The JADE thread!

Hmm, maybe. Not sure of actual measurements. Wouldn't nephrite (if it is) be lighter because of lower density? What thickness is your bangle?

Ok, just checked my ~59mm internal diameter/13mm D shaped grade A bangle's certificate. It weighs 50.87g, so maybe a thinner bangle that's slightly larger in diameter could be 48g. I'll know more when I can hold it in my hand.

Yes, I guess extra thickness all the way around can really push up the weight. Mine is rather thick; she's not called fatty for nothing! :biggrin: I don't have a tape measure to hand but she's easily 13mm+ wide.

Got a question. I only own one jade bangle so far because it was love at first sight and I couldn't get her out of my mind for weeks! Then I pulled the trigger.
I've not seen another bangle I feel the same way about, and since I wear "Fatty" 24/7 and she was expensive (for me, at £250) I'm worried I'll end up replacing her if I get another similar to her :sad:

However, she's very opaque and I would love to own a piece with a lot of translucency. What would you say the starting price for good translucency would be on 58mm sizes and upwards? (Colour not important as I won't be able to afford both aspects!)
I'm just wondering if it's worth me continuing to look for something in my price range.

Maybe a beaded bracelet is the way to go? Will I get better quality jade for my limited funds in bead form? I did fantasise about finding some translucent beads with the bright greens I love from my bangle. So they match.

Thank you. And thank you for sharing all these gorgeous pictures of your jade! The thread is addictive :biggrin:

Last edited:
Yes, I guess extra thickness all the way around can really push up the weight. Mine is rather thick; she's not called fatty for nothing! :biggrin: I don't have a tape measure to hand but she's easily 13mm+ wide.

Got a question. I only own one jade bangle so far because it was love at first sight and I couldn't get her out of my mind for weeks! Then I pulled the trigger.
I've not seen another bangle I feel the same way about, and since I wear "Fatty" 24/7 and she was expensive (for me, at £250) I'm worried I'll end up replacing her if I get another similar to her :sad:

However, she's very opaque and I would love to own a piece with a lot of translucency. What would you say the starting price for good translucency would be on 58mm sizes and upwards? (Colour not important as I won't be able to afford both aspects!)
I'm just wondering if it's worth me continuing to look for something in my price range.

Thank you. And thank you for sharing all these gorgeous pictures of your jade! The thread is addictive :biggrin:

Hi Nexiv post a pic of your "Fatty" bangle if you don't mind - would live to see it again.
It's difficult to say what a reasonable price would be for a translucent bangle. Also there is a range of how translucent is considered translucent. You should check out some of the online sites posted in our reputable sellers forum to get an idea of pricing. Even then pricing is hard to nail down. Have fun shopping and please let us know if you find anything!!

Reactions: LunaDoo

Maybe a beaded bracelet is the way to go? Will I get better quality jade for my limited funds in bead form? I did fantasise about finding some translucent beads with the bright greens I love from my bangle. So they match.

As two boys said, it really depends (grain texture, level of translucency, color etc) and can run the gamut.

Here are a couple "lower" priced ones that you might fit that I think is pretty:

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Round-Jadeite...3D322574403695&_trksid=p2056116.c100408.m2460
IMG_1500603993.428894.jpg

http://m.ebay.com/itm/322574403695?_mwBanner=1
IMG_1500603978.871685.jpg

And here is one that is quite a lot more!!!

http://m.ebay.com/itm/222554889688?_mwBanner=1
IMG_1500604004.868946.jpg

Generally if you find a very translucent piece with a flaw, it will be lower priced

Attachments

• IMG_1500603933.908832.jpg
    IMG_1500603933.908832.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_1500603965.165351.jpg
    IMG_1500603965.165351.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 205
Reactions: cdtracing
As two boys said, it really depends (grain texture, level of translucency, color etc) and can run the gamut.

Here are a couple "lower" priced ones that you might fit that I think is pretty:

Those are some beauties! I was actually instantly drawn to the paler one, I love the subtle balance.

Hi Nexiv post a pic of your "Fatty" bangle if you don't mind - would live to see it again.
It's difficult to say what a reasonable price would be for a translucent bangle. Also there is a range of how translucent is considered translucent. You should check out some of the online sites posted in our reputable sellers forum to get an idea of pricing. Even then pricing is hard to nail down. Have fun shopping and please let us know if you find anything!!

Thank you for the advice, I was up all night browsing the links! I may check out some items from sellers who definitely accept returns. Then I can see them in real life.

Took some pictures of Fatty to share :smile: I'm really enjoying wearing this new buffer bracelet I found in a charity shop with it. Allows me to stack without so much noise :biggrin:

Apologies for the photo dump. It's so hard to narrow down which ones to share!

IMG_0269.JPG IMG_0272.JPG IMG_0274.JPG IMG_0275.JPG

Her moody, lavender grey side.
IMG_0283.JPG
IMG_0280.JPG

I love her green spots!
IMG_0282.JPG

Those are some beauties! I was actually instantly drawn to the paler one, I love the subtle balance.

Thank you for the advice, I was up all night browsing the links! I may check out some items from sellers who definitely accept returns. Then I can see them in real life.

Took some pictures of Fatty to share :smile: I'm really enjoying wearing this new buffer bracelet I found in a charity shop with it. Allows me to stack without so much noise :biggrin:

View attachment 3770578 View attachment 3770579 View attachment 3770580 View attachment 3770581

View attachment 3770584
View attachment 3770582

I love her green spots!
View attachment 3770583
Ok, now it makes sense about Fatty's gram weight-- she's a very chubby princess! I like her spots, too.

Reactions: nexiv
Thank you so much! Serenity is currently my favorite! She was 8800 yuan (roughly $1350), so she is also my most expensive purchase. Legacy though, is my most meaningful bangle. My mother and MIL also have pendants made out of the same jade.

Wow thank you sharing your gorgeous collection MrsChinadoll! I love all of your pieces especially your Serenity bangle. It looks like you have a soft spot for soft green and white bangles :P Do you have a favourite?
It's great that you have a special pendant to give your daughter someday.

View attachment 3770578 View attachment 3770579 View attachment 3770580 View attachment 3770581

View attachment 3770584
View attachment 3770582

I love her green spots!
View attachment 3770583

Fatty really is fat lol! I love the chubby princess shape. Would like to have a chubbier princess bangle someday too. Thanks for sharing and "photo dump" away lol! :biggrin:

Reactions: nexiv