Vintage Coach Photos & Chat

Lake Effect

Feb 25, 2017
The Garden State
I just saw this Coach promo on Vogue Japan. Did they fuse two vintage styles to create one bag? :huh:
View attachment 4998353
So when they brought out the Coach Originals line, they offered several bags that were what they called a “remix”. I found the thread where we discussing them. There was a lot of buzz and chatter at the time. This is when they had the pop up stores and started to promote restored bags too. It really wasn’t that long ago. I am guessing Debi the Restorer sourced the bag for them and their craftspeople put them together.
I found the idea of attaching three Dinky’s to the body of a large bag fascinating! Google Remix Dinky and it will give you an idea of what it looked like overall. This takes you back to the thread we’re the line got introduced.
I am totally intrigued by this:

Last edited:

kistae

Apr 24, 2020
So when they brought out the Coach Originals line, they offered several bags that were what they called a “remix”. I found the thread where we discussing them. There was a lot of buzz and chatter at the time. This is when they had the pop up stores and started to promote restored bags too. It really wasn’t that long ago. I am guessing Debi the Restorer sourced the bag for them and their craftspeople put them together.
I found the idea of attaching three Dinky’s to the body of a large bag fascinating! Google Remix Dinky and it will give you an idea of what it looked like overall. This takes you back to the thread we’re the line got introduced.
Stacking the Dinkys together looks pretty neat but the amount of hardware to keep pristine on one bag is just too much haha. Also that pricetag O.O

whateve

Authenticator
O.G.
May 10, 2010
This is one of the first flowers I made with tinted white chocolate. The hard part was cutting the cake after I put it on top!
That looks beautiful! I'm terrible at making cakes look good. Mine are always lopsided! DH's birthday is coming up so I guess I'll have to bake one. I'm not much of a cake eater but he loves chocolate cake. I'd rather have a torte.

Paris Girl

Aug 30, 2019
That looks beautiful! I'm terrible at making cakes look good. Mine are always lopsided! DH's birthday is coming up so I guess I'll have to bake one. I'm not much of a cake eater but he loves chocolate cake. I'd rather have a torte.
Thanks! I’m not a fan of eating cake either but I like making them. I ass my own ingredients like sour cream and espresso or hot coffeee to make a chocolate cake. Mine come out with a different texture than your regular cake. I will message you some of my tricks for getting a level cake....

Jun 4, 2017
I’m on vacation at our St Croix villa the first year I had it and found myself missing it. Lol! And here was our view of the Caribbean Sea and Buck Island. And I was thinking I wish I could make something in my Kitchenaid stand mixer. Lol! I don’t think the brand is as important as the mixer type. I need the stand mixer to do Swiss buttercream, royal icing, and certain recipes where a hand mixer doesn’t have enough power.

Surprisingly, I use it a lot. I bake for fun and share with friends, family, and coworkers. I don’t eat it myself or I’d gain a ton! I made these fun cookie-topped Godiva chocolate cupcakes for an event for my husband’s company. The cookies are royal iced with company initials. They are sitting on a puffy blue buttercream “sky”. They were a big hit. (That other dessert is a lemon cheesecake topped with homemade lemon curd from my own recipes.) I do things like chocolate flowers, French pastries, tall layer cakes and torts. My hubby got the idea to treat my sister and I to a French pastry class on our last trip to Paris and we had a blast!
OMG your view is amazing. I miss the Caribbean so much!

Reactions: LadaZuri

whateve

Authenticator
O.G.
May 10, 2010

Lake Effect

Feb 25, 2017
The Garden State
Stacking the Dinkys together looks pretty neat but the amount of hardware to keep pristine on one bag is just too much haha. Also that pricetag O.O
Yes! The insane price tag! Someone actually made a remix bag of their own. The other remix style Coach offered was a large portfolio style with a Dinky on the side and thicker straps with rivets. Lol don’t be surprised if you ever see me revealing one here!

kistae

Apr 24, 2020
Yes! The insane price tag! Someone actually made a remix bag of their own. The other remix style Coach offered was a large portfolio style with a Dinky on the side and thicker straps with rivets. Lol don’t be surprised if you ever see me revealing one here!
Omg that is ingenious and the results look pretty cool!

Reactions: LadaZuri

kistae

Apr 24, 2020

I wonder how high this will go.
Wow I'm definitely watching this. I'm guessing it'd end at around the 250 mark? *grabs popcorn*