The JADE thread!

Well, to anyone wondering whether I tried again, with that super small bangle… I have not. The fear is just too much! I may try today with my brother squeezing my hand, but I’m not too sure. My reasoning for getting the super tight bangle was to have it sitting higher on my hand. But, I wore a super small metal bangle, much smaller than any jade bangle since the metal bangle opens and closes, and it STILL moves a lot along my arm. My arms are just too skinny. Right now I’ve been wearing Ivy, and I’m quite happy with her, I don’t want to remove this bangle just to bruise my hand, and have an unremovable bangle. View attachment 5900898View attachment 5900899View attachment 5900900View attachment 5900901
I’ve also worn Legolas, featured directly above. I value switching out my bangles too much, and hate when they bang together, so wearing multiple at the same time isn’t for me. The small one may honestly never be worn.
Nice pieces.
No way am I attempting to put on my yellow bangle too. I am keeping it for my daughter till size fits her.

I apologize in advance for I haven’t read through the whole thread. Regarding hard to get on bangles. I always stress out when I put on any of my bangles, jade or not. Some are smaller than others but not by a whole lot. I find using a sheer knee high works (as recommended by my sales associate) or lather up with a lot of lotion or soap (but I’m afraid I would loose my hold on the bangle and it goes flying). But again it depends on how tight of a fit it is. Hope this helps someone. Merry Christmas!

I apologize in advance for I haven’t read through the whole thread. Regarding hard to get on bangles. I always stress out when I put on any of my bangles, jade or not. Some are smaller than others but not by a whole lot. I find using a sheer knee high works (as recommended by my sales associate) or lather up with a lot of lotion or soap (but I’m afraid I would loose my hold on the bangle and it goes flying). But again it depends on how tight of a fit it is. Hope this helps someone. Merry Christmas!
Oh the sheer stocking is something new! For me I always just change out over the sink with soap. It’s the quickest for me.

Merry Xmas too everyone!

Reactions: Hermes Zen
Hi everyone, I am super super new to the jade thread and these are my few pieces recently inherited from my 98-year old grandmother when I visited her in Asia.

1) Bracelet and ring set; the ring is stamped “925” which Google tells me is a stamp that means platinum, and both the ring and bracelet have a stamp of a Chinese brand (can’t really make it out but I can see characters and it makes me think it is a brand name of a store?). The jade doesn’t look like jade to me though… it’s so opaque and seems like agate - thoughts? I still love the design of this set but I’m curious if experts here think this is jade?

2) Bright green jade pendant on a chain stamped 18k but I have my doubts on this one. One of the diamonds (if they are real, maybe CZ) is set crooked, which tells me this piece didn’t undergo care… The jade is very green, could it be color treated? The stone is bright and translucent but upon close inspection under bright light it kind of looks cloudy with my naked eye, can’t describe it. The jade seems watery/oily (no idea, total noob here) but definitely translucent compared to the top one.

3) Tiny gourd shaped pendant that is white and brown, opaque and not at all translucent and I am assuming this is jade, can any experts chime in?

4) Heart pendant that exhibits the white and light green jade I’m most accustomed to. Super heavy, thick piece!

5) Pendant carving in white and light green jade that my grandmother gifted to my husband. It’s cut much thinner than the heart pendant above.

I’m located in BC, Canada and interested in getting these tested - anyone know of a place to send these to?

Attachments

• IMG_8866.jpeg
    IMG_8866.jpeg
    284.9 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_8869.jpeg
    IMG_8869.jpeg
    107.4 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_8870.jpeg
    IMG_8870.jpeg
    154.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_8867.jpeg
    IMG_8867.jpeg
    112.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_8871.jpeg
    IMG_8871.jpeg
    308.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_8873.jpeg
    IMG_8873.jpeg
    162.2 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_8872.jpeg
    IMG_8872.jpeg
    154 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Hi everyone, I am super super new to the jade thread and these are my few pieces recently inherited from my 98-year old grandmother when I visited her in Asia.

1) Bracelet and ring set; the ring is stamped “925” which Google tells me is a stamp that means platinum, and both the ring and bracelet have a stamp of a Chinese brand (can’t really make it out but I can see characters and it makes me think it is a brand name of a store?). The jade doesn’t look like jade to me though… it’s so opaque and seems like agate - thoughts? I still love the design of this set but I’m curious if experts here think this is jade?

2) Bright green jade pendant on a chain stamped 18k but I have my doubts on this one. One of the diamonds (if they are real, maybe CZ) is set crooked, which tells me this piece didn’t undergo care… The jade is very green, could it be color treated? The stone is bright and translucent but upon close inspection under bright light it kind of looks cloudy with my naked eye, can’t describe it. The jade seems watery/oily (no idea, total noob here) but definitely translucent compared to the top one.

3) Tiny gourd shaped pendant that is white and brown, opaque and not at all translucent and I am assuming this is jade, can any experts chime in?

4) Heart pendant that exhibits the white and light green jade I’m most accustomed to. Super heavy, thick piece!

5) Pendant carving in white and light green jade that my grandmother gifted to my husband. It’s cut much thinner than the heart pendant above.

I’m located in BC, Canada and interested in getting these tested - anyone know of a place to send these to?
I believe 925 means silver. 950 is platinum.

Hi Jadies, haven’t been to the Forum for some time. Glad to see the jade love is still well and alive! Sharing my 1st carved bangle of intertwined branches and a Ruyi heart. It’s from a relatively new shop Jadebaosg which you can find on Instagram. Has very unique carved bangles and the workmanship is just amazing. Some of the carved bangles can be a little opaque so choose well :smile: I’m looking for a dragon phoenix one next for the year of the Dragon! 🐉

Attachments

• IMG_0953.jpeg
    IMG_0953.jpeg
    132.3 KB · Views: 30