TODS lover thread II

I wanted to post some pictures of the inside of my bag for future reference. It is almost impossible to get a decent picture of stampings on patent leather. I tried with and without the flash and these were the best results. :smile:
THANK YOU!

Those pictures are so helpful! It's a real challenge to take those photos of the inside zipper area on a black bag.

kbalag-

The bag is definitely authentic. Everything inside is as it should be and I ordered from a reputable site. I just wasn't aware that there are so many different styles of this bag. I guess the point I was trying to make is that the little details that are missing in the style I bought are details that to me make a D-bag look like a D-bag.

So my question is not really about authenticity (sorry I wasn't clear in my previous post) as I have no doubt that mine is authentic, but more about the style I bought. It sounds like you have several different styles, including the one I bought. Do you prefer one over the others or do they really look pretty much the same to you? I know this sounds crazy, but I am all about the little details!

While I prefer as few logos and as little hardware as possible, I love all of my D-bags equally--they are great everyday bags. To me, they do not look "pretty much the same," as I have New D-bags Media (and some Grandes) and several variations of the Restyled D-bag (media, media tote, grande, etc.), although my friends all think they look the same. However, I tend to favor my New D-bags Media (the most classic D-bag, in my opinion), as I don't really like how the handles on the Restyled D-bags are attached to the bag. I think that the small leather pieces at the base of the handles and the studs are a little sloppy-looking. That said, sometimes I need handles that fold down, so the Restyled D-bag is the bag du jour. Overall, you can't go wrong with a D-bag, whatever the style. I hope you enjoy carrying your lovely new D-bag--it's a great bag!

While I prefer as few logos and as little hardware as possible, I love all of my D-bags equally--they are great everyday bags. To me, they do not look "pretty much the same," as I have New D-bags Media (and some Grandes) and several variations of the Restyled D-bag (media, media tote, grande, etc.), although my friends all think they look the same. However, I tend to favor my New D-bags Media (the most classic D-bag, in my opinion), as I don't really like how the handles on the Restyled D-bags are attached to the bag. I think that the small leather pieces at the base of the handles and the studs are a little sloppy-looking. That said, sometimes I need handles that fold down, so the Restyled D-bag is the bag du jour. Overall, you can't go wrong with a D-bag, whatever the style. I hope you enjoy carrying your lovely new D-bag--it's a great bag!

I agree with you about the handles folding down. For me, this is a pretty big bag. I'm going to be flying next week and I'm already worried that I won't be able to fit it under the chair in front of me as I know the flight attendant is going to ask me to put it there. It definitely wouldn't fit if the handles stood straight up. One tpf suggestion I got was to place it in it's dustbag and then in the overhead compartment. I thought that was a great idea, except ppl on the plane might think I'm weird!

One other question for you: Do the handles soften over time? Maybe mine are more stiff because of the patent leather, but they do hurt my shoulder. I'm used to my LV batignolles tote that has longer flat straps and it's so comfortable on my shoulder, even with a tank top. Right now I've been carrying the D-bag on my arm because my winter coats are too bulky, but when warmer weather comes I'll want to use it as a shoulder bag.

Last edited:
hi can i check if it is possible for Tods bag to have riri zippers instead of Lampo zippers?

thank you in advance :smile:

The Tod's Boomerang I just got from the outlet has riri (2007 model?), as does my Hogan bag (also outlet)

I think someone else here has the boomerang and if it wasn't from the outlet it would be interesting to see what the zipper is.

My two older bags both have lampo (as does one bag I'd decided was fake. I use it as a bang-around bag and may feel bad if at some point I find out it isn't.)

My two older bags both have lampo (as does one bag I'd decided was fake. I use it as a bang-around bag and may feel bad if at some point I find out it isn't.)

Eep! Now you have me worried! I recently managed to score both black & brandy Miky Nomades during the Saks sale. Inside the brandy Miky, the logo & phrases are deeply embossed; however, inside the black Miky, the logo is shallowly embossed with white print:

DSCN1158-1.jpg

DSCN1156-1.jpg

DSCN1157.jpg

I had checked out all the rivets/zippers/etc, and they match between the black and brandy Mikys, so I just chalked it up to the black one being different. But now I'm wondering: is my Miky authentic? :sad:

TIA!

Last edited:
Eep! Now you have me worried! I recently managed to score both black & brandy Miky Nomades during the Saks sale. Inside the brandy Miky, the logo & phrases are deeply embossed; however, inside the black Miky, the logo is shallowly embossed with white print:

DSCN1158-1.jpg

DSCN1156-1.jpg

DSCN1157.jpg

I had checked out all the rivets/zippers/etc, and they match between the black and brandy Mikys, so I just chalked it up to the black one being different. But now I'm wondering: is my Miky authentic? :sad:

TIA!

The bag in these pictures is AUTHENTIC! No need to worry. Is that the one you think is fake? Post pictures and I will help you.
Cheers,

The Tod's Boomerang I just got from the outlet has riri (2007 model?), as does my Hogan bag (also outlet)

I think someone else here has the boomerang and if it wasn't from the outlet it would be interesting to see what the zipper is.

Can you post pictures of your Miky in question? Inside zippered area, hardware embossing and the zipper pull tabs and back of zipper.
Thanks!
Cheers,

I agree with you about the handles folding down. For me, this is a pretty big bag. I'm going to be flying next week and I'm already worried that I won't be able to fit it under the chair in front of me as I know the flight attendant is going to ask me to put it there. It definitely wouldn't fit if the handles stood straight up. One tpf suggestion I got was to place it in it's dustbag and then in the overhead compartment. I thought that was a great idea, except ppl on the plane might think I'm weird!

One other question for you: Do the handles soften over time? Maybe mine are more stiff because of the patent leather, but they do hurt my shoulder. I'm used to my LV batignolles tote that has longer flat straps and it's so comfortable on my shoulder, even with a tank top. Right now I've been carrying the D-bag on my arm because my winter coats are too bulky, but when warmer weather comes I'll want to use it as a shoulder bag.

Unfortunately, the handles of my patent D-bags have not softened with use, but I don’t find them uncomfortable. My non-patent leather bags’ handles have softened a bit, though, so perhaps a non-patent D-bag might be a better choice for you?

When I travel with a leather bag, I use a folding/expandable nylon tote for protection (e.g., Longchamp, Herve Chapelier, Baggallini, etc.) when I place it in the security-check bin and under the seat. I would worry that a fabric dustbag wouldn’t provide enough protection if the airplane floor or overhead bin is wet or dirty.

Also, sometimes I need an extra bag for the return trip, so the expandable nylon bags come in handy. I have been able to fit the D-bag under the seat with the handles folded down, so it shouldn’t be a problem, and I wouldn’t place the bag in the overhead bin, as someone might come along and put something on top of it that would ruin the bag (scratching or crushing). Hope this helps!

Unfortunately, the handles of my patent D-bags have not softened with use, but I don’t find them uncomfortable. My non-patent leather bags’ handles have softened a bit, though, so perhaps a non-patent D-bag might be a better choice for you?

When I travel with a leather bag, I use a folding/expandable nylon tote for protection (e.g., Longchamp, Herve Chapelier, Baggallini, etc.) when I place it in the security-check bin and under the seat. I would worry that a fabric dustbag wouldn’t provide enough protection if the airplane floor or overhead bin is wet or dirty.

Also, sometimes I need an extra bag for the return trip, so the expandable nylon bags come in handy. I have been able to fit the D-bag under the seat with the handles folded down, so it shouldn’t be a problem, and I wouldn’t place the bag in the overhead bin, as someone might come along and put something on top of it that would ruin the bag (scratching or crushing). Hope this helps!

I do have a Longchamp foldable tote that I think is just big enough to fit the D-bag in, so that's another great idea. I'm glad it will fit under the seat on the plane. I've seen people push and pull other people's things in the overhead bin just to make room for their own stuff, so I really didn't want to have to put it up there.

Too bad the handles don't soften, but I love the look of the patent leather so I'm going to keep it and suck it up. Fashion doesn't always equal comfort, right?

Can you post pictures of your Miky in question? Inside zippered area, hardware embossing and the zipper pull tabs and back of zipper.
Thanks!
Cheers,

Here's the bag that I am not sure about the authenticity of (its not a miky). I can't get good pics of mine which is black so I am posting the pics of the one that is exactly like mine that made me reconsider.
http://www.rodeodriveresale.com/inc/sdetail/39405
(click on "more details" below the first photo for the close ups)

What had me thinking this bag wasn't authentic was the following: (1) the made in italy and stamp are on the opposite side from the TODS logo on the inside, and (2) I've only ever seen the version of the bag with 2 handles, studs on the bottom (and 4 more studs on the sides of the bag itself) as posted below
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=110339708293

Here are pics of me with my black Miky Nomade. I was also lucky enough to score one in brandy thanks to another tPFer (props to smalls). In these pics, the bag is stuffed for storage with tissue paper, so it's at maximum fullness.

I had never looked at Tod's before, but I was immediately obsessed with this bag because it can go from shoulder to crossbody so easily. It is the perfect travel handbag for me: casual but classy enough to go to dinner, goes from shoulder to crossbody, plenty of outside pockets, large enough to carry everything I need without being too overwhelming for my frame. :ps:

For reference, I'm 5' 100lbs.

img_0137.jpg

img_0138.jpg

img_0139.jpg

Very nice. I have the Miky Nomade Media in orange. Is yours media or grande size? It looks large in the pic but you're petite.
I find this bag is so functional. I don't use it as crossbody but just the outside pockets and the amount the bag will hold make it a favorite of mine.

Very nice. I have the Miky Nomade Media in orange. Is yours media or grande size? It looks large in the pic but you're petite.
I find this bag is so functional. I don't use it as crossbody but just the outside pockets and the amount the bag will hold make it a favorite of mine.

It's the Media, and I would love to have one in orange! I've been jonesing for an orange one ever since I saw a pic of it on tPF -- was that yours? I'm very picky about my oranges -- currently my only orange bag is a Bottega Veneta -- but the Miky orange looks perfect!

It's the Media, and I would love to have one in orange! I've been jonesing for an orange one ever since I saw a pic of it on tPF -- was that yours? I'm very picky about my oranges -- currently my only orange bag is a Bottega Veneta -- but the Miky orange looks perfect!

Yes, that was probably my orange Miky you saw. Here is a pic.
tods 001.jpg
I'd like to have a black one some day. I think I'd get a lot of mileage out of one.