The JADE thread!

Out of curiosity, I checked a certificate of a bangle I favourited and inquired about from AllaboutjadeCanada. It doesnā€™t check out. I think this is still jadeite but the seller doesnā€™t want to spend the money to get the certificate. Regardless, I wonā€™t be buying from them and Iā€™m glad you asked about Singjade as it piqued my interest to go down this rabbit hole!

I think either way, I am going to send one of my bangles from each seller, to get tested. I donā€™t like it, especially since mail is sometimes unreliable, but it may be the best option.

Hey Alex did you ever test your bangle from them or did you and crabapples ever figure out if theyā€™re bangles were fake? I remember seeing something else about someone thinking they got a treated bangle from them a while

For matsalicejade, does everyone still think her shop is reliable/trustworthy?

I saw a bangle from both their shops that i think would make a great gift but Iā€™m a little hesitant

Hey Alex did you ever test your bangle from them or did you and crabapples ever figure out if theyā€™re bangles were fake? I remember seeing something else about someone thinking they got a treated bangle from them a while

For matsalicejade, does everyone still think her shop is reliable/trustworthy?

I saw a bangle from both their shops that i think would make a great gift but Iā€™m a little hesitant
I canā€™t speak for both of the buyers, but Iā€™ve bought from allaboutjadecanada a few times and matsalice way too often than Iā€™d like to reveal LOL. Both are trustworthy (now I donā€™t know much about the validity of allaboutjadecanadaā€™s jadeite selection) as their nephrite jade selection was what appealed to me the most.
In matsaliceā€™s case, as mentioned before, Iā€™ve bought way too much items from her over several years now. Thatā€™s how reliable and trustworthy I find her to be. I vividly recall her relisting a certain cabochon pendant set in 18k frame and the item description describing how she always strives to sell genuine, untreated jadeite jade (and nephrite), even shows a picture of a physical GIA certification in one of their listing pictures. This happened cause a buyer who bought that pendant accused her of doing the exact opposite, and thus returned the item and refunded afterwards.:lol: