausible explanation that covers both limited edition jam and mass market. Sounds possible that she will try to get subscriptions and the lucky 50 each month will get the limited edition.
View attachment 5984627

But she's not a mum selling her jam at a school fete, why are there no ingredients and legally covered labelling info (net-weight, fruit content, sell-by-date etc)?

That's the second time I read "vegan jam" in two days. Isn't jam vegan by default? ETA: forgot that not all sugars are apparently vegan.

Also, those low sugar jams aren't all that. There was a scandal a few years ago with moldy jam (was a small woman-owned business who also had a cookbook out, can't remember if the jam she sold was moldy or people were getting those results from her recipes). In jam, sugar is one of the preservatives.

Pectin and agar-agar are vegan, but some jam may contain gelatine which is not (and not vegetarian either). Same with some colourings, cochineal, widely used to colour red products, is also not veg/vegan.

Last edited:
People are starting to talk.

A new hire finds working conditions so stressful she quits during the Africa tour.

So, was TW’s sad eyed victim posturing during the Tom Bradbury interview at the end of that trip, when she complained no one had asked how she was, a diversionary tactic to distract from the employee issues?

Pectin and agar-agar are vegan, but some jam may contain gelatine which is not (and not vegetarian either). Same with some colourings, cochineal, widely used to colour red products, is also not veg/vegan.

I see. In Germany, what can go into jam is pretty restricted...fruit, sugar, pectin, booze, spices. Agar-agar and gelatine doesn't go into our jams, ever, and artificial or animal based colourings are also banned.

A new hire finds working conditions so stressful she quits during the Africa tour.

So, was TW’s sad eyed victim posturing during the Tom Bradbury interview at the end of that trip, when she complained no one had asked how she was, a diversionary tactic to distract from the employee issues?

Was that the one seen crying hysterically in a car after Ghoul went off on her because she didn't like her assignment of the day (market stroll) or yet another victim?

I see. In Germany, what can go into jam is pretty restricted...fruit, sugar, pectin, booze, spices. Agar-agar and gelatine doesn't go into our jams, ever, and artificial or animal based colourings are also banned.

The rules around the UK's fruit-preserves sound similar to those of your jams. Jams here (UK) can just be sugar, water, setting agent and colour.

Anyone got the legal lowdown on jam/jelly in the US?

Costs to be paid by Harry are estimated to be in the region of £1M. Which still means it's costing the British tax payers over £50K.

All The Spectator "...the rest of us might suggest that it is time for him, and his wife, to consider gracefully backing out of the spotlight before this frankly hopeless duo test our patience one time too many."

The legacy of Spare is never far away
"The judge has ordered Harry to pay 90 per cent of the government’s costs in the court case (well over £500,000, apparently) and has delivered a stinging rebuke to the Duke and his legal team. Not only did Mr Justice Lane remind Harry that his original case was ‘comprehensively lost’ and ‘failed on all of the pleaded grounds’, but he went on to damn the appeal that his lawyers had put together. He remarked that it relied upon ‘a great deal of unsupported speculation’, and that it continued to ‘[display] precisely the same kind of errors’ that the original application had demonstrated, such as a ‘formalistic’ and ‘inappropriate’ attitude towards the submission. The judge concluded – and it is possible to hear his exasperation here – that: ‘There are no ‘other compelling reasons’ for an appeal to be heard.’"