Would You/Do You Wear Your Engagement Ring Everyday

since i got engaged i wear my ring everyday:love: . when i take it of sometimes for work i feel like something is missing!

I am not married yet (maybe in a couple of years from now but since i had to move to another country for studying my bf gave me an engagement ring):love: :love: :love:

I don't wear mine everyday. I like to change rings. I got a new engagement ring (so it is totally different that my first one). My husband said I could pick out a new wedding band about 3 years ago. I wanted a platinum ring and picked a very delicate thin band designed by Tacori. Then he said to pick out a engagement ring so I found a stunning delicate Tacori setting of small diamonds on the outside of the ring and had it done with a deep blue sapphire. I love both rings and usually wear the band everyday but the not the sapphire ring. I have some other rings too and change them off with the band. I hate the feel of thick metal on my finger so I will only wear the thin rings together. I have seen some rings stacked that I wonder how the person can bend their ring finger.

mine is set very high too, but i wear both rings every day. I'd be really sad if i didn't, and the days i forget to put them on, im very sad and feel naked. I take them off to shower, lotion, clean, etc. and sleep becuase they can get uncomfortable.

satine112 said:
mine is set very high too, but i wear both rings every day. I'd be really sad if i didn't, and the days i forget to put them on, im very sad and feel naked. I take them off to shower, lotion, clean, etc. and sleep becuase they can get uncomfortable.

Same here !!

I don't wear my engagement ring much these days, I've lost weight and just slides too much on the finger. It's lovely tho, a princess cut diamond on 18kwg cathedral setting.

The e-ring has an interesting history. One day, I tripped and fell on the way to work, scraped my Wenger watch up real good. I had no idea until I got to the office that not only did I also scrape my e-ring on the concrete but I realized the diamond was missing!!! :cry:

I just left my office building like a bat out of hell and ran back to 42nd St and 3rd Ave. OK, so it's rush hour AM and people are looking at this crazy woman on her hands and knees. I was afraid to tell anyone I was looking for a diamond, so I just mumbled I was looking for "something" ha ha

I couldn't believe I found it, it was embedded, point down, in the hot sidewalk tar. It had been so hot that summer, the tar was soft. I pried it out with my fingernail and shouted out my relief (very shaky too) to everyone around me. In NYC, everyone just assumes you're nuts -- but one woman said to me, "you know, that means that diamond was really meant for you". Back at the office they told me how lucky I was, someone could have stepped on it with the diamond point up and they could have been walking all over the city with a diamond stuck under their shoe. :blink:

Believe it or not, it is true story! Still can't believe I found a little diamond in a concrete jungle...!

Attachments

• small.jpg
    small.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 220
Wow! Great NYC-diamond-stuck-in-sidewalk story!

About cleaning, not that I'm an expert, but I like to do a 'deep soak' every weekend for my engagement and wedding rings. I have three oddly like another poster: a platinum/diamond wedding band, plat/diamond engagement ring and a plat/sapphire/diamond 'push ring' for when I had my first baby. I wear them stacked the same way she does... anyway, I soak them weekly in 'Hagerty Jewelry Cleaner' from good ole Walgreens. It's ammonia based but I gets the job done!

I've recently gotten the tip from my jeweler (the one I bought the summer ring from) that Fantastic spray cleaner is just as good, but you do need to brush it with a toothbrush. The great thing about the ammonia solution is that you don't have to bother with it at all. Just drop it in the tray and seal it up. You CAN'T use it with pearls and other soft stones though.

rainrowan said:
I don't wear my engagement ring much these days, I've lost weight and just slides too much on the finger. It's lovely tho, a princess cut diamond on 18kwg cathedral setting.

The e-ring has an interesting history. One day, I tripped and fell on the way to work, scraped my Wenger watch up real good. I had no idea until I got to the office that not only did I also scrape my e-ring on the concrete but I realized the diamond was missing!!! :cry:

I just left my office building like a bat out of hell and ran back to 42nd St and 3rd Ave. OK, so it's rush hour AM and people are looking at this crazy woman on her hands and knees. I was afraid to tell anyone I was looking for a diamond, so I just mumbled I was looking for "something" ha ha

I couldn't believe I found it, it was embedded, point down, in the hot sidewalk tar. It had been so hot that summer, the tar was soft. I pried it out with my fingernail and shouted out my relief (very shaky too) to everyone around me. In NYC, everyone just assumes you're nuts -- but one woman said to me, "you know, that means that diamond was really meant for you". Back at the office they told me how lucky I was, someone could have stepped on it with the diamond point up and they could have been walking all over the city with a diamond stuck under their shoe. :blink:

Believe it or not, it is true story! Still can't believe I found a little diamond in a concrete jungle...!

My goodness that truly is an amazing story !!! I'm so happy you found it. what are the odds !!!! ???? :nuts:

Thanks for posting

I'm really surprised by people's answers.

I can't imagine not wearing my ring, I admit the first cple days I was engaged i was hesitant in certain settings- ie peoples reactions or like on a treadmill

however since hubby had taken such care ie to buy diamond from a dealer who came to the house
and then shopped around for the setting
the ring is really me which i love ie he didn't just buy it in a store

and my stone isn't so huge that i'd be nervous to wear it
my center stone is .76 and i forget the weight on the side settings

I don't wear mine everyday because I'm afraid I'll lose the rock while playing with my daughter. I much rather wear a eternity band. and not be constantly checking my ring finger..

I wear my engagement ring everyday. I never take it off...not to shower, not to sleep, not even to do housework. It is the most sentimental, most valuable thing I own. I'm in love with it.

When I was engaged, I wore mine everyday, eventhough the stone was rather large and I got lots of comments in engineering school. Got even more comments when I stopped wearing it because the engagement was broken.

If I ever get another one, I would wear it everyday.

I wear my engagement ring & my wedding ring every day and don't even take them off at night. They are like a part of me and I feel totally weird without them. If gardening or similar, I wear glowes to protect them but I don't take them off. I even wear the at the gym, with training gloves. My husband and I spent quite some time selecting rings before getting engaged & then married, we ended up having the wedding ring made for us. ( In Sweden, the wedding ring is normally the most important ring with the bigger stone, and the engagement ring would be more plain, without or with smaller stones) Love my rings and what they stand for:love: