Vintage Coach Photos & Chat

I wonder why the owner did not dye the whole bag inside and out like a RIT dye bath. Do you think it was the dreaded shoe polish?
Probably because it was too much work. It's a good size bag. Can't tell if it was shoe polish. I can usually tell after it's done fresh and due to the shine but if this was shoe polish it may have been done long ago and shows signs of wear. I can't tell for sure without handling it either. I have a satchel just like it. Black outside with a very poorly applied shoe polish and brown on the inside. I have yet to work on it. I just go Ugh everytime I see it. You could ask the seller. :smile:

Actually, the new system is quite different from the former deficient mail-it-to-Jacksonville-and-wait-and-see one. Of you can go to a COACH retail store that has an "Craftmanship Bar," then they'll take care of everything and return shipping to your home is gratis. Note, simple repairs may be done on-site. If you don't have ready access to one of these stores, then you can follow the procedure provided on COACH's website: www.COACH.com/repair-services.html and look at the info under the "COACH REPAIR POLICY" tab.

ETA: and yes, they will ship it back with a new (rather low quality) dust cover.
How do you know which ones have a craftsmanship bar? I see 2 stores in my town have monogramming as a service but I don't see craftsmanship as a feature on any of them.

How do you know which ones have a craftsmanship bar? I see 2 stores in my town have monogramming as a service but I don't see craftsmanship as a feature on any of them.

They sure don't make it easy to find them using the store locator! I think there are only a few in the US - NYC, Chicago, San Fran - but my info may be a little dated. They're only in Flagship stores if that helps.