Why is Pantene so terrible?

Darn!!! I am using Neutrogena T/Gel Daily Control dandruff shampoo, and it has Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate.

Hum... I am using this one to control my dandruff that I have recently....
Is there any organic shampoo controls dandruff issue....?

Pantene made my hair fall out:cursing: I heard this from other people too!

I've had this problem too. If I just use it once or twice, its no big deal, but if I regularly use Pantene I start shedding like crazy. Its horrible. I remember waking up and there being like hair everywhere, after washing my hair, the drain would be clogged...ugh!
:throwup:

Long story short: $$$ for dermo visits as I had HORRIBLE pimples all over my forhead, down the side of my face and my scalp itched, we FINALLY figured out it was my shampoo. Brand? Pantene. She informed me that many of the ingredients cause allergic reactions and clog pores. Stopped the shampoo, skin problem was gone. For me, that's why I think it's "terrible". It did give my hair a great sheen. Shame.

I hate Pantene!!! Apart from the pimples and itchy scalp, I had what looked like hives on my scalp too. The effect on the hair was good, but not on the scalp. I remember throwing the bottle away and having to use Aveda-scalp benefits for some months just to get my scalp back to normal. I gradually was able to use drugstore shampoo again after 6 months.

My hairdresser cautioned me against Pantene also. She said it coats the hair and makes it look nice but it causes a film to penetrate the hair making it look shiny and nice but makes it break at the same time. And be aware that it causes your hair to shed.

Being a major Pantene-hater myself....I LOVE this thread!!!!

First of all, my background is with Paul Mitchell. I've worked for JPMS for several years...so yes, I'm biased. There really isn't a more complete line on the market that suits the consumer's needs and at a very reasonable price. Liter sales are going on RIGHT NOW and will continue through February. You can get most shampoo/conditioner duos 2/$26.

I also highly recommend Eufora. They utilize Certified Organic Aloe Vera Gel as the base for all shampoos, conditioners, treatments, and in many styling products. Since aloe is antibacterial, anti-viral and has antiseptic properties, it's great for skin and scalp conditions like acne, dandruff, and seborrhea.

I'd also recommend ABBA, Alterna, Rene Furterer, Alfaparf, and Thermafuse as other alternatives. These are all professional lines found only in salons with the exception of Rene Furterer which is also sold at Sephora.

Thank you! ^ I LOVE ABBA, Alterna, and Alfaparf! The day spa I worked at use Alfaparf hair color as well. It was very rich and conditioning!

I may pop into my other salon (JPMS exclusive) and see what they have for me! Thanks for the heads up!

Candace, I'm just starting to really get into Alfaparf and so far, it's been great! JPMS has always been my passion and I just recently started working for a multi-line distributorship, so I have had to broaden my horizons a bit. Alfaparf is the other color line we sell. The shampoos and conditioners are also amazing! The Splendore Di Fiore Di Lino Extreme Color Protection Line is simply awesome.

I'm starting to really get into Alterna as well. The Caviar line is being featured on Dr. Phil of all shows this Thursday!

I just started with Alterna in October and I love it! I've also been happy with John Masters organics and a couple other brands from Whole Foods but Alterna is my fave to date. Haven't even attempted to touch pantene or any drugstore thing like it in years!

Twinkie (heehee that is my puppy's name), I love that Splendore line too!!! All of my experiences with Alfaparf have been very positive. We also used to sell Alterna at my old day spa but sadly the community didn't really appreciate it so she stopped carrying that along with the skin care line Jurlique, in favor of retaining Abba, Kenra, and Alfaparf.

actually i avoid any shampoo that looks milky, not only pantene. i heard about silicon used in these shampoo and over long period of usage they can clog up pores in scalp and cause hair to drop.

i used to shed lots of hair too. this really embarass me whenever i stay over at girlfriend's house, especially after shower.

now i only use clear looking shampoo and my hair is doing great :smile:.