What do you like about hermes?

May I also add that I like that Hermes routinely offers SO/ A La Carte as part of their offerings to customers. I do not know of any other well known big brand who does this on such a scale except perhaps Dior with their art or exotic Lady Diors, LV etc. I do not mean specialty leather bespoke ateliers because that's not so much known to most people.
Also they are ramping up bespoke/ custom orders with Horizon projects which is also part of the Maison's history.

May I also add that I like that Hermes routinely offers SO/ A La Carte as part of their offerings to customers. I do not know of any other well known big brand who does this on such a scale except perhaps Dior with their art or exotic Lady Diors, LV etc. I do not mean specialty leather bespoke ateliers because that's not so much known to most people.
Also they are ramping up bespoke/ custom orders with Horizon projects which is also part of the Maison's history.
Prada does SO on bags but they don't really announce it in public. A friend who worked for Prada only told me about it. For bags, the process is something like the old SO Hermès way where you propose a change to an existing model (any leather, color, hardware combo but no design change, I think; unlike the H a la carte where there are only specific colors/leathers per season), it then gets approved or rejected, if it goes through you pay a premium on the customization on top of the normal price of the bag, and then wait. :heart:

OK in order to get back on topic what I also like about H is that they are superior in mixing canvas with leather on bags. Celine does it to some degree, and Moynat started doing it this year and looks promising, but H has been doing it since the 70's or earlier, so they have perfected the craft and even did it with exotics decades ago.

The colors - I also like the fact that there are colors with leathers to be sampled and enjoyed. I love the Kelly hardware.

Like that poussin jaune. Like what a color.
Yes definitely the colours and the leathers. Studying about the different leathers and how the same colours are represented differently depending on the type of leather has become an obsession/hobby of its own. I like that with Hermes so much soul and passion goes into a creation

I love Hermes! I enjoy shopping (or window shopping), the modern designs, the quality of the leather, houseware, glasses…. My first purchase (not after a leather bag) was houseware. Probably still my favorite dept. I love St. Louis ❤️ I also love that the items are limited (despite all the reps out there) and that I can wear some of my H bags, and no one knows they are an H bag.

Yes definitely the colours and the leathers. Studying about the different leathers and how the same colours are represented differently depending on the type of leather has become an obsession/hobby of its own. I like that with Hermes so much soul and passion goes into a creation
Yes! All these amazing different leathers, they have a style for all of us