Tips on explaining Hermes

:goodpost::tup:
this is soooo sweet martiniandlace! so happy you found a man who supports your H-abit and is happy because you are happy!

Sounds like your DH (from what I read) as well as Tanker Toads' and quite a few ladies around here and some guys I know IRL.
These men understand the slogan "Happy Wife, Happy Life".
As long as we are (***cough***) moderately fiscally responsible women ...:P.

So Hermes_lemming, if anyone takes the time to ask me whats inside my orange boxes...I always answer "Liquid Assets"......We are good investors for sure.....:biggrin:.

cars watches yachts etc........ but introduce H to him with ...... nothing fitted as in shoes or ready to wear!!!. more like a tie or a card holder or wallet or a winter scarf thing is after you feel and enjoy H you just cant argue against it !!!!

cars watches yachts etc........ but introduce H to him with ...... nothing fitted as in shoes or ready to wear!!!. more like a tie or a card holder or wallet or a winter scarf thing is after you feel and enjoy H you just cant argue against it !!!!

Great idea - I started buying my husband ties and pocket squares (which I steal and wear) and wallets and he is so much more appreciative of the quality and beauty.

Oooh, sidetracking here, but she does
A mans instinct is to look after his woman and if she doesn't need it he'll feel superfluous - right across the board here.
The plight of a/the single/successful woman is a difficult one and that's where explaining and justifying comes in sometimes.

Don't over-anticipate his response/reacion to your collection. Don't over-analyse or expect the worst either. My DH had never heard of Hermes before he met me. He very quickly built me the most wonderful closet to house my stuff, spending forever to find the right crystal door handles!!.
Even offering to install a bio-metric fingerpint reader so only I have access in case of a break-in.

It didn't take any amount of explaining other than him accompnying me to the store a few times. He doesnt understand why the prices are what they are but if it makes me happy, he's all for it.

If he's the right one, he'll get you and your ridiculously expensive bags....Who knows? He might even add to the collection.:hugs:
Men are ok to pay any $ for desigining interior/exterior house. Your DH repescts you a lot either you are so young beautiful, richer than him, make same or more amount of $ than him, or in high degree education than him.

Most of guys will say crazy crazy crazy if we tell them how much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$......:nogood:

Your man is a keeper. :tup::yes:

Yea unfortunately this didnt work with my ex. I gave him luxury ties, wallets and watches and it was like talking to a wall. He knew I had a taste for finer things and viewed it solely as that. My personal taste, not his.

Why is it that a woman who has/makes her own money needs to justify her purchases? :sad:

Because its a man's world, sweetie. Society trains us to accept successful male professionals but not female. Look at the yahoo ceo. My cousins are still befuddled how I am able to afford my lifestyle WITHOUT a man! I could go on but I digress..

I wouldn't exactly see it as justification per say, more like a statement of how things are, at least in my world. This what I am used to and unless a natural catastrophe were to occur or a sudden loss of financial means, this is how its going to be.

I am a ridiculously hard worker, financially independent since the age of 15 and has a taste for some fine things and thats that. I take care of those less fortunate if I am aware their plight, etc. And so I know fully who I am as an individual. If someone cares to pass judgement, that's their prerogative.

Reactions: BBC
Oooh, sidetracking here, but she does
A mans instinct is to look after his woman and if she doesn't need it he'll feel superfluous - right across the board here.
The plight of a/the single/successful woman is a difficult one and that's where explaining and justifying comes in sometimes.

I agree with this 1000%. Great answer, Milli.

Men are ok to pay any $ for desigining interior/exterior house. Your DH repescts you a lot either you are so young beautiful, richer than him, make same or more amount of $ than him, or in high degree education than him.

Most of guys will say crazy crazy crazy if we tell them how much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$......:nogood:

Your man is a keeper. :tup::yes:

I agree martini is very lucky but as are the countless others on this forum who have supportive (and I dont mean financially) SOs.

But I dont think that youth, beauty, wealth, or education level has anything to do with that respect. Its called love. Pure, unadulterated, and unconditional.

Yes most run of the mill bar crawlers would fall off their stool at some of the prices. But in the end of the day, you know what they say: happy wife = happy life.

Because its a man's world, sweetie. Society trains us to accept successful male professionals but not female. Look at the yahoo ceo. My cousins are still befuddled how I am able to afford my lifestyle WITHOUT a man! I could go on but I digress..

I wouldn't exactly see it as justification per say, more like a statement of how things are, at least in my world. This what I am used to and unless a natural catastrophe were to occur or a sudden loss of financial means, this is how its going to be.

I am a ridiculously hard worker, financially independent since the age of 15 and has a taste for some fine things and thats that. I take care of those less fortunate if I am aware their plight, etc. And so I know fully who I am as an individual. If someone cares to pass judgement, that's their prerogative.

I guess my point wasn't commentary on society at large-- but about having to justify purchases made with your own money to your SO. I guess I'm lucky that before I was married, what I did with my own money was up to me; I never felt judged by the men I dated. Now that I'm married, I still have my own spending money and my husband has no say in how I spend it (though of course now big purchases apart from my personal spending money are discussed as a family- but the same rules apply to my husband's spending).

I guess my point wasn't commentary on society at large-- but about having to justify purchases made with your own money to your SO. I guess I'm lucky that before I was married, what I did with my own money was up to me; I never felt judged by the men I dated. Now that I'm married, I still have my own spending money and my husband has no say in how I spend it (though of course now big purchases apart from my personal spending money are discussed as a family- but the same rules apply to my husband's spending).

Oh my dear, I have no plans on justifying it. More like explaining. I will say it's a psuedo hobby if he asks, which I doubt. He already knows I like/own nice things. He just doesnt know the exact price tag.:biggrin: Nor do I see the need to go to that detail...ever!

I had the pleasure of dating quite a few gents and was even married before. I dont believe any judged me. Besides how can you judge someone so lovable. :P

It'll be fine. I am just going to enjoy the ride and see what happens.

If he has a problem with Hermes, then he is definitely not the chap for me. If he thinks I need to justify everything, lol, well lets just say its on to the next fellow.:smile:

This is actually a very very accurate statement of things, OP.

Many, many, many times i've been asked what my husband does for a living for me to be able to afford such a nice home, car, watch, whatever ...... because they honestly don't believe a woman can a) earn sensible money and b) afford to buy that luxury item herself (I wasn't married).

In this day and age this mindest still staggers me but it's still very much out there - and i'm not talking about the generations of age 80 and over, they can be excused because their world was poles apart from today, but people under 50.
I get the worst remarks from men too, they're the worst for thinking i can't possibly earn enough for said item.
I also think the way you (i) look has an effect, because i am a petite blonde that is automatically perceived as needing to be looked after etc ........

Phew.
Shall we get on now :whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle: