Vintage Coach Photos & Chat

I've been on the hunt for VC bags that are great for tall people. For anyone else on the same quest, I've found the Multi-zip (pictured) has a fantastic strap length as well as the Prairie bag and of course Willis. Does anyone have a Willis or Prairie bag collection picture they are willing to share? I have 3 so far but want every color I can get my hands on. I have yet to find a more perfect all-around bag than the Willis. :heart:
20220312_152738.jpg

I've been on the hunt for VC bags that are great for tall people. For anyone else on the same quest, I've found the Multi-zip (pictured) has a fantastic strap length as well as the Prairie bag and of course Willis. Does anyone have a Willis or Prairie bag collection picture they are willing to share? I have 3 so far but want every color I can get my hands on. I have yet to find a more perfect all-around bag than the Willis. :heart:
View attachment 5364642

I am around 5’-5”, so not tall, but I have found that bags made in the late 1990s that come with adjustable straps - those straps tend to be on the longer side. I have a court bag with such a long drop I have to wear it on the shortest setting.

Also, have you checked out the large side pack (9979)? It is a medium size bag that has a longer drop as well.

About your multi zip - I have been looking at one just now! Is it a heavy bag?

I am around 5’-5”, so not tall, but I have found that bags made in the late 1990s that come with adjustable straps - those straps tend to be on the longer side. I have a court bag with such a long drop I have to wear it on the shortest setting.

Also, have you checked out the large side pack (9979)? It is a medium size bag that has a longer drop as well.

About your multi zip - I have been looking at one just now! Is it a heavy bag?
Thank you for the tip on the late 90's bags!

I have not tried a sidepack but I will be on the hunt for one now; thanks for the suggestion!

IMO, the Multi-Zip is not heavy at all. For me it's super comfortable and a very practical bag. I noticed the leather tab that connects to the zipper pull is thinner than your typical VC (which is probably why many on the resale market are missing the leather pull, so watch for that). I'll probably add a small charm to the brass pull on this bag to avoid losing the leather tab over time.

View attachment 5364642
Search the thread/forum for @Paris Girl ’s hugeee Willis collection

View attachment 5364642

The Italian-made Coach Madison bags from the 1990s have very long straps but they are are more structured and dressier than many of the classic vintage bags like the Prairie Bag or the Willis so they may not be what you are looking for. See the catalog pics below, the Biltmore has a 59" strap.

1994_HolidayCatalog_Drake_Carlyle.jpg

ItalyBags_4413_4414_4417_Madison 2-tones-Spr1996.jpg

4400_Spring1996 Madison colors-a.jpg

View attachment 5364642
I thrifted one of these ( Multi Zip) recently but I can't get past the zippered section in the middle. I can't use any of my wallets with this bag :sad: And it's BT and great condition after dunking.
But fortunately my Janice, Berk Zip, City and Oliver work. I am 5'8 1/2".

My first Vintage Madison Italy French Purse Wallet 4473! So functional!
Thanks for showing all the angles on this wallet! I really like what I see. I started using a Coach wallet I thrifted 2 years ago (it was probably from the mid '00's) and fell in love with the way the leather lining feels! I have since bought two wallets directly from Coach and another thrifted one. I will keep this style on my radar!

I thrifted one of these ( Multi Zip) recently but I can't get past the zippered section in the middle. I can't use any of my wallets with this bag :sad: And it's BT and great condition after dunking.

I’m sorry the multi zip didn’t work out! Especially since you’ve already done the work to clean it up. Would it be possible to condition the leather in the middle section more so that it becomes softer, more pliable?

For me, I was curious about the bag because of the zippered section. My SLGs (though not all leather) are pretty flat so I though it would be nice to have built in organization because otherwise my stuff tend to just lay flat on the bottom in a larger bag like this.

The Italian-made Coach Madison bags from the 1990s have very long straps but they are are more structured and dressier than many of the classic vintage bags like the Prairie Bag or the Willis so they may not be what you are looking for. See the catalog pics below, the Biltmore has a 59" strap.

View attachment 5364861

View attachment 5364862

View attachment 5364863
Ive got my first made in Italy Carlyle coming this week...I think the colour I have is granite. Will see when it goes thru AT

View attachment 5364861

View attachment 5364862

View attachment 5364863
Oh man, this will be a fun rabbit hole to go down! 59" straps are an exciting possibility for me, lol! Thanks so much for suggesting!

I'm sorry it doesn't fit well with your wallets; how disappointing! I typically use a slim wallet which fits nicely, but I do have to say I know that middle compartments in general can be a polarizing feature in a bag and it's a drag having to buy extra SLGs just to fit one bag.

The design is beautiful! Gave up trying to thin out my collection, I have a British tan one also on the way, I feel like I need this in every color…. If anyone happens to have a matching hangtag :heart: doesn’t appear to have ever been used but it’s missing View attachment 5365271View attachment 5365273

Is this the Beckett Zip? I once rehabbed the Navy one below and they really are lovely bags - and larger than most vintage bags which is nice. My blue one was in very rough shape and although it came out much improved, it's not nearly as nice as your your green one, that's gorgeous! Please post a picture of your tan bag when you get it!

1648438794663.png