Tips on explaining Hermes

hermes_lemming

my little etoupe
O.G.
May 5, 2006
Alright ladies, so I have a bit of an unusual dilemma. I have been a long time supporter of this brand. My ex was aware and didnt have any qualms. However that relationship is now over.

How do I explain the orange boxes to a new beau? Any ideas? Anybody? Btw, I am not talking tons... just a few :P.

In my head, the conversation goes like this..

Whats in the orange boxes?
Purses.
Hmm, but why are they in the boxes?
:eyerolls:

Last edited:
Lol. Ok. This should be interesting. Knowing him, he may try to be sweet and surprise me with something nice from Hermes. LMAO. I can just picture his reaction at the boutique "it costs HOW MUCH?!?"

:blush:

lol...

Would a new beau ask?

If my beau had met me in my current H phase, it'd go something like this...

me: "Aren't you curious about why I have orange boxes in my closet?"

him: "No"

me: "Really? Not even a little bit?"

him: "You'll tell me when you're ready"

me: :P "What if I told you they were handbags?"

him: "Okay."

me: "You don't think it's weird?"

him: "No. Should I?"

me: :P "No..."

Watches...........find a guy that likes 'em.

A fine bag is like a fine watch.......timeless.

LMAO. I actually know one but we are friends. He has 12 luxury watches that I tease him incessantly over. And his retort is my single "nice" wrist piece. :o

Nah, I like this one. :rolleyes:
We'll see how it goes. Wish me luck.

lol...

Would a new beau ask?

If my beau had met me in my current H phase, it'd go something like this...

me: "Aren't you curious about why I have orange boxes in my closet?"

him: "No"

me: "Really? Not even a little bit?"

him: "You'll tell me when you're ready"

me: :P "What if I told you they were handbags?"

him: "Okay."

me: "You don't think it's weird?"

him: "No. Should I?"

me: :P "No..."

Lol. I guess I should explain further. He is hinting about cohabitation and due to logistics, etc. It makes sense for me to relocate vs him blah bah.

Long story short, I mentioned that I come with my wardrobe, jewelry, pup and purses plus any other trinkets he likes around my house (e.g. I have a better tv :biggrin:).

But I guess you are right. I can be over thinking things. :o it's my nature

:hugs:

I just asked my husband, and he confirmed that he's never been even the slightest bit curious about that sort of thing. In fact, when we helped each other move, he didn't ask a single question about my place or my stuff. His facial expressions posed a lot of questions, though. But none of them were asked aloud. (It makes me laugh just remembering the looks on his face. :roflmfao: But he was sweet about everything! Phew!)

Lol. I guess I should explain further. He is hinting about cohabitation and due to logistics, etc. It makes sense for me to relocate vs him blah bah.

Long story short, I mentioned that I come with my wardrobe, jewelry, pup and purses plus any other trinkets he likes around my house (e.g. I have a better tv :biggrin:).

But I guess you are right. I can be over thinking things. :o it's my nature

Last edited:
:hugs:

I just asked my husband, and he confirmed that he's never been even the slightest bit curious about that sort of thing. In fact, when we helped each other move, he didn't ask a single question about my place or my stuff. He facial expressions posed a lot of questions, though. But none of them were asked aloud. (It makes me laugh just remembering the looks on his face... :roflmfao: but he was sweet about everything!)

OMG, if you only seen how his place is decorated. Gawd help me. Think "Conan the barbarian". But he put his house up for sale :happydance:. The sweetie wants for us to have a fresh start. New place, new beginning, etc.

But I am like your husband. My facial expressions are a dead giveaway even if I dont say anything. :cool:

awww... What a sweetie!!

Yep. When it was my turn to help my hubby with his place and his stuff, my facial expressions definitely gave me away!! :giggles:

OMG, if you only seen how his place is decorated. Gawd help me. Think "Conan the barbarian". But he put his house up for sale :happydance:. The sweetie wants for us to have a fresh start. New place, new beginning, etc.

But I am like your husband. My facial expressions are a dead giveaway even if I dont say anything. :cool:

awww... What a sweetie!!

Yep. When it was my turn to help my hubby with his place and his stuff, my facial expressions definitely gave me away!! :giggles:

Yea I felt like a heel because he was so proud of his place. When he first showed me his exact words were "I hope you like it..."

My jaw dropped. And not in a good way. We are talking expensive bad taste. :faints: I believe when I lied my a** off and said "it's cute", he decided on a new place.

:roflmfao:

I take it he wasn't fooled in the least bit! ;)

Yea I felt like a heel because he was so proud of his place. When he first showed me his exact words were "I hope you like it..."

My jaw dropped. And not in a good way. We are talking expensive bad taste. :faints: I believe when I lied my a** off and said "it's cute", he decided on a new place.

Do you really think he would ask? My husband wouldn't care other than to be impressed that I'm storing things in a space efficient way in geometric boxes lol!! Even if he asked I would just tell him 'handbags' and he would lose interest & glaze over. I don't see why orange boxes and their contents would be of any interest to most men lol!!!!

Do you really think he would ask? My husband wouldn't care other than to be impressed that I'm storing things in a space efficient way in geometric boxes lol!! Even if he asked I would just tell him 'handbags' and he would lose interest & glaze over. I don't see why orange boxes and their contents would be of any interest to most men lol!!!!

Yeah, it would, especially if you have more disposable income than them, this is when alllllll the problems start :-s
It's been this way for me so these days i just stick to my cats, men are a thing of the past :oh:

Don't over-anticipate his response/reacion to your collection. Don't over-analyse or expect the worst either. My DH had never heard of Hermes before he met me. He very quickly built me the most wonderful closet to house my stuff, spending forever to find the right crystal door handles!!.
Even offering to install a bio-metric fingerpint reader so only I have access in case of a break-in.

It didn't take any amount of explaining other than him accompnying me to the store a few times. He doesnt understand why the prices are what they are but if it makes me happy, he's all for it.

If he's the right one, he'll get you and your ridiculously expensive bags....Who knows? He might even add to the collection.:hugs: