The Lazy Gal's Way To Stretch The Toe Box!

I wore my Altis for a bit with socks on to stretch them out but then did the sock stuff instead because it fits PERFECTLY in the heel but tight in the toebox. I didn't want to make the heel too loose from wearing socks in the shoes. =)

I just bought my first pair of Louboutin's last night via the Christian Louboutin website, the patent leather Very Prive. They should be arriving by Monday or Tuesday, or so the SA said when she confirmed my billing address. I'll be leaving to Vegas on Friday morning for the July 4th weekend.

My question is: What's the QUICKEST way to stretch out my heels by the time I go on my trip? I have about a 3 day time frame... I'm thinking about leaving the socks in the toe box while I'm in my hotel room when I'm not wearing them... but what else would be beneficial?

OMG!!!
I wore my Declic (suede) to work and they were killing my left foot so I decided to stretch the toe box with what I had on hand:

-I put on 2 pairs of thin running socks and ummmm:shame: Purell hand santizer (it's 62% alcohol) and rubbed it in the inside of the shoe. It WORKED!!

I wasn't expecting it to work so fast (like 5 minutes) now they are lil too big in the back but the toe box was killing me!

It worked! It really worked! Thank you so much for posting this tip! I was so afraid I would have to endure weeks of pain until I broke in the toe box of my new shoes the hard way, but then I knew if a cure existed, I could find it on the Purse Forum! So, after reading this thread, I went fishing through my husband's sock drawer for a pair of his gym socks and rummaging through the bathroom cabinet for a bottle of rubbing alcohol, then after an hour or so on my feet (ouch!) and a night with some lightly soaked, but tightly balled up socks shoved into the toe boxes and held in place by the sticks they came with, I was able to get my shoes on this morning and wear them all day without wanting to scream in agony! I am going to try it again tonight to get them to the point where they are just perfect! Please let me say that I am beyond grateful! Thank you again for saving the day, Purse Forum Ladies! :dothewave: You Girls rock!

Hello all, I'm a CL newbie here. Got my first Rolandos today and am currently cutting off circulation via the sock-on-toes trick. I saw a couple pages back someone mentioned ice, and I've actually heard of that before. Has anyone tried this?

Basically, you fill (and seal!) a Ziploc with water, let it sit in the toe box, and put it in the freezer so the ice expands and stretches the shoe. It sounds great, but will the leather crack if it gets that cold and I try to stretch it?

Hello all, I'm a CL newbie here. Got my first Rolandos today and am currently cutting off circulation via the sock-on-toes trick. I saw a couple pages back someone mentioned ice, and I've actually heard of that before. Has anyone tried this?

Basically, you fill (and seal!) a Ziploc with water, let it sit in the toe box, and put it in the freezer so the ice expands and stretches the shoe. It sounds great, but will the leather crack if it gets that cold and I try to stretch it?

In response to myself, I don't need to try it, the sock trick worked pretty quickly. I just stuffed them in the toes overnight, and then wore them over my toes while walking around the house two separate times, and now they are pretty comfortable. :smile: