What’s your unpopular Hermes opinion?

My unpopular opinion - the Hermes “game” has turned some grownups into insecure anxious teenagers. It’s exhausting seeing questions where people agonize about very mundane decisions. And it makes you wonder how some of these people function on a day to day basis.

If you don’t click with an sa - no biggie. It’s a business relationship. Sas are not our friends.

If an sa didn’t respond after a week or two. Follow up. If they still don’t respond try calling the boutique. If that doesn’t work then they may indeed be ignoring you. :lol:

If an sa is actually ignoring you on a repeated basis then find someone else or go to a different store.

If your sa leaves, it’s not the end of the world. I once saw someone post on sm that they were gutted. Did their dog die? Did they lose a job? Good grief.

If your sa offers you a bag you didn’t ask for and don’t want, don’t take it! You will only regret it and you’re only hurting yourself. And for Pete’s sake don’t take the bag and then go on fb to sell it and then agonize for months that you shouldn’t have taken the bag and then complain you’re up to 4-5x spend and you still don’t have an offer.

If you think going into a boutique and spending a bunch entitles you to an offer, think again.

If you don’t want to buy something, then don’t feel pressured to.

If you think buying boba tea or bringing some kind of pho or drug store chocolates like ferrero to curry favor will get you a bag offer, think again. You shouldn’t be shocked to know so many clients do it and it’s more of an internal eye roll for sas and not necessarily appreciated.

If all you’re after is a bag and you think the way to one is simply to spend and spend, think again. All you’ve done is show your sa you’re a pushover and you’re likely to get strung along for a very long time. Just go to fp or rr and save yourself the agony.

Lastly, if you think throwing a teenage temper tantrum or complaining to your sa why so and so got an offer at your same boutique and didn’t spend as much, good luck with that. You may just have become persona non grata with your sa and sm! :graucho:
This!! Preach it sister. lol.

Would love to see more staple sweaters and sweatshirts similar to men’s designs, and wool jackets that aren’t overcoats.
Also think your post re Hermes shenanigans should be a sticky :smile: lol boba tea
And until I joined this forum I never knew there was such a thing as a 'Hermes Relationship' I just called it shopping
Yes!

my unpopular opinion is that my local H SA understands that if I am in another part of the world and would like to shop another H, it’s normal lol. I don’t think that I lack for bag offers either. I do prefer to only shop local when I am in the US.

My unpopular opinion - the Hermes “game” has turned some grownups into insecure anxious teenagers. It’s exhausting seeing questions where people agonize about very mundane decisions. And it makes you wonder how some of these people function on a day to day basis.

If you don’t click with an sa - no biggie. It’s a business relationship. Sas are not our friends.

If an sa didn’t respond after a week or two. Follow up. If they still don’t respond try calling the boutique. If that doesn’t work then they may indeed be ignoring you. :lol:

If an sa is actually ignoring you on a repeated basis then find someone else or go to a different store.

If your sa leaves, it’s not the end of the world. I once saw someone post on sm that they were gutted. Did their dog die? Did they lose a job? Good grief.

If your sa offers you a bag you didn’t ask for and don’t want, don’t take it! You will only regret it and you’re only hurting yourself. And for Pete’s sake don’t take the bag and then go on fb to sell it and then agonize for months that you shouldn’t have taken the bag and then complain you’re up to 4-5x spend and you still don’t have an offer.

If you think going into a boutique and spending a bunch entitles you to an offer, think again.

If you don’t want to buy something, then don’t feel pressured to.

If you think buying boba tea or bringing some kind of pho or drug store chocolates like ferrero to curry favor will get you a bag offer, think again. You shouldn’t be shocked to know so many clients do it and it’s more of an internal eye roll for sas and not necessarily appreciated.

If all you’re after is a bag and you think the way to one is simply to spend and spend, think again. All you’ve done is show your sa you’re a pushover and you’re likely to get strung along for a very long time. Just go to fp or rr and save yourself the agony.

Lastly, if you think throwing a teenage temper tantrum or complaining to your sa why so and so got an offer at your same boutique and didn’t spend as much, good luck with that. You may just have become persona non grata with your sa and sm! :graucho:
Omg you nailed it! So much truth

Spicy…… care to elaborate? What in your opinion is the “je ne sais quoi”?

• Haha
Reactions: BreezyE
Back with more unpopular opinions LOL.
I really loveeeee the look of H fine jewelry and the experience of buying things in-store. However, unless I were just trying to boost my profile for a bag I would honestly rather buy a new/barely used H jewelry piece off FP for a steep discount from someone who flogged it on there after buying it just to get a bag offer haha.

Also I don’t think the Evelyne above a size 16 is flattering for anybody when worn crossbody. Please don’t block me lol:hbeat:

I really loveeeee the look of H fine jewelry and the experience of buying things in-store. However, unless I were just trying to boost my profile for a bag I would honestly rather buy a new/barely used H jewelry piece off FP for a steep discount from someone who flogged it on there after buying it just to get a bag offer haha.

Also I don’t think the Evelyne above a size 16 is flattering for anybody when worn crossbody. Please don’t block me lol:hbeat:
Agree. I recently fell in love with H jewelry. It’s Sooo temping to get from FF.

100%. I wouldn’t be surprised if Hermes hires some company to buy back those pieces.