Vintage Coach Photos & Chat

Thank you! What is the Wayback machine? Are the dimensions accurate? That's what I'm after. "I like big bags....."
I don't want to trust seller measurements. I'm not finding many big Sonoma in the catalogs I have.

Thank you! What is the Wayback machine? Are the dimensions accurate? That's what I'm after. "I like big bags....."
I don't want to trust seller measurements. I'm not finding many big Sonoma in the catalogs I have.
You're welcome. I assume the measurements are accurate - they are Coach's. The Wayback machine is the Internet archive. That is from Coach's website from 1997.
You can put any website in and look to see which pages are archived. This is the starting place for Coach: https://web.archive.org/web/*/coach.com
Then you select a year and a date, and start exploring. A lot of the links don't work or redirect you, several years of Coach the pages are messed up, often it is impossible to get anything but the main page, or the pictures are missing.

You're welcome. I assume the measurements are accurate - they are Coach's. The Wayback machine is the Internet archive. That is from Coach's website from 1997.
You can put any website in and look to see which pages are archived. This is the starting place for Coach: https://web.archive.org/web/*/coach.com
Then you select a year and a date, and start exploring. A lot of the links don't work or redirect you, several years of Coach the pages are messed up, often it is impossible to get anything but the main page, or the pictures are missing.

Thank you Whateve!

Thank you Sonoma! I'm usually comfortable buying 14" length and up. We'll see how this one turns out. I found one in black for $35. Seemed reasonable from checking current and sold listings. However, not many to be found. Keeping my fingers crossed.
I wonder if it is really heavy.
That is a good price!
But is a heavy, substantial bag.
I own one and is a bit too much for me, but I'm 5' tall and 115 lbs. (Like many tPFers it seems :smile:)

@Sonoma- Do you have the Sonoma school bag messenger? Is it suitable to wear as a purse. Or is it really more of a briefcase style?
Here are two pages from the 1994 Holiday Preview catalog.
I've been looking for this one but seems hard to find. And I think it would wear me, rather me wear it.
Is a bit more simply constructed bag I think than the 4920, so assuming is a bit lighter.
Happy searching!

scan0001sm.jpg scan0003sm.jpg

Here are two pages from the 1994 Holiday Preview catalog.
I've been looking for this one but seems hard to find. And I think it would wear me, rather me wear it.
Is a bit more simply constructed bag I think than the 4920, so assuming is a bit lighter.
Happy searching!

View attachment 3701632 View attachment 3701633

I was looking this morning at that cover. I assume it's the school bag?