What’s your unpopular Hermes opinion?

What does that mean?
my take on the comment is that h just recycles same patterns or styles in different colors or makes minor modifications to some styles. How many variations of the kelly lock have we seen on shoes or farandoles on jewelry. Tiffany has been taking its Locke and hardware lines and throwing out almost the same iterations of these items. It’s great if you like the original concept but sometimes you just want to see something different.

Here’s my unpopular opinion, Hermes is supposed to have a mastery of colors when it comes to leathers but then why are the color choices for Rtw so bad some seasons? Why do they seem so averse to dark blues and grays? I don’t recall ever seeing any Rtw in dark blue and rarely in grays.
Agree. This is why I shop men’s RTW when the small sizes are available. I’m a 36 women’s trouser and 34/36 women’s jacket. Last seasons men’s chino pants trimmed with ebene leather, size 38, are not a bad fit (they didn’t have a 36). And, a men’s hoodie shirt in what feels like cotton poplin, size 37 is loose, but cute. (I didn’t know they did odd numbered sizing).

Unpopular opinion: I like the men’s RTW better than women’s for some seasons. Better made, less expensive, darker neutral color pallet.

Last edited:
my take on the comment is that h just recycles same patterns or styles in different colors or makes minor modifications to some styles. How many variations of the kelly lock have we seen on shoes or farandoles on jewelry. Tiffany has been taking its Locke and hardware lines and throwing out almost the same iterations of these items. It’s great if you like the original concept but sometimes you just want to see something different.
I agree. For instance, some designs were made in the advent of no phones or smaller phones; the new iterations of such designs need to consider that we need better access to cell phones these days and we shouldn't have to leave the bags open for such access.

Some years I absolutely agree.

I tend to regret buying every pair of H shoe at the sale lol (then again, hope springs eternal, and I would want to shoot myself if I paid full price for a shoe that was not comfy or didn’t fit )

Another unpopular opinion: I’m not fond of the Kelly Moove bag. Which no doubt means it will be the most popular bag of 2024 lol

Kelly moove is just the less flattering stepchild of the berline (imo)
I was just about to post my dislike of the Kelly Moove and saw that I'm not entirely alone on this UO. It reminds me of the Prada re-edition/re-nylon. I can't stand that additional pouch thingy.
Functionally and practically I know it works well to hold airpods/metro card/gum, but it honestly I just wanna rip the darn thing off!
And maybe "dislike" is too strong a word - more like a disgusted annoyance.

ETA: my specific UO may be more extreme and I'm prepared to duck

Last edited:
My dream bags (and honestly dream RTW) may only be in the past. . .
(And sadly not in the budget either)

Unpopular opinion: Crinoline and buffalo dalmation are my exotics lol

Unpopular opinion: I can NEVER find a bracelet in a larger size. The smaller size is just a bit snug and I prefer jewellery to move freely
My unpopular opinion is the exact opposite of yours! I can never wear some styles because even the smallest size is too big for my wrist. I would love an enamel bangle, for example, but it won’t stay on.

Despite all the ‘hate’ on Hermes these days, a trip to Hermes, a phone call from my SA, a newly procured versatile item (in my case, a silver Farandole necklace) makes me so happy. The frivolity makes for such a good distraction from the depressing issues in life. It’s hard to find these kind of joys with other brands. I feel that this is becoming an unpopular opinion, the mods might disagree and delete my post, hahaha