What's the craziest thing you've done to be able to afford the bag you wanted?

I'm *still* researching what Goyard St Louis to get!! If you're in that forum you can see I've planned to get it this August, then this December! At least I am finally buying it next Monday after I kid you not YEARS of debate and research. I went to NYC in August to finally check them out in person and left without one still. Luckily NYC is only about 80 or so minutes each way for me so it wasn't too crazy and we spent a gorgeous Saturday exploring the city.

Generally when I want a new bag or shoes or the like, what I do is create a reasonable budget in my paycheck for it. I get paid weekly, so every week I might put aside $25 into my "fun money savings" account (separate from actual savings for the future and emergencies) so that way, it's not too painful to save up and yet it does add up quickly. By the time I've saved for it, I firmly know that I still want it OR the desire has passed and I just move that money over to my regular savings.

My one "crazy" time was probably the time I spent my entire Christmas bonus on vintage LV luggage, however it has really paid off. I use it every chance I get and it's absolutely gorgeous. My mom shook her head at that one but I think she's happy about it since I have no issues letting her borrow it!

Nothing crazy yet, but I'm currently trying to save every penny I can just so I can buy an Alma BB in April when I finish my first year of college. That means not eating out as much & not going shopping for no reason. :tdown:

Reactions: Cogmarks
I cleaned my parents' house for weeks in exchange for money to buy a bag. It was during the summer while I was home from college, and I had nothing better to do while my mom needed the break, so it worked out great for both parties. It was worth it too. I ended up getting enough money to buy my first Mulberry!

Now I'm considering making a bag my reward for weight loss, but we'll see how that goes!

Not really sure it's crazy...

Either:
I was on a business trip to Seattle and saw the bag I wanted, had it shipped to my friend in Portland who the shipped it to me to save on sales tax.

Or:
In a retail store they didn't have the exact color of bag I wanted so I bargained with the sa for a discount.

In my uni days I lived on vegetable soup for a couple of months to raise funds. Now I'm older and wiser 😉 I haven't done it yet but I'm planning on selling everything in my wardrobe that no longer fits, shoes included and anything else that isn't nailed down in an attempt to finishing funding a balenciaga 😂