Vintage Coach Photos & Chat

Paris Girl

Aug 30, 2019
I used to want a Kitchenaid but I waited too long to get it, then decided it wouldn't get enough use. I just have a Sunbeam, which is fine for me. I only use it occasionally.
I’m on vacation at our St Croix villa the first year I had it and found myself missing it. Lol! And here was our view of the Caribbean Sea and Buck Island. And I was thinking I wish I could make something in my Kitchenaid stand mixer. Lol! I don’t think the brand is as important as the mixer type. I need the stand mixer to do Swiss buttercream, royal icing, and certain recipes where a hand mixer doesn’t have enough power.

Surprisingly, I use it a lot. I bake for fun and share with friends, family, and coworkers. I don’t eat it myself or I’d gain a ton! I made these fun cookie-topped Godiva chocolate cupcakes for an event for my husband’s company. The cookies are royal iced with company initials. They are sitting on a puffy blue buttercream “sky”. They were a big hit. (That other dessert is a lemon cheesecake topped with homemade lemon curd from my own recipes.) I do things like chocolate flowers, French pastries, tall layer cakes and torts. My hubby got the idea to treat my sister and I to a French pastry class on our last trip to Paris and we had a blast!

Attachments

Lake Effect

Feb 25, 2017
The Garden State
Its just a garage really but it works for me.
View attachment 4997230 View attachment 4997231 View attachment 4997232 View attachment 4997233 View attachment 4997234 View attachment 4997235
And the other side is my mums Dolls House and my scarf collection.

Please excuse the messy garden..finding it hard to garden these days.
This is great. I love the vibe of the visual display with a few bags looking like they are hanging about like they are lounging lol. You have helped me to realize I'd like a cabinet like you have for my bags. :smile: Wonderful collection.

lazysundays

May 13, 2016
Vancouver, Canada
@Narnanz I want to come live in your she-shed with your bags and dollhouse! That Rugrats cake is the cutest! My 23 year old loved rugrats when he was a wee little guy.

Also, dangit, I might build myself a she-shed this summer. Window a/c and I have a place to hide!

ETA...lol Narnal :lol::lol::lol: I have switched from coffee to wine, so...
I like this plan! Totally upping the game with a/c!

Reactions: Jacynthe

LadaZuri

Jun 8, 2020
I’m on vacation at our St Croix villa the first year I had it and found myself missing it. Lol! And here was our view of the Caribbean Sea and Buck Island. And I was thinking I wish I could make something in my Kitchenaid stand mixer. Lol! I don’t think the brand is as important as the mixer type. I need the stand mixer to do Swiss buttercream, royal icing, and certain recipes where a hand mixer doesn’t have enough power.

Surprisingly, I use it a lot. I bake for fun and share with friends, family, and coworkers. I don’t eat it myself or I’d gain a ton! I made these fun cookie-topped Godiva chocolate cupcakes for an event for my husband’s company. The cookies are royal iced with company initials. They are sitting on a puffy blue buttercream “sky”. They were a big hit. (That other dessert is a lemon cheesecake topped with homemade lemon curd from my own recipes.) I do things like chocolate flowers, French pastries, tall layer cakes and torts. My hubby got the idea to treat my sister and I to a French pastry class on our last trip to Paris and we had a blast!
OMG!!! You are amazing!!! :loveeyes:

whateve

Authenticator
O.G.
May 10, 2010

Your view is heavenly! I've always wanted to go to St. Croix. In my 20s, I took a cruise to the Caribbean and loved it. I fantasized about getting a job in the US Virgin Islands so I could live there. I was sick when we got to St. John so I never got to see it.

My days of enjoying cooking and baking are past. I used to love to make cookies. I did it pretty much every weekend. DH only likes certain types of cookies so if I bake, I have to make those to keep him from feeling left out, which curbs my enthusiasm. I make a really good lemon chiffon pie we both love.

My SIL used to have a cake making business.

whateve

Authenticator
O.G.
May 10, 2010
Ive inherited some...I tried making icing objects but my hands get too hot so the icing melts. My mothers hands stayed cool.
I was 4 when I sewed up all my dolls clothes by myself...but have no patience now at all with the sewing machine.
My sister and I made all our dolls' clothes. My mother wouldn't buy us store bought doll clothes. She wasn't much of a seamstress. She taught us the basics but we both surpassed her. I remember my mother giving up on making me a dress when I was about 7. When I was a teen and in my early 20s, I made a lot of my clothes. Back when I was a teen, they didn't make bikinis for women with big busts so I had to make my own. When I started working, I made some of my own suits. I worked with a man who made his own suits too. It is no longer economical to make your own clothes. It is only worth it to get a style you can't buy.

Paris Girl

Aug 30, 2019

aerinha

Feb 26, 2012
USA
Omg! I just used an Amodex stain remover wipe to remove ink marks from a Coach bag. They came off effortlessly! Love these wipes! My niece got ink on a $250 bag I gave her so I told her I’d work on it. I’m amazed it was so easy. I did not take before photo but it was pink ballpoint pen marks on pebbled leather.
Was any of it old set in ink or was it all new? Just curious if it might work on rehab projects.

Paris Girl

Aug 30, 2019
My sister and I made all our dolls' clothes. My mother wouldn't buy us store bought doll clothes. She wasn't much of a seamstress. She taught us the basics but we both surpassed her. I remember my mother giving up on making me a dress when I was about 7. When I was a teen and in my early 20s, I made a lot of my clothes. Back when I was a teen, they didn't make bikinis for women with big busts so I had to make my own. When I started working, I made some of my own suits. I worked with a man who made his own suits too. It is no longer economical to make your own clothes. It is only worth it to get a style you can't buy.
I also made my own clothes and I could make a fully lined suit in a weekend. My grandma taught me little tricks and shortcuts so I usually didn’t follow patten instructions. I also designed and handknitted my own sweaters. I would go looking for shoes to match my new outfit and be disappointed in what I found in stores. I thought “I wish I could make my own shoes too.” Lol! One of the reasons I made my own clothes is I could have silk dresses and blouses that could be handwashed. I’d preshrink the fabrics and then make designer Vogue garments. Saved a ton in drycleaning.

This usually meant my clothes were unique but one time I was walking down the hall at my office and was wearing a vest and straight fitted skirt I’d made from Cotten velveteen. Only one other person was in the same hallway and she had the exact same outfit except the reverse in fabrics! My vest was a print and skirt solid. Hers was a solid vest and print skirt. We had the exact same fabrics! I asked if she’d made her outfit and she said no, she’d bought hers!

Kitana0808

Jun 9, 2019
Hi, since I am not an authenticator, I thought I would move my response over here since your bag is vintage. The neutrals can be tricky to pin down. I believe the official color of your bag could be taupe. It was offered in late 1995 which is the timeframe for your bag. I have a bag that color too and was surprised when it arrived after buying it on line. I was expecting a rich, deep brown. It has since grown on me. I hope you enjoy your bag!
Hi thanks so much for your input. Its definitely an odd color but still a nice bag!

lazysundays

May 13, 2016
Vancouver, Canada
I also made my own clothes and I could make a fully lined suit in a weekend. My grandma taught me little tricks and shortcuts so I usually didn’t follow patten instructions. I also designed and handknitted my own sweaters. I would go looking for shoes to match my new outfit and be disappointed in what I found in stores. I thought “I wish I could make my own shoes too.” Lol! One of the reasons I made my own clothes is I could have silk dresses and blouses that could be handwashed. I’d preshrink the fabrics and then make designer Vogue garments. Saved a ton in drycleaning.

This usually meant my clothes were unique but one time I was walking down the hall at my office and was wearing a vest and straight fitted skirt I’d made from Cotten velveteen. Only one other person was in the same hallway and she had the exact same outfit except the reverse in fabrics! My vest was a print and skirt solid. Hers was a solid vest and print skirt. We had the exact same fabrics! I asked if she’d made her outfit and she said no, she’d bought hers!
A baker, a knitter and a seamstress? On top of that, a great rehabber. What do you NOT do?! :tup: I wish I could make my own bags and shoes. Not much patience (or skill) in crafting but I do love to cook.:giggle:

Paris Girl

Aug 30, 2019
A baker, a knitter and a seamstress? On top of that, a great rehabber. What do you NOT do?! :tup: I wish I could make my own bags and shoes. Not much patience (or skill) in crafting but I do love to cook.:giggle:
Well, other than hosting dinner parties I really don’t like to cook so you’re one up on me. Lol! It’s my DIYer roots I guess. I’m good with power tools too. I made a daybed for my cabin loft for $200 in two days that cost $1600 at Pottery Barn. And I made this mirror for $125 sold at pottery Barn for $900. That is not including delivery charge and taxes!

Attachments

lazysundays

May 13, 2016
Vancouver, Canada
Well, other than hosting dinner parties I really don’t like to cook so you’re one up on me. Lol! It’s my DIYer roots I guess. I’m good with power tools too. I made a daybed for my cabin loft for $200 in two days that cost $1600 at Pottery Barn. And I made this mirror for $125 sold at pottery Barn for $900. That is not including delivery charge and taxes!
Wow!! :loveeyes: