The JADE thread!

Lovely pairing! Where did you get the carved bangle from? What’s the carving? As you can tell, I’m currently obsessed with carved jade bangles 😍
Thank you. Yes I think carvings add some fun to the bangles. I still have a couple more (simple carving) that are waiting for the craftsmen to complete. They were with me for ~ two months and I find I don’t reach out for them so I decided to send back to the source to carve and hope they come back looking more interesting for me to reach out :biggrin:

This carving is of two fishes. I have another jade piece also same; as it’s my zodiac sign. I got my jade all from direct factory source and the craftsman is able to do customisation.
IMG_6839.jpeg

Thank you. Yes I think carvings add some fun to the bangles. I still have a couple more (simple carving) that are waiting for the craftsmen to complete. They were with me for ~ two months and I find I don’t reach out for them so I decided to send back to the source to carve and hope they come back looking more interesting for me to reach out :biggrin:

This carving is of two fishes. I have another jade piece also same; as it’s my zodiac sign. I got my jade all from direct factory source and the craftsman is able to do customisation.
View attachment 5960401
I can see lotus leaf carving on the bangle. Lovely! I really love carved jade now. They make the colours stand out in the piece. I think some of these pieces may not sell well as plain bangles but the skilful craftsman can use carving to bring out the colours. Do show your other carved pieces when they come back ❤️

I’ve been doing background homework on my next bracelet and tbh the more I read into it, the more I got a little “flustered” by those precious stones that “cannot touch water” :doh: So, I reached out to my jade jeweller and told him to customise a bracelet to my own terms. Been wanting to do something with omphacite jadeite. His carver have these for me. Will see how it’ll turn out.

9cda0921-9d5a-43e6-998b-112d541ca1ef.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve been doing background homework on my next bracelet and tbh the more I read into it, the more I got a little “flustered” by those precious stones that “cannot touch water” :doh: So, I reached out to my jade jeweller and told him to customise a bracelet to my own terms. Been wanting to do something with omphacite jadeite. His carver have these for me. Will see how it’ll turn out.

View attachment 5972008

Can't wait to see the finished piece!

Reactions: Purrsey
Love the carved bangles :love:
I have been wearing the same pieces 24/7 lately.
My bluish green bangle from UJ, an imperial green pendant from Yokdee and a greyblue Guatemala jadeite bangle from Allan.
They are very different, but somehow are a combination that feels good.

Attachments

• IMG_6948.jpeg
    IMG_6948.jpeg
    102.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_6918.jpeg
    IMG_6918.jpeg
    140.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_6920.jpeg
    IMG_6920.jpeg
    130.1 KB · Views: 22