What you guys do when you see someone wearing a fake?

speedysteph said:
I used to work at an Abercrombie store and I saw SO MANY fakes carried by the teenage girls who came in there! One day I said to a coworker- "If I see another fake Dooney & Bourke today, I'm gonna puke!". So many fake hearts and IT bags- yick.

On the other hand, the area I worked in has a large asian population so I saw alot of nice authentic LV stuff. One 18 year old girl I worked with had SEVERAL LV bags- even several cerises! And they were all real.

I would never say anything to someone who carried a fake. I might secretly point it out to a friend, though :biggrin:
I don't say anything because I feel like I would be coming off as a snobby b****. There are alot of people out there that cannot and will probably never be able to afford the real thing. Why make them feel any more self-conscious than they probably already feel? A smile goes a long way to making someone feel good about their self. If everyone is for world peace like they claim they are, why put someone down for any reason and embarrass them? As for the ones who carry fakes and walk around with an attitude, well, that is their problem. You gotta think their self esteem is probably pretty low to begin with and feel sorry for them.

I hate when I see people with fakes especially the ones that are sooo obviously fake, I mean for what they are paying for them they could probably at least get a low end real designer bag, I think its dumb :hrmm:

xikry5talix said:
I hate it when people think my bag is a fake because almost every teenage girl carries around a fake lv or coach bag now a days.

I don't have a problem with less expensive bags. Heck - some of them are really cute! I'd rather a non designer bag for $50 dollars than get a tacky knock off that is so obviously fake for the same price.

I sooo agree with you!!! If you can't afford an expensive bag dont get a fake! Get an attractive non designer bag. When I see someone with a fake I look away. It hurts my eyes. I wear my balenciagas diors whatever to school sometime since I go to school in NYC and afterwards I might go shopping, go for coffee with my friends and I see all these girls wearing fake balenciagas I look at theirs, they look at mine and I HOPE THEY FEEL BAD. Because its obviouse their bags are foul.

I wouldn't go up to a complete stranger to lecture them about they're fake bags but when I see a blatantly fake Vuitton MC in the ugly 7 colors I stare at it & my face makes an involuntary grimace!! LOL, I think sometimes they notice. I just think how stupid they'd look if they walked into the real boutiques & the sales people can tell right away that they have a fake bag.

bagnshoofetish said:
I don't say anything because I feel like I would be coming off as a snobby b****. There are alot of people out there that cannot and will probably never be able to afford the real thing. Why make them feel any more self-conscious than they probably already feel? A smile goes a long way to making someone feel good about their self. If everyone is for world peace like they claim they are, why put someone down for any reason and embarrass them? As for the ones who carry fakes and walk around with an attitude, well, that is their problem. You gotta think their self esteem is probably pretty low to begin with and feel sorry for them.

Yes, I agree with you. I'm sure the people carrying a fake are already quite self concious about it and thinking "I hope no one can tell it's a fake!" There was only one time I had to lecture someone at the Night Market. An asian lady older than me was shelling out $100!! for a really fugly LV MC in the seven colors & I HAD to say something, pointing out that the real ones have 33 colors. She got really defensive & I could tell an arguement would start if I didn't shut up. The seller was giving me the evil eye; it was pretty funny!

mrsjimmyh said:
i wouldn't say anything out loud, i would point it out though if i had company with me who would appreciate my comments..

btw, yesterday at work i swear i saw a little girl.. she must've been between 7-10 carry a fake LV mono mini looping bag... it was so irritating!! so many young kids in the OC carry fakes and think they're all that. GRRR
This might seem tacky to some of you, but I have a 7 yr old and a 13 yr old. One day I saw my 13 year old carrying a fake LV mono pochette, at first I didnt notice that it was fake but then it just hit me (might she be roaming in my dressing room) hum, so I asked her Kyanie come here. When I saw the bag it was a fake! Oh man did I ream her ass,.. first off all she get's a $1000 spending limit on her card per month and second of all her father spoils her so much. Although her father gave her the card if she said dad buy me this he'll say OKAY :wacko: I don't understand these girls now-a-days, they wear these bags to look like little preps in front of their friends but don't they know they look like fools!!! Well after getting so much crap from me she finally go the hint and went to buy one with another one of her friends. I guess she got tired of hearing my sh*t. Next thing my Vicky (7yrs old) wanted one too, she wants everything the older one has, so I gave her my mini sac (tiny speedy) it hurt to give it up, but I get a kick out of her when we shop together,.. she's so cute!

I never say anything ... I just don't think it's nice to smirk or say anything about it. Each to their own ...

However, there are people who really don't know that they are carrying a fake. My cousin's MIL refuses to believe that there are fake bags on Ebay ... her reply is that it comes with the tag so it must be real. How do you argue with that?

i see so many fake bags where i live :yucky: but i just giggle a little bit (when i see one) and i think i am lucky i am able to buy the real thing and i'm not the one that looks stupid carring a disgusting fake bag!!

I'll be laughing right after she walk passed me....:roflmfao: Sometimes, I just can't help doing it as the person spotted with the fake has this "showing off" look on her face that makes you just wanna laugh !! And the best part is, she thought no one will know that its a fake but too bad, I do.....:wlae:

If I'm with somebody, I'll tell them something like "oh my god, she isn't fooling everybody, what a poser", but if I'm alone, I just stare at them and try and make them understand that I can see that they are carrying fakes. I don't mind about looking or sounding like a snob, because these people are the ones that makes *MY* LV bags that I've spend lots of money on become less exclusive, and I love my LV bags nonetheless, but I get really angry when I'm out travelling for example and see people tote fake keepalls and thinking they're all that when I carry my authentic keepall and put it right next to theirs so that everybody can see how s***ty fakes they are.