The JADE thread!

Fatty really is fat lol! I love the chubby princess shape. Would like to have a chubbier princess bangle someday too. Thanks for sharing and "photo dump" away lol! :biggrin:

Ah, it's a pleasure. I'd forgotten how addictive photographing jade is! I could look at countless pictures of everyone's jade all day I think. So many different sides to each piece depending on the light.

Yes, she is a chunk! (Like me lol). I'd love a slim princess to sit beside her. I think that would look nice. I love seeing the stacks of bangles of varying thickness. Very pleasing to the eye :smile:

I should probably review mine in the reputable sellers thread. She was purchased from Churk who has been mentioned there. He was very helpful; took numerous extra photos for me, and even posted her to a hotel for me with a message attached so she reached my father there safely!

Reactions: 2boys_jademommy
Ok, so I got the "nephrite jade" bangle, and it's actually...
(drumroll)
Serpentine! I'm pretty sure-- SG is around 2.82, it's got a waxy surface, and is pale yellow green with whitish inclusions. It did have some green powder color polish, but I got that mostly off with some 91% alcohol (after testing a tiny area). I'd rather have it be anything natural instead of grade B jadeite, so there's that.
Anyway, it was a very inexpensive charity purchase (100% of the money goes to a food bank) and it was shipped carefully/quickly so I'll just chalk it up to lessons learned.

Thank you so much! Serenity is currently my favorite! She was 8800 yuan (roughly $1350), so she is also my most expensive purchase. Legacy though, is my most meaningful bangle. My mother and MIL also have pendants made out of the same jade.
Wow, I love the background behind your bangle. Is your daughter's necklace also made from the same jade?

Ok, so I got the "nephrite jade" bangle, and it's actually...
(drumroll)
Serpentine! I'm pretty sure-- SG is around 2.82, it's got a waxy surface, and is pale yellow green with whitish inclusions. It did have some green powder color polish, but I got that mostly off with some 91% alcohol (after testing a tiny area). I'd rather have it be anything natural instead of grade B jadeite, so there's that.
Anyway, it was a very inexpensive charity purchase (100% of the money goes to a food bank) and it was shipped carefully/quickly so I'll just chalk it up to lessons learned.

Sorry to hear your bangle tested as serpentine but I agree I'd rather have natural serpentine than treated Jade. Also how nice that the proceeds went to charity. Jade karma will be good to you :smile:

Reactions: LunaDoo
Has anyone bought from https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/GoldenTriangleJade before? They were mentioned once on the reputable sellers page but with no follow up.

I'm looking at some inexpensive bangles that I quite like. However I'm unsure of them being grade A. The little bright green spots on them (which I love) are a bit suspicious? What do you think? You might need to zoom in to see them.

IMG_0308.jpg

Has anyone bought from https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/GoldenTriangleJade before? They were mentioned once on the reputable sellers page but with no follow up.

I'm looking at some inexpensive bangles that I quite like. However I'm unsure of them being grade A. The little bright green spots on them (which I love) are a bit suspicious? What do you think? You might need to zoom in to see them.

View attachment 3771215
I've never heard or had experience with this seller. This bangle looks cool with the flecks of black / dark green. I see the little bright green spots too:smile:

Reactions: cdtracing
Wow, I love the background behind your bangle. Is your daughter's necklace also made from the same jade?

Yes my Legacy bangle and matching necklace for my daughter, we well as pendants were a custom order from Allan Sephar of Jade Divers. Here is a photo from Allan showing the pendants (they were a present I gave to my mother and MIL for the occasion of my daughter's birth). Hence 3 generations of women in my family now own the same Big Sur nephrite ;)

Attachments

• IMG_3831.JPG
    IMG_3831.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 244
Yes my Legacy bangle and matching necklace for my daughter, we well as pendants were a custom order from Allan Sephar of Jade Divers. Here is a photo from Allan showing the pendants (they were a present I gave to my mother and MIL for the occasion of my daughter's birth). Hence 3 generations of women in my family now own the same Big Sur nephrite ;)
Love!! The pieces are all very beautiful and the meaning behind them makes them all the more special.

Reactions: MrsChinadoll
Serenity and Legacy are beauties, Mrs. Chinadoll!!! May I ask where you bought Serenity?

Alas I purchased her on a recent trip to China. I think I paid about 1/2 to 1/3 the price I would have had I purchased her online or in the states. Here I am checking out all the jade at this Chinese jewelry store...they had so many beauties. The truly translucent, glassy bangles with streaks of imperial green were approx 30,000 yuan (5-6000 dollars). A bit too rich for my blood!

Attachments

• IMG_2551.JPG
    IMG_2551.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 213
Alas I purchased her on a recent trip to China. I think I paid about 1/2 to 1/3 the price I would have had I purchased her online or in the states. Here I am checking out all the jade at this Chinese jewelry store...they had so many beauties. The truly translucent, glassy bangles with streaks of imperial green were approx 30,000 yuan (5-6000 dollars). A bit too rich for my blood!

I have heard it is less expensive to buy Jade in China and even Hong Kong And of course a lot to choose from. Would be fun to shop there someday...

Reactions: cdtracing