Totally worth it-totally not worth it!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. This is such a lovely, fun thread and I am sure I will be editing my list yearly...

In terms of re-sale n value for money:

Worth It: All my real Gold Jewelry (18k and above), Diamond Ring, A ruby Necklace and a bunch of precious stone Pendants (those Emrald, Sapphire set in either yellow or white Gold)

Not Worth it: All costume jewelry, Swarovski stuff and Silver things that I over paid for.

In terms of Usage:

Worth it: All the sterling silver stuff that I collected during my travel, Watches, Diamond Ring. These things I wear often and use them waay more than all the Gold and Precious stone stuff that I have.

Not worth it: Jewelry that is used probably once or twice a year for special occassion.

When I was young, I enjoyed all my Swarovski. I would not call it not worth it, because at one point of time, it was WORTH...:smile:

2. May I ask why you prefer the Pandora over Trollbeads?

You ladies also welcome to post your comments, why do you prefer one over the other?

3. Worth it - most of my Tiffany pieces, Hermes clic-clac bangle

Not worth it - Tiffany 1837 ring, Whiteflash jewellery, Pandora bracelet

4. Cool thread, nice to hear how different are the worth it and not worth it lists of different people.

Worth it: all my crystal jewelry collection, lots of Konplott designer pieces and then Swarowski, totally worth it to me, so much fun and very unique designs, youthful

Not worth it: pretty much all the gold stuff, got rid of most, very little fun for me compared to crystals and the designs are never as interesting to me

5. Worth it - all my tiffany & pandora and my Mens Armani watch as I wear them all the time - my dior oui ring - i love it!

Not worth it - all my yellow gold i bought through my teens & 20's, my south sea pearl necklace & earrings (cost a bomb - although I may wear them more when I am older), my 1 ct gold diamond studs and the matching 1 ct yellow gold diamond pendant (thinking of changing them to white gold) and all my other $500 - $1000 designer watches I thought I needed but never wear. Thinking of selling alot of it to put towards a VC & A necklace & studs.

Oh, forgot my e-ring. Not worth it as my Nanna gave me her gorgeous 45th wedding anniversary sapphire and diamond ring that is just like Kate Middletons and cost a fortune not too long after we were engaged - and i wear that now that she is passed on. I sometimes wear my e-ring, but as it was only small (good quality though) I want to get the diamond upgraded to a 1.25 ct and add a halo around it for a wedding anniversary present next year.

6. Worth it - chopard watch and ring, raymond Weil watch, 18k White gold and diamond bracelet, tennis bracelet, marni costume necklaces, black diamond White diamond pave ring

not worth it - tiffany silver jewellery, Chanel pearl necklace, garrard silver wing ring, Hermes rivale bracelet

I'm in two minds about my pandora bracelet - I go through phases of wearing it.

7. Worth it:
    * Omega diamond & sapphire watch (photo attached);
    * diamond & sapphire ring (just bought it so I'm not bored with it yet);
    * My cheap Swarovski jewelry (fun for when I want some cheap bling, or when I don't think my good jewelry will be safe)
    * My Fope Flex bracelets (one each in white, rose, and yellow 18k gold -- photo attached. Fope is an underrated brand here on tPF)

Not worth it:
    * Concord watch (too sporty for my current tastes; I got bored with it quickly);
    * Lake Biwa pearls (truly gorgeous freshwater pearls from Lake Biwa, which is too polluted to produce pearls. I love them but pearl prices are in the basement now, and I paid like 1k for them)
    * A funky sterling charm bracelet with a ton of artisan-crafted hearts on it. It's cute but I prefer more classic styles, and this is more shabby chic...plus all those individual hearts added up to a much higher cost than it's worth to me.

On the fence about:
    * My Hermes bangle bracelets. I have a ton of them, they weren't cheap, and they are a bit gaudy to me now.

Attached Files:

8. The only kind of jewelry I bought and wasn't worth it at all was some hand made elaborate pieces of an "up and coming" artist using semiprecious stones. I got a few bracelets for friends, and a series of necklaces for me. 2 of the necklaces fell apart, and the 3rd one I gave it away as a present to my MIL. Horrible quality, hippy-ish feel, which is not my thing at all, and all in all a huge waste of money.

9. I think this is one of my best threads that I ever started - LOL! I really enjoy reading it and I'm grateful to those that keep bringing it back. I wonder if I purchase a Sydney Evan evil eye necklace, if it will go in the "worth it" or "not worth it" side in a year or so.

10. I go back and forth with a diamond piece sign. I think a diamond piece sign is adorable; however, I feel that it may not be worth it to me in a few years from now.

11. I like the diamond peace sign too! Are you looking at a specific designer one? I think Roberto Coin has one.

12. I was looking at the Tiffany metro. It is $700.00.

13. cool and intresting thread

worth it: bvlagari baracelet, all my yellow and white gold piences, my michele watch, aquamaster watch, RSW watch, hermes kelly watch and ebel (mum gave it as a present), my diamond bracelet and fray wille bracelete

not worth it: all th money i spend on designer shoes but what 2 do i have noniuns and they are the most comfortable one! and i dont regret any jewlery or custume jewlary i bought

14. i love your fope bracelet, do you mind if i ask how much it was?

15. Not at all. I bought the Fope bracelets about 4 years ago. At the time, the retail price was ~3,000 USD each. I bought them from an Italian jewelry distributor for about 45% less.

Since then they have increased in price dramatically.

I recommend all Fope pieces, even at the current prices. They are solid gold and well-made. They have a few silver pieces that have rhodium mixed in with the silver to make it anti-tarnish (it's not a rhodium plating).

contributor likes this.