The JADE thread!

Soon I will be in London´s Chinatown.... But I don´t think that I will find great jades there...
What do you think?

I think it may be worth a shot. But I know in many Chinese stores, there can be some bargaining involved. My jade leaf was bargained down to 1/3 of list price!! However, the store I most recently visited for Serenity stated they have "fair pricing" and do not bargain. I guess what I'm saying is that shopping in China requires a bit of insight into what kind of seller you are dealing with. I generally also recommend going with someone who speaks the native language if possible. I am of Chinese descent and still have Chinese relatives. So I find shopping for big ticket items easier because I can bargain/ talk the native language.

Hi NYC Princess! I bet the pinkish lavender one is for you:smile: I know you love your lavenders [emoji6] All three are gorgeous and so icy too.
It's great your mom loves Jade. Wish mine did but she has no interest.
Hope you and your family are doing well. Missed you here [emoji4]

Haha actually the tinted one is for Mom! She likes lavender/purples too (not just in jade) and I thought a clean icy one would better round out my collection.

Thank you! We are doing well but I will be so glad when our house construction projects are so I can start to set up the nursery for baby 2. Oct (expected due date) is approaching fast!

Reactions: 2boys_jademommy
I think it may be worth a shot. But I know in many Chinese stores, there can be some bargaining involved. My jade leaf was bargained down to 1/3 of list price!! However, the store I most recently visited for Serenity stated they have "fair pricing" and do not bargain. I guess what I'm saying is that shopping in China requires a bit of insight into what kind of seller you are dealing with. I generally also recommend going with someone who speaks the native language if possible. I am of Chinese descent and still have Chinese relatives. So I find shopping for big ticket items easier because I can bargain/ talk the native language.

That kind of bargaining always makes me nervous! I don't know what to throw out as a starting price off the list. Like would you state 25% to get to the 1/3 of list price? If it weren't a price gouging store, they might be offended and think you weren't a serious customer.

Haha actually the tinted one is for Mom! She likes lavender/purples too (not just in jade) and I thought a clean icy one would better round out my collection.

Thank you! We are doing well but I will be so glad when our house construction projects are so I can start to set up the nursery for baby 2. Oct (expected due date) is approaching fast!

I'm glad you're doing great NYC. Good luck with everything :smile: [emoji4] Sending best wishes.

That kind of bargaining always makes me nervous! I don't know what to throw out as a starting price off the list. Like would you state 25% to get to the 1/3 of list price? If it weren't a price gouging store, they might be offended and think you weren't a serious customer.
I know! I don't like it either. But I usually come up with a figure I'm willing to pay (lowest) to upper range I want to spend. Then I'll ask for about 80% of my lowest price (expecting them to say no and return me a price closer to my lowest price). Then there's a bit of back and forth until you and the vendor reach a happy medium (hopefully still less than my max price).

I know! I don't like it either. But I usually come up with a figure I'm willing to pay (lowest) to upper range I want to spend. Then I'll ask for about 80% of my lowest price (expecting them to say no and return me a price closer to my lowest price). Then there's a bit of back and forth until you and the vendor reach a happy medium (hopefully still less than my max price).

I agree negotiating is awkward. At the Asian jewellery stores here in Toronto they almost always give their customers a discount. What usually happens is when I ask to look at a piece, the SA will check the price and then whip their calculators out and tell me what the price is. If I want it I will offer a lower price and we usually meet somewhere in the middle.
I never feel comfortable offering a price first because I'm afraid of offending them.

Hello everyone, my lavender bangle arrived today from Maithong. She Had trouble with posting it and it was returned to her, so she sent it straight out via Fedex. When it arrived I found not only the bangle but two extra gifts. I have no idea if the ring and beaded bracelet have been treated, but the rest of her stuff isnt, so who knows? I can't fault her customer service and the bangle is absolutely gorgeous. The photos I've taken dont do justice to the colour, and I dont recommend trying to ohotograph your own wrist with an ipad!

Attachments

• IMG_2241.JPG
    IMG_2241.JPG
    323.8 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_2245.JPG
    IMG_2245.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_2246.JPG
    IMG_2246.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
Hello everyone, my lavender bangle arrived today from Maithong. She Had trouble with posting it and it was returned to her, so she sent it straight out via Fedex. When it arrived I found not only the bangle but two extra gifts. I have no idea if the ring and beaded bracelet have been treated, but the rest of her stuff isnt, so who knows? I can't fault her customer service and the bangle is absolutely gorgeous. The photos I've taken dont do justice to the colour, and I dont recommend trying to ohotograph your own wrist with an ipad!

I'm happy you're happy with your new bangle. It looks great stacked with your watch and beads :smile:
I love that there is a some green mixed in with the lavender. Enjoy wearing it!!

Reactions: Jadevirgin
Beautiful! I've been looking at some of their stock too so it's good to hear some feedback about them.

Enjoy your lovely jade!
I'm very impressed. The ring and beaded bracelet she sent me as gifts must have been worth a bit. Somone else of the forum, I forget who but think she lives in Germany, has bought from her too and been really happy. The colour and quality of the bangle seems very good to me. My only regret is that she didn't have it smaller. Although I struggle to get a 60mm on my right wrist, and cant get a continuous bangle on the left at all, once on they are loose because my wrists are tiny. This bangle is very loose, though it doesn't drop far below my wrist, due to my arthritic, swollen thumb joint.