**Buying from Fashionphile** shopping experiences/questions

I feel like their quotes have been lower in the past month. I think it really varies though from person to person and what you submit. You might want to search the thread, but I recall other people wondering if you can regularly submit for quotes but not send it to them. I believe the general responses were that they are ok with you getting quotes and not ultimately giving it to them as long as you are actively buying from them - they do stop giving quotes out to some people who they flag as never selling to them and also never buying from them.
Thank you for your reply, I sell to them a lot, it's just when sometimes their quotes were too low for me to lose $$$$ or other consignments gave much higher. I'm paying high tax and high cost of shipping when buy from sellers, it is now much harder to sell because all these LV Chanel Hermes went up prices big time, such as I had just sold a like brand new Speedy to a consignment whom gave me much higher than FP's quote (I would lose $50 if took FP's quote) but, listen to this, even at this much higher quote from another consignment I only makes $60 after all the expense, laughable profit.

Thank you for your reply, I sell to them a lot, it's just when sometimes their quotes were too low for me to lose $$$$ or other consignments gave much higher. I'm paying high tax and high cost of shipping when buy from sellers, it is now much harder to sell because all these LV Chanel Hermes went up prices big time, such as I had just sold a like brand new Speedy to a consignment whom gave me much higher than FP's quote (I would lose $50 if took FP's quote) but, listen to this, even at this much higher quote from another consignment I only makes $60 after all the expense, laughable profit.
If you can manage it, may be better to source high quality bags and sit on them for a year or so.
THEN sell.

Because AFAIK prices are going to go north. We're entering a high inflation low growth cycle.

There's a lot of rubbish around and fakes, and if you can differentiate yourself, all the better.
High end auction houses are the go from what I can see. You can set a reserve and people are outbidding eachother. They view lux bags as an investment. It's not fashionistas in there. From what I can see.

Reactions: onlyk
Dose anyone out there get lower than normal quotes lately? I can't sell any to them since last month, every item the quote they gave me was lower than other consignments, sometimes 15-25% lower. wondering why.

They're possibly clogged up with rubbish that won't shift. So they don't want to take more items on regardless of quality. I doubt if they're authenticating properly either. I've identified plenty of fakes in all sites supposedly giving guarantees. This is crippling their business model. Plus theft, people returning and substituting with a fake, etc etc.

Reactions: Glitterbomb
Do their phone lines even work? NOBODY answers. You literally wait on hold for over an hour and then an automatic message says " you have reached outside of their business hours and to try again"... within BUSINESS hours. What a joke of a company at this point.
It's seems like every time I go to their site I get a pop-up survey to take. The last one asked me to describe Fashionphile in one or two words with examples like "exclusive" and "stylish." I guess that's how they see themselves. The one word I used to answer the survey was "overwhelmed." Lol

Just got my quote for a Chanel reissue 225. A few months ago before the price increase it was $3600, now it’s $3200. Strange. Might be because they have some of the exact same bag now that haven’t sold. I’m good with either quote but if I can get $3600, I can’t let it go for $3200. Hope they keep letting me sell to them!

If you can manage it, may be better to source high quality bags and sit on them for a year or so.
THEN sell.

Because AFAIK prices are going to go north. We're entering a high inflation low growth cycle.

There's a lot of rubbish around and fakes, and if you can differentiate yourself, all the better.
High end auction houses are the go from what I can see. You can set a reserve and people are outbidding eachother. They view lux bags as an investment. It's not fashionistas in there. From what I can see.
Very good advice, thank you!

How good is FF with authenticating? I‘ve only sold stuff to them but I pulled the trigger today and bought a mini chanel bag. I certainly don’t want to pay $$$ for a super fake. Does anyone know?

:tdown:
Having spent nearly $1000 on several LV items with Fashionphile I decided the twilly color did not match the purses and sent an email for an RMA to return the twilly as per the terms of the web site. It took 3 e-mails before I got a response informing me I could return the item no problem. The item arrived back in Beverly Hills Certified Mail on September 29th. 15 days have gone by and during that time I have sent 5 e-mails asking for an update to see whether the credit card has been issued a credit. Absolute zero response. I will now have to contact the card company direct. Out of eight e-mails to a "Steven" in Beverly Hills, Fashionphile responded just once. Can you believe this customer service? They are quick to sell and dispatch product but when it comes to returning product for a refund you're banging your head against a brick wall. Be warned folks.
I will never deal with them again and you better bank on keeping anything you purchase with them because trying to communicate with them direct is the biggest hassle I have experienced in years.

I think this is probably normal. You're expected to liaise with your credit card provider first. This is the way of customer service these days...sadly.

Very good advice, thank you!

Well I'm not giving financial advice it's just what I am planning on doing. You never know how things are going to go with total certainty but one thing I know is the price of most things is going....UP. And the quality is going....Down.
That gives a result for good quality vintage. IMO.

Reactions: onlyk
No, there are in B
How good is FF with authenticating? I‘ve only sold stuff to them but I pulled the trigger today and bought a mini chanel bag. I certainly don’t want to pay $$$ for a super fake. Does anyone know?

FF? You mean FashionPhile?
Try taking images of your bag to the Chanel forum in here for authentication and ask them to authenticate.
That will either put your mind at rest or get ready to into reverse, once the bag arrives.

Reactions: opensesame