The Cerf Tote Club!

The organizer just arrived yesterday! I absolutely love it-thanks again for the recommendation. As you suggested, I ordered the 13 x 5 x 6 organizer with the stiff bottom. I got the flexible ends because I wanted to be able to close the bag at the top. It's still a little slouchy but has much more shape than it used to. Thanks so much for your input. Hope this helps others who are looking for organizers. View attachment 3487711View attachment 3487715

Does it cover the inside zip pocket?

I have a beloved cerf that I bought rom Chanel about 10-12 years ago. I recently sent it to a third party for restoration (I think it's too old to have Chanel repair it?) and the repair person noticed that the hologram sticker in the bag was missing. Does anyone else own a cerf around this age that doesn't have the #/hologram in the bag?

I'm more curious than anything. I bought the bag so long ago, not ever thinking about authentication or resale. This was long before the proliferation of a web-based secondary market for used bags and high quality replicas. For all I know, I may have cut it out thinking it was a tag? I really can't recall.

I have a beloved cerf that I bought rom Chanel about 10-12 years ago. I recently sent it to a third party for restoration (I think it's too old to have Chanel repair it?) and the repair person noticed that the hologram sticker in the bag was missing. Does anyone else own a cerf around this age that doesn't have the #/hologram in the bag?

I'm more curious than anything. I bought the bag so long ago, not ever thinking about authentication or resale. This was long before the proliferation of a web-based secondary market for used bags and high quality replicas. For all I know, I may have cut it out thinking it was a tag? I really can't recall.

Oh wait, I took a second look and found the leather tab in the lining where the hologram sticker should go. Looks like the hologram fell off of the leather tab at some point.

If anyone is in search of a cerf. I was traveling out of town recently and ran across a large black with GHW at the Seattle, WA Chanel Nordstrom in Pacific Place. Talked to the SA while there and he had mentioned it was a random pop up and still is discontinued. This is a rare find so hopefully it helps one of you ladies who have been looking for one!

Reactions: nicole0612
I just bought a new-to-me preloved Chanel cerf ('executive tote) with gold hardware last week.:smile: It's from 2014 but it looks new and the leather is thick and not slouchy---the bag is surprisingly quite structured. I had been hearing stories about the infamous slouching but it does not bother me if the leather inevitably softens.
I was debating whether to get the Hermes Garden tote or the Chanel Neo executive tote but when I saw this older style executive tote, I knew I had to have it! Something about the clean lines, the simple but elegant look appealed to me. It is the perfect work bag.
This is my first Chanel bag by the way. Now I'm hooked and want more Chanel (and Hermes, haha)

Hello ladies! After reading the entire thread this past week and dreaming of it I just received my new-to-me Chanel Executive tote. It's my second Chanel bag and I absolutely adore it. It's waiting to be authenticated on the Chanel authentication thread, but for my peace of mind I just wanted to ask, how does the screws on your backplate look? Mine look just a tiny little bit rounded on the top and it's stressing me out because I know Chanel bags are supposed to have flat screws, but I can't find any pics on the thread. It's the only "red flag" on the bag really. (It's GHD!) (https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/authenticate-this-chanel.937412/page-748#post-31635936 you can see my post here if you want to, there's a pic of the backplate, I don't know if I can include a link I hope it's not a problem)
Thank you! :smile:

IMG_1865.JPG In love with my 'new-to-me' Chanel Cerf 'Executive tote' from 2014 ❤️ I carry it to work everyday in a fairly conservative environment and although I don't load it up with really heavy things like a laptop, it is perfect for carrying my papers and 'doodads.' I don't use the shoulder strap or detachable pouch. This bag is subtle and not in-your-face flashy. That said, considering that my bag is 3 years old I am surprised that this bag is still sturdy ('standing up straight') and the leather is quite thick. I know Chanel changed the leather around 2014..I'm wondering what kind of leather they changed to? I'm guessing goat skin?
It's a shame Chanel stopped producing the Chanel Cerf, its such a classic understated bag! My 1st Chanel (but as I head down the slippery Chanel slope, it likely won't be my last, haha).
Funnily enough, I find I am more attracted to vintage Chanel rather than the new latest styles. I wish I had discovered Chanel years ago!

Last edited:
View attachment 3809660 In love with my 'new-to-me' Chanel Cerf 'Executive tote' from 2014 ❤️ I carry it to work everyday in a fairly conservative environment and although I don't load it up with really heavy things like a laptop, it is perfect for carrying my papers and 'doodads.' I don't use the shoulder strap or detachable pouch. This bag is subtle and not in-your-face flashy. That said, considering that my bag is 3 years old I am surprised that this bag is still sturdy ('standing up straight') and the leather is quite thick. I know Chanel changed the leather around 2014..I'm wondering what kind of leather they changed to? I'm guessing goat skin?
It's a shame Chanel stopped producing the Chanel Cerf, its such a classic understated bag! My 1st Chanel (but as I head down the slippery Chanel slope, it likely won't be my last, haha).
Funnily enough, I find I am more attracted to vintage Chanel rather than the new latest styles. I wish I had discovered Chanel years ago!
Absolute perfection !:loveeyes::tup:

Reactions: weezer