Vintage Coach Photos & Chat

This might be a silly question but why not- as far as vintage or legacy coach- (I’m talking bags like the Willis, rambler Patricia) is the red all the same?
No, it isn't. With early vintage there seems to be two colors, a brighter one and a darker one, but still red. Both are gorgeous. I got a very dark red awhile ago I didn't like at all. I didn't even know they made a color like that.

This might be a silly question but why not- as far as vintage or legacy coach- (I’m talking bags like the Willis, rambler Patricia) is the red all the same?

To add to what @whateve said, if you look at enough vintage coach bags, you’ll soon realize that almost all of the colours have slight variations. My guess is that depending on what plant & year the bag was made, the dye batch probably had a little something extra added or missing which resulted in the inconsistencies of colours. Im just speculationg, but seems like the most logical explanation.

To add to what @whateve said, if you look at enough vintage coach bags, you’ll soon realize that almost all of the colours have slight variations. My guess is that depending on what plant & year the bag was made, the dye batch probably had a little something extra added or missing which resulted in the inconsistencies of colours. Im just speculationg, but seems like the most logical explanation.
To make it even more complicated, leather develop patina and darken over time, each bag may aging (gracefuly) differently too.

This photo covers about 20 years of vintage red from the late 70's (I think - pre-creed cartouche red Courier) to the late 90's. They all look a little different to me!

ETA: could be mid 70's to mid or late 90's too. I'll have to check in the morning. I just watched a really scary documentary and now I'm too scared to get out from under my blankets. :shocked:

20200822_113845.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks again. Does anyone know what color coach would call this? Light brown maybe but its a weird brown color.
Hi, since I am not an authenticator, I thought I would move my response over here since your bag is vintage. The neutrals can be tricky to pin down. I believe the official color of your bag could be taupe. It was offered in late 1995 which is the timeframe for your bag. I have a bag that color too and was surprised when it arrived after buying it on line. I was expecting a rich, deep brown. It has since grown on me. I hope you enjoy your bag!

I remember seeing a very similar bag that was taller. I can't remember what it was called but I think it had a generic name. I would have thought the catalog picture was that one but the style numbers matched the bags I have.
I was reading this thread and noticed the red bag in this link looks like a taller Hailey but I can't see the creed to look it up. I wonder if this is the similar style you were talking about? https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/115407056

I love scary!! What was it called? Im curious now lol :lol:
It's called Missing 411: The Hunted. It's on YouTube. It's about people going missing in or near national parks under unusual circumstances such as no signs of foul play or wild animal activity.

The second to last story spooked me. They played a recording of an unidentified animal making scary noises in the woods. It was recorded by hunters hiding in their shelter and when the hunters would make noises in response to the animal, the animal would mimic the humans. I don't know why it scared me, it's really not that bad. I feel kinda silly now. :blush:

I live right off of a poorly lit semi-wooded walking trail and two times I have been startled on that trail at 3am when I take my dogs out to go potty before work. Once, I turned around to find a man just a few feet away from me but walking away from me. I didn't hear him come through the trees and he didn't pass me from the front so where did he come from? It is possible that he was walking toward me and turned around when he got a few feet away from me. Maybe I spooked him too, it's not a well lit trail.

The second time, I saw two tall, light colored, extremely skinny, bipedal things walking slowly down the trail in the dark. They were not people, they didn't appear to have arms and they were way too skinny to be people. I told my friend about it at work that day and she suggested they were cranes (tall skinny birds) but only owls are nocturnal. Staying quiet at night is a bird's natural self defense, there's no way a pair of cranes would be walking down a trail in the dark. The only thing I can think of is that I was seeing two deer facing me head on from the front and maybe they were walking diagonally or on a diagonal path from me which gave them the appearance of being bipedal and walking slowly but I'm not sure. I stared at them for several minutes until they walked out of view and I just couldn't figure out what they were. Nothing makes sense about what I saw. It was really creepy. I take my dogs out to the street to go potty now. I don't go on the trail in the dark anymore. I think the documentary just reminded me of those times.