Why is Pantene so terrible?

I agree with you on cleansing my hair with condish vs. shampoo. My hair is naturally wavy and frizzy. It has years of heat damage, so I've been wearing it curly to try to get it healthy again. I really think that foregoing the shampoo has been the best thing. Shampoo really strips the natural oils from the hair and leaves it dry.

Anyone else clean their hair with condish? BTW, I use Suave Naturals.

I "shampoo" with conditioner now too. I use a low poo shampoo every now and then when I feel like my hair is getting weighed down. You must be doing the curly girl method too.

Is it all Pantene that does this? I just bought the midnight expressions one the other day! I've used it before & i don't remember if my hair fell out because of it but i'm starting to think so now!

I "shampoo" with conditioner now too. I use a low poo shampoo every now and then when I feel like my hair is getting weighed down. You must be doing the curly girl method too.

Me too! I shampoo with SLS free shampoos only twice per week... I conditioner wash in between... I use V05!

Seriously though, best thing I ever did for my hair.

Pantene works for me. I have really coarse wavy hair and I need something that really detangles my hair. I haven't found any other product that has helped with the detangling and softness.

Wow..I didn't know all this about Pantene :wtf:

I had used it for years because it was the only shampoo/conditioner that worked for my hair.

My stylist said it was bad but I thought he was just saying that to get me to buy the stuf he sold. I bought the $$ stuff he sold a few times and my hair was terrible :sad:

I am now using Bed Head Superstar and love it!

I am going to get a clarifying shampoo next time I'm out too.

btw..This is a great thread..PF'ers rock :tup:

I've never heard this about Pantene. I just bought some of their Relaxed and Natural Shampoo last week and really like the way it smells and how silky my hair felt after shampooing with it.

I have never heard bad things about this shampoo either. I've used it for years as well. I have recently been using the Pantene for long hair. I really like it if I am planning on straightening my hair. But my hair is naturally wavy/curly and I have a hard time wearing it that way due to frizz. I have been reading on here about the "curly girl" method. So all you do is wash with conditioner instead of shampoo? How often do you use shampoo? Or do you just not use it all together?

i've been using pantene lately but this makes me want to stop...the brand I was using before was the garnier fructis? good stuff?

I haven't heard anyone bash garnier fructis products like they do pantene. Some people might say that some of the garnier fructis products have silicones in them that build up in your hair but, it's usually amodimethicone which is slightly water soluble so not as bad as the hard core silicones.

Yes, Pantene is hated by most hair professionals. It has wax and alcohol in it, both not good for hair. My sister is a beautician and she used to get so mad at me for using it (I don't use it anymore). I know when I use Pantene hairspray I end up with lots of breakage in my bangs because it doesn't completely wash out, which leaves it dry and brittle.

Me too! I shampoo with SLS free shampoos only twice per week... I conditioner wash in between... I use V05!

Seriously though, best thing I ever did for my hair.

I'm thinking this is what I need to do. I have long hair (about 3-4 inches past the bra strap). It's pretty dry and damaged with lots of breakage (although, I've seen a lot worse!) It's naturally curly, I usually wear it that way but every once in a while I straighten it using a T3 wet/dry. I very very rarely blow dry it.

Any other suggestions for me?