Vintage Coach Photos & Chat

The design is beautiful! Gave up trying to thin out my collection, I have a British tan one also on the way, I feel like I need this in every color…. If anyone happens to have a matching hangtag :heart: doesn’t appear to have ever been used but it’s missing View attachment 5365271View attachment 5365273
Is this the Beckett Zip? I once rehabbed the Navy one below and they really are lovely bags - and larger than most vintage bags which is nice. My blue one was in very rough shape and although it came out much improved, it's not nearly as nice as your your green one, that's gorgeous! Please post a picture of your tan bag when you get it!

View attachment 5365446

@curlizm487 The Beckett Zip 9920 was introduced in the 1993 Holiday Catalog (graciously shared by @Hyacinth!) and it states that it came in "Red, Black, Bone, British Tan, Mahogany, Navy, Purple, and Stone" but it doesn't mention Green like your bag. (I'm guessing that "stone" is gray?)

ETA: Never mind! Green wasn't listed in the 1993 Holiday Preview Catalog, but "Bottle Green" was included in the actual 1993 Holiday Catalog, see below.

1648440937566.png

Last edited:
@curlizm487 The Beckett Zip 9920 was introduced in the 1993 Holiday Catalog (graciously shared by @Hyacinth!) and it states that it came in "Red, Black, Bone, British Tan, Mahogany, Navy, Purple, and Stone" but it doesn't mention Green like your bag. (I'm guessing that "stone" is gray?)

ETA: Never mind! Green wasn't listed in the 1993 Holiday Preview Catalog, but "Bottle Green" was included in the actual 1993 Holiday Catalog, see below.

View attachment 5365461

it also came in jade, though not sure what year? The seller included this photo in their listing9C090FB3-9801-4906-8813-5F4DC58EE386.jpeg

it also came in jade, though not sure what year? The seller included this photo in their listingView attachment 5365492
I think I have that exact green bag and it is a '96.My Mom and I wee shopping at the Coach/Champion outlet in Lancaster, PA. I paid full price for the above bag $135, and got a large red duffle on sale for $99. It was a Coach-a-palooza day I won't forget. In addition to that I gt a Sheridan shoulder bag and matching wallet. The wallet has been in steady use since then and I still carry it to this day. The main reason I remember everything is because Champion made tons of sweatshirts and tees for the '96 Olympics in Atlanta. If I remember correctly, there was even a dark green Stewardess bag with the Olympic rings on the flap.

The design is beautiful! Gave up trying to thin out my collection, I have a British tan one also on the way, I feel like I need this in every color…. If anyone happens to have a matching hangtag :heart: doesn’t appear to have ever been used but it’s missing View attachment 5365271View attachment 5365273
I used to have this in purple! I sold it because at the time it frustrated me that I couldn't wear it as a hobo. I wasn't wearing my bags crossbody then.

View attachment 5365461
I’m starting to think it is bottle green too though, other bags in the color jade look much lighter

I used to have this in purple! I sold it because at the time it frustrated me that I couldn't wear it as a hobo. I wasn't wearing my bags crossbody then.
I've seen listings for the jade Becket and the color was much brighter than that. I wonder if my purple was considered sapphire? It wasn't blue, it was purple. View attachment 5365545

Purple Wow! The 1993 Holiday Preview Catalog mentions purple and specifically references the "Introduction of the color purple"! Your bag looks purple, not sapphire!

1648474705629.png

I've seen listings for the jade Becket and the color was much brighter than that. I wonder if my purple was considered sapphire? It wasn't blue, it was purple. View attachment 5365545

Does anyone have a picture of the Sapphire Beckett Zip 9920?

When I bought mine for $12 at the thrift store it was in terrible shape, but the color looked a brighter blue to me (see below) because vintage Coach navy bags were often very dark; but after the rehab it turned dark blue so I decided it was navy, but I would love to see this bag in sapphire! (I'd like to see it in Mango also!)

I think that the Beckett Zip 9920 is an under-appreciated vintage Coach bag. It's large, it's can be worn crossbody, it has an easy-access zip top, and it comes in a wide range of colors - including some non-traditional vintage colors like purple, sapphire, mango, and jade!

It also has some unusual style features, the strap widens on both sides near the bottom by the unique "ball rivet?" adjustable connection.

Navy Beckett Zip 9920 Before:
BeckettZip9920Before.jpg

Navy Beckett Zip 9920 After:
(Note, the hangtag was missing so I used a Coach charm for these photos, but later I replaced it with a navy leather hangtag)
BeckettZip9920After.jpg

BeckettZip9920After2.jpg

Last edited:
I think I have that exact green bag and it is a '96.My Mom and I wee shopping at the Coach/Champion outlet in Lancaster, PA. I paid full price for the above bag $135, and got a large red duffle on sale for $99. It was a Coach-a-palooza day I won't forget. In addition to that I gt a Sheridan shoulder bag and matching wallet. The wallet has been in steady use since then and I still carry it to this day. The main reason I remember everything is because Champion made tons of sweatshirts and tees for the '96 Olympics in Atlanta. If I remember correctly, there was even a dark green Stewardess bag with the Olympic rings on the flap.

Wow, you got some great items and I love that you still carry the Sheridan wallet!

The Beckett Zip 9920 at the link below is listed as "Mahogany" but I'm thinking that it's really the elusive "Stone" color because it looks gray to me!

And this one is listed as "Navy" but it looks purple to my eyes!

Here's another catalog listing for the Beckett Zip:

1648480492971.png

Last edited:
The Beckett Zip 9920 at the link below is listed as "Mahogany" but I'm thinking that it's really the elusive "Stone" color because it looks gray to me!

And this one is listed as "Navy" but it looks purple to my eyes!

Here's another catalog listing for the Beckett Zip:

View attachment 5365716
@katev - the Becket measurements are listed as 12" x 11.25" x 4". Is the 12" tall or wide? How tall is it to the dip of zipper at the lowest/shortest height? (Sorry, hope that makes sense?) Thanks!