What’s your unpopular Hermes opinion?

I wish H would stop making bkc for a while. I just want to be able to go to my store and not deal with limited stock. I also think service would be 100% better.
Imagine that! They'll never stop making them; Hermès is out for that mighty dollar. Besides, how are they going to stuff their that pockets with pre-spend due to the carrots (i.e. B/K/C) they've dangled in front of people's faces. :lol:

wish Hermes made more "quiet luxury" RTW (aka Brunello items). Most RTW items have patterns and are not "wearable" in daily workplace settings.
Agree. I wear a mix of mens RTW some of which is quieter (when I can find smaller sizes, like size 37 tops, 38 pants) and women’s in basic neutrals
color gold with ghw only
Agree. Years ago, I rehomed a Fauve barenia 32 HAC bc of the GHW. It made me feel like a Ralph Lauren ad
older about GHW versus PHW.
Agree. Mainly bc my mom loved it, and it was a very 1980s look. But, in the last three years, I stopped wearing WG jewelry bc DH and my independent jeweler pointed out that YG looks better on my skin lol. I was like, couldn’t you guys have pointed this out decades ago, lol. I still prefer phw on bags though.

Agree. Mainly bc my mom loved it, and it was a very 1980s look. But, in the last three years, I stopped wearing WG jewelry bc DH and my independent jeweler pointed out that YG looks better on my skin lol. I was like, couldn’t you guys have pointed this out decades ago, lol. I still prefer phw on bags though.

Same here! Till one day my other half and friends commented that YG looks better on me,I dropped all WG :whut:
after I got one bag with ghw, instantly I knew am done with gold. Prefer the the cool tone and low key of phw.

Hermès PurseForum is getting boring. I want to see more pictures and less walls of text.
Me too !!!! I live for photos and here is one of my most loved bags.
To keep this on topic, my unpopular opinion is: why are people trying to build large Hermes collections for the re sale value? They hardly use the bags, if at all, and they view them as a form of currency- like bars of gold. Then they complain about the ‘Hermes game’ - some of them even seem prepared to go to court about it. Bizarre.

Attachments

• FF59606B-38DE-4E6A-98FB-01F77018192A.jpeg
    FF59606B-38DE-4E6A-98FB-01F77018192A.jpeg
    115.2 KB · Views: 134
Some unpopular opinions for today:

- Owning an Hermès bag doesn't make you special or a better person than others, it just makes you rich, and if you think that Hermès is devalued because people who aren't just like you are buying it, you can stop wearing and carrying the brand anytime. It's still a good time to sell it all off :angel:

- It would be nice to have more Hermès eye candy in threads, but, if people don't contribute to the reference threads and other pics-only threads, there will continue to be more words than pictures 🤷‍♂️ The bag offers and in-action threads are miles long, and the reference section is tiny, so help out!

- How many more things can H slap a Kelly buckle on? Sigh.... :lol:

I feel like there's more negativity/passive aggressiveness when discussing Hermes with friends. And that could be the attention they are getting with social media and the lawsuit. But.. I don't need someone to tell me I'm stupid for buying Hermes items at retail price at the boutique when I can possibly buy them for cheaper second hand (jewelry, scarves, shoes, etc). My wallet is well aware of the second hand market but I choose to shop at the store because I actually enjoy my time browsing and respect my SA's opinion on potential purchases. I did say tell my friends the same but I'm just so sick of the repetitive conversations.

On a lighter note, I hate the Constance bag and think the big H is tacky. But for some reason, I can forgive the H on the pairs loafers.

Hermès PurseForum is getting boring. I want to see more pictures and less walls of text.
This is why I can’t seem to stay interested. Tried coming back from hiatus but not much to keep my interest. Not enough pics and too much about spend ratio, how to game system, overly emotional posts about not getting a handbag, psychoanalysis of SA actions or lack of action, etc. Completely draining.

My unpopular opinion....(in the eyes of some newer forum members..)
echoing @sweetpea_2009
posting about pre-spend/SA relationships/Best catagories to purchase in/How to get a walk in apointment in Paris/What to wear in order to get an offer.......is BORING
and even worse..(sorry/not sorry)..are posts mentioning in order of irritatation to me personally:
1: resale value
2: should I buy this bag (poster is exonorated from my irritation if this question is posted on Docride's thread)
3: what did you buy previously to get this offer?
and finally... any mention of 'scoring' in relation to a bag or an appointment raises my hackles as does the word 'game' applied to throwing thousands of £/$ whatever on 'stuff' in order to ingratiate oneself to an SA who then becomes a 'fairy' when making an offer of a bag.
Sorry I'm in a grumpy mood this evening!

I just couldn’t care less (popular or unpopular opinion) about all the hoopla surrounding the lawsuit against H regarding the sales practice of the B. I can’t even say I am mildly entertained to be honest and reading all the various opinions on the subject just makes my head hurt.

I just want to shop. I want to look at pretty things. Ignorance is bliss.

Last edited:
This is why I can’t seem to stay interested. Tried coming back from hiatus but not much to keep my interest. Not enough pics and too much about spend ratio, how to game system, overly emotional posts about not getting a handbag, psychoanalysis of SA actions or lack of action, etc. Completely draining.

Yup, summarized so well and I completely agree!

Reactions: hotgalaxy