Vintage Coach Photos & Chat

Here are two pages from the 1994 Holiday Preview catalog.
I've been looking for this one but seems hard to find. And I think it would wear me, rather me wear it.
Is a bit more simply constructed bag I think than the 4920, so assuming is a bit lighter.
Happy searching!

View attachment 3701632 View attachment 3701633
wow, that's huge! I saw one on ebay for a great price several months ago. I'm glad I didn't get it.

Anyone have a pic or accurate dimensions for a Sonoma 4915? I'm at work tonight and can't get the Wayback Machine to work.

From Fall-Holiday 1995. It was discontinued by 1997 and wouldn't have been in the Wayback anyway, since 1997 was the earliest online catalog. The style didn't even make it into the 1996 paper catalogs.
4915_ and 4942_Sonoma Tote Nat+Nubuc_fall-holiday 95.jpg

Last edited:
Curious about the Musette: How many of you own one and what do you like and dislike about it most? I love the look of it, but it looks heavy. I have started to realize that I need to be more careful about carrying the heavy leather bags - as much as I love the look and feel of them! :biggrin:

Curious about the Musette: How many of you own one and what do you like and dislike about it most? I love the look of it, but it looks heavy. I have started to realize that I need to be more careful about carrying the heavy leather bags - as much as I love the look and feel of them! :biggrin:
I own (ahem) several Musettes. It is my favorite vintage bag. How do you plan to use it? I use it like a small briefcase. I don't find it to be terribly heavy for the way in which I use it. I can carry my 13" MacBook Air in it without any issues. It is also good for carrying an iPad. I personally would not like carrying it as an everyday purse. It's too hard to get in and out of, and for me it doesn't really work as anything other than a briefcase-type bag.

I own (ahem) several Musettes. It is my favorite vintage bag. How do you plan to use it? I use it like a small briefcase. I don't find it to be terribly heavy for the way in which I use it. I can carry my 13" MacBook Air in it without any issues. It is also good for carrying an iPad. I personally would not like carrying it as an everyday purse. It's too hard to get in and out of, and for me it doesn't really work as anything other than a briefcase-type bag.
Good to know!! Thank you so much for sharing your experience! I was thinking about using it as a small briefcase as well. I just love how it looks! :biggrin:

Reactions: coach943
http://www.ebay.com/itm/262990579083?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
It is not exactly cheap (there is a make an offer :smile:), but it is does show that if you go for this style, there are light color vintage bags, showing very little signs of wear that are available. I would consider this if I didn't already have a British tan Oliver bag that except for one small scrape, looked like it had never been used. For those of us that no chance in hell of seeing this in a thrift store around the corner. * cough Ravvie cough* :biggrin:

Thank you!! oooohhhhh!!! 14.5"!!! [emoji7]
I own this 4915 style and is very nice!
But FYI even tho it measures 14.5", the zipper opening is about 12.25" across.
Is a problem for me as I wanted to use it as a briefcase and have a hardcover leather paper organizer (12.25" x 9.25")
that I carry everywhere (and transfer from bag to bag), and it will NOT fit into this bag lengthwise.

A 8.5" x11"pad of paper fits and zips. A 3-ring notebook will fit but can't zip.
Am not yet ready to give up my handy organizer to make it work, so bummer!
But it may work for you.

Last edited:
I own this 4915 style and is very nice!
But FYI even tho it measures 14.5", the zipper opening is about 12.25" across.
Is a problem for me as I wanted to use it as a briefcase and have a hardcover leather paper organizer (12.25" x 9.25")
that I carry everywhere (and transfer from bag to bag), and it will NOT fit into this bag lengthwise.

A 8.5" x11"pad of paper fits and zips. A 3-ring notebook will fit but can't zip.
Am not yet ready to give up my handy organizer to make it work, so bummer!
But it may work for you.

Thanks for the insight Sonoma!
The 4920 arrived. It's pretty big and is near mint condition. Can't even call it a rehab. (I did have to glue the hangtag back together, so I guess that makes it a rehab;)Machine washed and pulled the lining out to dry over night. I took it for a spin this morning running errands. I haven't decided I'll put a light coat of Blackrock on or just brush to polish. It looks great.
Do you condition Sonomas?

Thanks for the insight Sonoma!
The 4920 arrived. It's pretty big and is near mint condition. Can't even call it a rehab. (I did have to glue the hangtag back together, so I guess that makes it a rehab;)Machine washed and pulled the lining out to dry over night. I took it for a spin this morning running errands. I haven't decided I'll put a light coat of Blackrock on or just brush to polish. It looks great.
Do you condition Sonomas?
Glad that bag is in such great shape, sounds like you got a deal! Congrats!
I always condition -
I will start with Leather CPR if the leather feels dry.
I always use Blackrock as the final step no matter what. It will pick up a bit of the color and diminish the look of any small scratches, and of course protect the leather. I only brush pebbled leather if it has Blackrock on it tho (once completely dry).

The Coach rehab & Rescue forum is great if you haven't checked it out - I've learned everything from those ladies! (And extra stuff from my own mistakes.)