Why is Pantene so terrible?

Its not a great brand, because like most shampoos/conditioners that are sold at convenience stores or like, under $5, they are mass produced. THey use not great quality ingredients, IMO. I can totally tell the difference after a day if I use Herbal Essences vs. Biolage. My haircutter told me to throw away all those cheap brands cuz it;s bad for your scalp.

lol. I stopped using Pantene for like only two days and switched to another drugstore brand and my hair seems SOO much healthier. It is already a whole lot softer and shinier.

Hi all...I just wanted to throw my two cents in for those of you who'd rather not break the bank on your hair care products *long*
I also used Pantene for years and swore by it, but I had a terrible shedding problem and would even get sores on my scalp and acne. I never related those problems to my shampoo/conditioner until not quite two years ago (summer) when I made the huge mistake of cutting my hair off to about chin length. I hated it!!! So I started looking online hoping to find a way to grow it out faster (technically, you can't :P). To my delight, I found several excellent forums devoted to growing long, gorgeous hair (very similar to our beloved purse forum).
The two absolutely most recommended brands by those hair fanatics, rich and poor alike, are VO5 (specifically, the Moisture Milks line) and Suave (Naturals)! These gals (and a few guys) will buy every single bottle of those brands at Big Lots or Wal-Mart for 89 cents a pop!
I occasionally use the VO5 and have good results, but I find it a bit too thin to detangle my hair without using 1/4 the bottle in one go (that's why they buy the whole store's worth), so I prefer Suave. Also, I thought I'd pass along that many of us hair-crazies only actually shampoo once or twice a week so as not to strip the natural protective oils from the hair. On days I don't shampoo, I do a thorough water rinse followed by conditioner only , and I always air-dry whenever possible. My hair has gone from chin-length to waist-length in less than two years and has never felt better! My scalp is also much healthier and I rarely break out anymore, either.
Try it!!! :wlae:

P.S. It's been bugging me while reading this forum (which is a very good one, btw) that some people seem to have misunderstood what claireZk meant when she said that her hair "stopped growing" when she wasn't using Pantene. I understand correcting someone's false misconception when they ask a question, but she clarified herself in a later post after receiving what I considered a very patronizing remark (complete with "rolling eyes") about how your hair doesn't ever stop growing. Despite the clarification, she was "attacked" at least twice more in later posts for what was simply an exaggeration to make a point. I just wanted to caution people to read posts carefully (and consider your tone) when contributing so that this can remain the fun, helpful place we all love!

:lecture:I would also say that while hair can't be made to grow much faster than a certain rate, there are actually many medical conditions which can cause your hair to stop growing and/or fall out and many unhealthy things you can do which will cause growth to slow or stop. Physicians can use hair and nail (the same thing, in essence) condition to diagnose disease, drug use, nutritional status, etc. Certain fungi and bacteria, and some chemicals can damage, impair, or kill hair follicles. So, it is not necessarily only a matter of breakage when hair appears to "stop growing", even though in most cases, that's all it is.

I'm really, really sorry for the pontificating *lol*, but I think broad generalizing can get us into trouble sometimes...

pantene was good when i started using it but after a couple of monthes my hair was dirty even if i washed it. A lot of gunk built up. It was disgusting. I immediately changed shampoos and havnt had that problem since i stopped using it. No other shampoo makes my hair dirty