What do you like about hermes?

I see we’ve revived an old thread, but -

the thing I like most about Hermès is they do not constantly reinvent themselves. Colors may come and go, and new style may be added, but nothing dates itself.

when handbag trends come and go, I value a brand that always is the same. I enjoy that I can wear a bag from 1996 and feel the same as the one I bought yesterday. For the price, you must absolutely be able to use it for more than 5 minutes before moving on.

I love H for all the reasons that drive people who don’t love H completely nutso. I love that they are French and old-fashioned, but modern and innovative in the same breath. I love the wild confidence and willingness to be eccentric and whimsical. I love the H love of stories, characters and the H imagination. I love that they took care of their staff during Covid, prioritizing them over even their customers—really, really love that. I love that they actually try very hard to make their clients happy (contrary to popular and uninformed belief) but will not compromise the fundamental philosophy of their business to do it. I love the unnecessary necessary way lipstick cases click shut and come in a crazy little perfectly tailored linen bag in a complicated little orange box. So typical of H. And of course, I love all of the beauty.

Last edited:
Colours. And also no logos.
I like that it's art that's meant to be used. They push artistic borders while challenging themselves to do it at the highest possible level of design and quality. There's also artistry at so many levels, from the color selections to the leathers to the clasps on their jewelry to the hems on scarves to the weave of textiles for RTW.
I love H for all the reasons that drive people who don’t love H completely nutso. I love that they are French and old-fashioned, but modern and innovative in the same breath. I love the wild confidence and willingness to be eccentric and whimsical. I love the H love of stories, characters and the H imagination. I love that they took care of their staff during Covid, prioritizing them over even their customers—really, really love that. I love that they actually try very hard to make their clients happy (contrary to popular and uninformed belief) but will not compromise the fundamental philosophy of their business to do it. I love the unnecessary necessary way lipstick cases click shut and come in a crazy little perfectly tailored linen bag in a complicated little orange box. So typical of H. And of course, I love all of the beauty.

All of the above, and the fact that they will service anything, regardless if you’ve had 5 minutes or 5 decades.

At FSH, I enjoy visiting the after-sales dept because some in that team are just as strong devotees of the brand as many of us here. They are happy to see older models return and will gladly spent a few extra minutes talking about it or researching its details if time allows.

I love the products and quality but that is a given for me. What makes this such a long lasting relationship is the feel I get when I go into my home store. Being able to spend time there is almost like being in a second home. Everyone there feels like family. They love to fawn over my kiddos, are so sweet whenever I bring in my Mom or sister who are visiting, are good to my husband if he ever tags along even though he’s the opposite of a shopper. It’s special and it makes me happy that I get to enjoy myself whenever I visit. Now, if only there were more selection and stock of products for me to start buying more!

- I love how during my appointments, my SA sits me down somewhere comfy or private, offers me a drink and we have our chat about life before we start roaming the store and talking about stock availability. It feels like she is welcoming me into her home.
- I'm glad that Hermes has taught me over the years that it is better to buy less, but buy well.
- Despite my reluctance to stray from black bags, I love how I can get my colour fix from scarves, belts or other accessories.

I like the serenity and quiet elegance of the brand. It really matches my own vibes. I love that it is not as "loud" as other brands. Before I bought from them I was eyeing Chanel bags but was turned off by all of their quality issues. So I skipped Chanel and went straight to Hermès. Because of the quality and Chanel's price increases I even find that you get a lot for your money at Hermès, especially with ready to wear and bags.
But in general I really enjoy the overall calmness and discretion. That's totally my style.
I don't like trends or hypes or unicorn stuff.

I like Hermes because they make one style of bag attractive in almost every color imaginable and in different leathers. The color options are endless. And the opportunity for ala carte. Every bag you buy is a precious work of art.

With Chanel, one can get away with a black medium large classic flap and be done with the brand (if money is an issue). Just sayin.