The JADE thread!

Dear Jadies,
It's been quite a while since I've posted. I recently went to visit some family in China, and of course I couldn't pass up an opportunity to shop for some jade! My husband and I recently celebrated 5 years of marriage (at the time, we thought we were also pregnant with our second child, however, since then I've received the bad news that it will end in miscarriage). In my sadness, as I am taking medical leave, I thought I will at least share my new angle with you all. It's the most translucent and most expensive bangle I own. I have named her Serenity. It's also my first princess cut. View attachment 3766115 View attachment 3766113View attachment 3766114
MrsChinadoll, I'm so very sorry to hear your sad news. Your bangle is just gorgeous and I hope will indeed bring you peace and serenity as you gaze upon it. I love everything about it - the translucency, the shape and the delicate color. You definitely picked a good one!

Dear Jadies,
It's been quite a while since I've posted. I recently went to visit some family in China, and of course I couldn't pass up an opportunity to shop for some jade! My husband and I recently celebrated 5 years of marriage (at the time, we thought we were also pregnant with our second child, however, since then I've received the bad news that it will end in miscarriage). In my sadness, as I am taking medical leave, I thought I will at least share my new angle with you all. It's the most translucent and most expensive bangle I own. I have named her Serenity. It's also my first princess cut. View attachment 3766115 View attachment 3766113View attachment 3766114
MrsChinadoll I am sorry for your and your family's loss. I think you picked the perfect bangle and name for it as I do hope it brings you serenity. It is beautiful. I adore the princess cut and the soft peaceful colour. It was made just for you.
Also wanted to congratulate you and your husband on your 5 year anniversary.

Dear Jadies,
Im.so sorry to hear the bad news miscarriage. Your bangle is stunning looking love the color

I'm very excited to join the club after months of stalking. My mom came back from Taiwan and brought me two lovely bangles. Here's the lighter one that I put on immediately! Its light green with little bits of honey brown colors. It's is a little big though. The other is a darker green that I'm waiting for Fall/Winter before wearing.View attachment 3766283

Welcome to the club:smile:. Your bangle looks great on you and I like the honey in it. Would love to see the other one too if you don't mind:smile: Do you prefer darker or lighter coloured bangles?

I'm very excited to join the club after months of stalking. My mom came back from Taiwan and brought me two lovely bangles. Here's the lighter one that I put on immediately! Its light green with little bits of honey brown colors. It's is a little big though. The other is a darker green that I'm waiting for Fall/Winter before wearing.View attachment 3766283
I have one that has very similar colors, but a D shape. I think it has the same little speckles, too. It is also a lesson on sizing-- my thin princess (w/flattened inside) is actually smaller, but I too may wait until it's cooler to try the wider one!

Welcome to the club:smile:. Your bangle looks great on you and I like the honey in it. Would love to see the other one too if you don't mind:smile: Do you prefer darker or lighter coloured bangles?
Here's a side by size. I think both colors are lovely, but I may be drawn to the lighter one more. It might also be because it's summer and I tend to wear lighter colors.

IMG_7732.PNG

I have one that has very similar colors, but a D shape. I think it has the same little speckles, too. It is also a lesson on sizing-- my thin princess (w/flattened inside) is actually smaller, but I too may wait until it's cooler to try the wider one!

Here's a closer look at the speckles. I would love to see a a photo - is D shape where the inner is flat? Please excuse my questions, I'm such a newbie when it comes to jade.

Attachments

• IMG_7730.JPG
    IMG_7730.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 182
Here's a side by size. I think both colors are lovely, but I may be drawn to the lighter one more. It might also be because it's summer and I tend to wear lighter colors.

View attachment 3767109

Here's a closer look at the speckles. I would love to see a a photo - is D shape where the inner is flat? Please excuse my questions, I'm such a newbie when it comes to jade.

Very nice!! They look good together as they are similar shape and size. You mentioned the lighter one is a bit big on you - does the darker bangle fit better? Personally I think both your bangles can be worn winter and summer but the lighter one probably is just a wee bit more versatile colour wise.
Is that reddish brown bead on your bracelet jade as well?

Reactions: hb925
CJ forgot to answer your question - yes D shape is where the inner diameter is flat. Some feel it is more comfortable to wear which I guess I would agree. Some also feel it is more modern which I don't agree. While it is a newer cutting style, I think both princess and d shapes look current when worn with the right attitude:smile: l ❤️ them both.
Here's a quick pic of a d shape. This is me at work today.

IMG_1821.JPG

IMG_1821.JPG IMG_1822.JPG

Very nice!! They look good together as they are similar shape and size. You mentioned the lighter one is a bit big on you - does the darker bangle fit better? Personally I think both your bangles can be worn winter and summer but the lighter one probably is just a wee bit more versatile colour wise.
Is that reddish brown bead on your bracelet jade as well?

Thank you! They're actually both the same size. I do think the darker bangle fits better, but only because it doesn't move around as much. I didn't realize until you explained, but the darker bangle is actually a D shape bangle. I'll take better photos when I wear her - she's a lovely shade of dark green. My mother said it's actually tri-color jade, although I can only spot two. :doh:

The red bead is part of a good luck charm bracelet I prayed for at a temple in Taipei. Pretty sure they're just glass beads, haha. Your bangle today is lovely, such an intense color. I love the pairing with a bright yellow.

Reactions: 2boys_jademommy
Crosso, 2boys_jademom, and kindness3:
Thank you all so much. I was in a pretty dark place when I posted yesterday. But it was actually therapeutic to puruse this site and look at all the beautiful jade pieces. Your words mean a lot to me. Hugs

Big hugs back MrsChinadoll. I'm glad this forum helped in a small way. Not only do we share our love for Jade but it's great that we can support each other here. Jadies have to stick together:smile:

Reactions: LunaDoo and Dynasty
image.jpg image.jpg

View attachment 3767109

Love your speckles! Mine is less green, maybe closer to a light green-grey but quite similar. I don't have my own photos yet, but can post the seller's.