Vintage Coach Photos & Chat

Have you ever sent a DMCA takedown request? It's not difficult and if you save a template, you can use it in the future.

It looks like he removed it but save the template for future use.

See post #2:

ETA: Here's Facebook's info on how to submit a report:
How do I contact Meta's Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) designated agent?

Copy Link

The fastest and easiest way to send a DMCA report of copyright infringement to our designated agent is to fill out our online form.
If you wish to reach our designated agent through other (and slower) methods, you can contact:
Meta Platforms, Inc.
Attn: Meta Designated Agent
1601 Willow Road
Menlo Park, California 94025
650.543.4800 (phone)
[email protected]
Please keep in mind that if you submit a report to our designated agent by any means other than through our online form, you must include a complete copyright claim.

I kept getting that "page no longer available too". I guess EVERYTHING is "Meta" now.

@katev - the Becket measurements are listed as 12" x 11.25" x 4". Is the 12" tall or wide? How tall is it to the dip of zipper at the lowest/shortest height? (Sorry, hope that makes sense?) Thanks!
The photo does help. I sometimes worry when the shape has a "dip" that can really impact the useable size and I'm haven't actually seen the bag irl.
No rush...when you get a chance, that would be great. Thank you!!
I know exactly what you mean. That curved opening, seen with many hobo and ergo styles, with a zipper tends to be a no-go for me. I feel a little hampered getting in and out of it. I find bags with a flap or zipper on a flatter opening work better for me. I love the look of hobo styles like the Beckett Zip, but I will wait till I see one cheap to test drive it. The Classic Hobo has a shallow enough curve, with generous proportions that seems to work. But it is actually a bit bigger than I need on a daily basis now.
I don't remember having a problem with the curve in the Beckett. The bag with a curve that I hated was the Legacy crescent. It has a flap that follows the curve and never lays correctly. It is a struggle trying to open it.
I get this with the soho flap bag...the top flap never falls back easily.
It's not really the curve per se that's the real concern. The Legacy is stated as being 9" tall which I assume is from the bottom of the bag, but up to what point? Where the handle and the bag meet? Or to the lowest part of the curve? If it's measured to where the handle and bag meet, then the bag is actually an inch or so shorter than 9". Less usable space for contents.

I got my Beckett Zip out and it is 12 inches tall at the sides of the bag and 9 inches tall in the middle of the dip. It's about 11.5 inches wide and it's 3 inches deep near the bottom but 2 inches deep near the top.

So there's not as much useable inside space as there would be in a rectangular bag of the same size.

When I carry bags that are tall and thin, like my Ergo33 Slim bag, I arrange items a little differently, like I put my wallet into the bag vertically instead of horizontally. It works for me.

BeckettZip9920After.jpg

I got my Beckett Zip out and it is 12 inches tall at the sides of the bag and 9 inches tall in the middle of the dip. It's about 11.5 inches wide and it's 3 inches deep near the bottom but 2 inches deep near the top.

So there's not as much useable inside space as there would be in a rectangular bag of the same size.

When I carry bags that are tall and thin, like my Ergo33 Slim bag, I arrange items a little differently, like I put my wallet into the bag vertically instead of horizontally. It works for me.

View attachment 5368102
@katev, I love the navy color of your bag! Thanks so much for getting those measurements. I really appreciate it! It makes sense that Coach would do the measurements that way, but then again, confirmation is nice.

Good morning everyone! Question for you all… This morning I noticed that my 1998 black court does not have an adjustable strap but my 1999 mahogany court bag does…. Which do you think is original? The catalog ads I can find don’t say that the strap is adjustable that I could find. :whut:

Last edited:
Good morning everyone! Question for you all… This morning I noticed that my 1998 black court does not have an adjustable strap but my 1999 mahogany court bag does…. Which do you think is original? The catalog ads I can find don’t say that the strap is adjustable that I could find. :whut:
My 1999 camel court has an adjustable strap.

My 1999 camel court has an adjustable strap.

I just asked this same question the other day! @Hyacinth kindly told me that Coach didn't introduce adjustable straps for the Court bags until around 1997. See the discussion below:

Many years ago I posted photos of a red Court 9870 and it was authenticated by @Hyacinth and @DemRam (see links below) but now I have some questions.

It's finally dawned on me that I didn't post photos of the entire strap in the AT thread and the strap is not adjustable. I am used to Court bags that have adjustable straps, did they ever come with non-adjustable straps? I'm trying to figure out if the strap has been replaced but it matches the color of the bag so it seems original.

Also, the xxxx-xxx serial suggests late 1980s or early 1990s to me (correct?) do you know when Coach produced red Court bags like this? Thanks!

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/authenticate-this-coach.577470/page-380#post-16420406

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/authenticate-this-coach.577470/page-381#post-16422015

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/authenticate-this-coach.577470/page-381#post-16423295

ETA: I may have partially answered my own question, thanks to our wonderful library of Coach Catalogs that were provided by @Hyacinth!

This 1990 Fall Catalog page lists a red Court bag with a detachable strap but it doesn't indicate that the strap is adjustable. I measured the strap and it is 44 inches like the catalog, do our resident experts agree that this is probably the same bag? Thanks again!

View attachment 5368263
Court Bags from the early 1990s had 44-inch non-adjustable straps and the serial number format is from the early 1990s so I don't see any problem with the strap. The first year Coach made them with a buckle adjustment was probably 1997.

Last edited:
OMG, I have a bag similar to the one with the buckle in the front, except on mine the flap goes all the way to the bottom and is probably bigger! Mine's pre-creed. I've never found a name for it.
Wow! The book says the photo is a close up of a Buckled Pouch, for a 1972 Neiman Marcus catalog. The bottom of the page indicates it was offered in white, navy or red. 9" long, 6 1/2" tall, 4" deep. And get this, $30.

Wow! The book says the photo is a close up of a Buckled Pouch, for a 1972 Neiman Marcus catalog. The bottom of the page indicates it was offered in white, navy or red. 9" long, 6 1/2" tall, 4" deep. And get this, $30.
This is exciting!
1972 sounds about right since mine has a metal tag. I paid $50 on ebay but I suspect I could sell it for much more. Mine is about 9 inches long and 4 inches deep, just like that one. If you measure on the inside, it is only 6 1/2 inches tall. If the bag isn't full, the flap hangs down lower than the bag so I thought it was taller. With the flap and the bag stuffed, it is about 7 1/2 inches tall, but the bottom of the flap hits at the bottom of the bag. It is so similar that it makes me wonder if mine was a prototype or the sold product looked more like mine than the catalog picture. I wonder if they may have decided to shorten the flap so the tab wouldn't hang so low. Or...they may have it overstuffed. Look at how high the top of the flap is compared to the the strap. Now I wonder how I can fill it when I carry it so it looks like this.

I can't decide if it is navy or black. It looks navy on the inside. I carry it occasionally. I love this kind of strap "attachment" but I worry it is going to fall apart someday.buckle pouch precreed 20220402_175245.jpg